Weathering a DV6 with no experience... Any help appreciated!

Solo, my kitten woke me up at 4am, and I couldn't sleep again after. After eventually getting up, I had a pretty productive morning!

I started dabbing some superglue on the hilt with a sponge to add some texture and depth. Worked way better than I thought it would!

glue2.jpgglue1.jpg

Added some black paint around the, uh... the plate with the 2 square boxes on them? Love this part

paint1.jpg

And inbetween the grips - will most likely add even more to this later

paint2.jpg

Pictures don't do this justice though... Took a video for a better look at how it actually looks IRL

This is a ton of fun, oh boy! Still waiting for the blade plug, and a TFA bottom graflex plate to cover the sound vents

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that really has turned out great! Never thought about the super glue trick before I like that idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that really has turned out great! Never thought about the super glue trick before I like that idea!

I saw a comment on facebook of someone using glue mixed with shoe polish for a really nice rusty look... All I had was superglue so I figured it was worth a shot!

dring1.jpgdring2.jpgdring3.jpgdring4.jpgdring5.jpgdring6.jpgdring7.jpg

D-rings! Swapping the hex screws with rivets later so didn't weather those

I'm gonna need to think of a project to work on when this is done. Too much fun!

Damn!!! That kobold is impressive!!!! I like that a lot!

I have used glue before with acrylics but I've used elmers and titebone3, never tried super glue before

I'm gonna give it a shot next time

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back