Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I meant it backfired with fans. There's a lot of movies that are financially and critically successful, but don't continue to be received positively after a span of time. Avatar and Jurassic World are also two other movies that this has happened to. Personally, I love TFA, and I think the comparisons to it being too much like ANH are really the ONLY valid criticism against the movie, but the truth is that A LOT of people think the movie is the worst thing since The Room.

I'm a fan. I liked it.

PROVEN FALSE!

I get what you're saying though, but honestly, the small percentage of TFA haters seem to also coincidentally be PT and/or EU lovers... which tells me all I need to know. :)

I'm a fan who wasn't fussed about it, don't like the PT either and have no idea about the EU.
I not sure what age demographic this was a hit for with the younger generation, but my lad has never asked for me to put this film on. Now if it were a video game that might be a bit different - from what I can tell not many kids are bothered about movies nowadays.

in which direction?
Not that anyone would care for my opinion, but why the hell would they hire Trank, Trevorrow, and to some extent Lord-Miller if they knew of the supposed behavior on set in previous films? This article is hearsay and even finds a way to somehow make Spielberg look slightly bad.

There's something wrong there when LFL can chew up and spit out careers. These directors careers are ruined by the way. Again, this is just me, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

I wouldn't say their careers are ruined. If they are any good at what they do then they'll be hired on to the next gig.

I wouldn't say their careers are ruined. If they are any good at what they do then they'll be hired on to the next gig.

Lord and Miller jumped right into other projects... being fired from Disney won't do anything to most of these directors - Like Edgar Wright parting ways on Ant Man didn't hurt him.

L and M's track record is awesome... and Lucasfilm made a huge mistake letting them go.

Who wants FUN in a Star Wars film?

Trank and Treverrow shot themselves in the foot. Bot were hired, then exhibited behavior issues on other films, and it came back to haunt them. Trank's movie was outright cancelled after word spread of his behavior on FF. Colin was hired after Jurassic World, but before Book of Henry.

I can't imagine the feeling of having a Star Wars movie, than having it taken away, but we'll never know the full story.

Paul Feig should direct.

Melissa McCarthy will play the role of Kylo Ren.
Leslie Jones will play Finn.
Kristen Wiig can be Rey.
Rebel Wilson as Luke.
And Kate McKinnon can be Poe.

Chris Hemsworth can be Jar Jar Binks or 3PO.

Lord and Miller jumped right into other projects... being fired from Disney won't do anything to most of these directors - Like Edgar Wright parting ways on Ant Man didn't hurt him.

L and M's track record is awesome... and Lucasfilm made a huge mistake letting them go.

Who wants FUN in a Star Wars film?

Problem is you don't know what the issue really was. Just what the rest of know that it was essentially 'difference of opinion'.

Maybe they were doing things at the level of fart jokes all over the place (and frankly, the one from TPM was more than enough for SW) and general slapstick level whereas the home office wanted more level headed humor and not as much? You flat out cannot say that's not possible. Similarly, i can't say without a doubt LFL could have been wrong to do it, but I do trust them to know what SW is more than L and M.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back