Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

They finally came in! So excited to get started.

jP37anY.jpg

Thanks! And thanks @gedmac66, @lukanoir and @joberg too! :)

The on/off lettering was done with waterslide decal letters. You can get sheets of them from model railway suppliers. In the UK I got mine here - https://fox-transfers.co.uk/general-alphabets-linings. To be roughly the correct size the letters required are 1mm tall ... so REALLY fiddly! :)

Thanks for the link! Which ones did you use? The pictures aren't very clear and I can't make which typeface is the best match. I'll have to practice-I haven't used transfers since making airfix kits in my youth!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Soulinertia ,

Congrats on getting your blasters . Can't wait to receive mine .
Speaking of , the blue handle one - did it come unattached , or did you remove them . If the latter , how did you manage it and was it difficult ?

Cheers Ged

I'm not halving the gun, to much work for me so i'm going do some microsurgery. [...]
I'm going to take pics along the way and maybe a viddy and I will post the results.

Yes please! :popcorn I'm thinking about wiring without slicing too, so a video or good pics would be very helpful. Assuming you succeed. ;)

I'm going to attempt the removal of my blue grips tonight. I'll document it with pictures. I'm also looking into resin casting these in clear amber tinted resin.

@Soulinertia ,

Congrats on getting your blasters . Can't wait to receive mine .
Speaking of , the blue handle one - did it come unattached , or did you remove them . If the latter , how did you manage it and was it difficult ?

Cheers Ged

I had to pry them off. Not as much glue was used on that one. I've successfully split about 70% of the pistol apart so far.

I must be one of those unlucky ones who has a properly assembled blaster, because goddamnit, I can't pry the thing open no matter how hard I've tried. Can't even slip a fresh Xacto cleanly between the grip and the rest of the handle.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back