ANH R2-D2 Build (Weathered CS:R spec)

Anyone want to play horseshoes? These were kind of a pain with all the masking and what not, but I'm glad I got them done.

jFuUKjoh.jpg

A pain but you did that very professionally!! Wicked job buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen that kind of printer before! There is actually some free files to make a stiffening brackets for it if needed

Almost bought this last year. Really excited to see this in action, way to go matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's the Z brace mod. I'm probably going to do it. There are a few other mods you can do but I'm not sure how crazy I want to get. It seems to be printing pretty good right out of the box.

I have thought about getting a printer as well, but I have so many other projects I need to finish before I go down that road.

Amazing work matty matt we seem to be at a similar point in our R2 builds. Mine was to be ready last weekend but life got in the way. As i missed the deadline i'm going back to a few parts and improving them as well as adding a few extra gadgets.

Really looking forward to seeing yours completed. Got any idea of time scale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work @matty matt we seem to be at a similar point in our R2 builds. Mine was to be ready last weekend but life got in the way. As i missed the deadline i'm going back to a few parts and improving them as well as adding a few extra gadgets.

Really looking forward to seeing yours completed. Got any idea of time scale?

I think I've got at least another year to go. But I'm not in any rush. I'm going to take my time with it and have fun. I'm just beginning to figure out 3D printing, and then I still have to build the feet, foot drives, and some kind of control system. I have no electronics other than the stuff in the dome.

Your build is coming along great. Keep up the progress!

Looks good! I have thought about getting a printer to print all my R5 parts. Not sure I have the time to learn the ins and outs of 3D printing right now though.

Printed some center vents today. I'm very happy with how these came out. I also printed this cool support frame to hold them in the body. It aligns them perfectly with the skins and the whole thing screws to the frame. It also has mounting holes for 3.5" speakers, so I'll be getting some of those. A little filling and sanding to do on the vents, but not really too much.

FtWRVK2h.jpg

sd2z2TAh.jpg

i didnt know of the support frame! great idea! that looks awesome! i have been on such a 3d print binge the past couple of days. i want one so bad! your very lucky

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back