The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

20170902_170856.jpg

Here's another one with the new fighting grips

Wow, is it me or does it look like it's all one piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose at the end of the day - black stripes on the handle look like T track from far away. The matte finish on that "cage" makes me think it's rubberized for comfort.

it sure looks more comfortable then the TFA dueling stunt. that sucker looked like they wrapped the a fun noodle from a swimming pool :wacko

View attachment 755753

Nice look at the hero (maybe?) prop!

From here: https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/903663634798321665

Are those the old style brass pins?

In my opinion, I don't think that hand is actually holding that lightsaber.

My theory is they photographed a hand holding a tube, took a photo of the lightsaber at the same angle, and then photoshopped the hand and the lightsaber together.

I think the top and bottom of the saber are real, I think the clamp is just a photoshopped CG looks-good-enough-who-cares to make the overall cover work and looks good. They may have even combined multiple shots of the hand holding the saber into one photo in photoshop.

I don't think they took the time or energy to take the clamp off and replace it with anything.

I was watching this video review of the new Black Series Rey lightsaber, interestingly it does have the brass-colored turned down glass eye, but it's got the ANH style d-ring instead of the Kobold clip.

(skip ahead until he's got the saber out of the box): https://youtu.be/4Gwkq-rD9t4

Last edited by a moderator:

So I'm watching The Accountant on HBO and what pops up on the screen?

View attachment 747213

I had to snap a pic. Too funny.

I just watched The Accountant and caught this too. The second red button is missing and the stand looks like a modified Force FX stand. Do we know anything about the replica that was used in this shot?

The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

I just watched The Accountant and caught this too. The second red button is missing and the stand looks like a modified Force FX stand. Do we know anything about the replica that was used in this shot?

The clamp card looks similar to a 2.0 clamp card.

I brought this up in the entertainment section a few months back. We didn't discover anything really, was hoping we could find the source who supplied

Not to get off topic but what a disappointing movie... my dad and I are huge 50 cal Barrett fans and man... what a let down

I was watching this video review of the new Black Series Rey lightsaber, interestingly it does have the brass-colored turned down glass eye, but it's got the ANH style d-ring instead of the Kobold clip.

(skip ahead until he's got the saber out of the box): https://youtu.be/4Gwkq-rD9t4

good god it even has the clear, left sided clamp card. Maybe the Kobold clip covered too much speaker

Guys I'm about to go ride my bike to the magazine store. Is this cover out yet?

9b28da250cba53c641bd9b4b9b111333.jpg

Guys I'm about to go ride my bike to the magazine store. Is this cover out yet?

Read the fine print at the bottom.... "Exclusive Subscriber's Cover"

So I don't think that cover will be available at your newsstand.... :(

Read the fine print at the bottom.... "Exclusive Subscriber's Cover"

So I don't think that cover will be available at your newsstand.... :(

Baaaah!! Couldn't see that on my iPod screen. Thanks for pointing that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just considered spending $45 on one on eBay... But I think I'll pass :/

What do these actually cost anyway?

I just considered spending $45 on one on eBay... But I think I'll pass :/

What do these actually cost anyway?

They have the regular issue at the magazine store (this store carries 4000 titles) I honestly forgot how much, I didn't look at the price I was hoping for more saber pics inside but no luck...

I may go back tomorrow and grab it. As for the actual cover, you could always print out the picture above? I think that's what I'll do

Hey halliwax ! This one's cool too though...

Empire Magazine - October 2017 - The Last Jedi - Newsstand Cover - 01.jpg

I would have bought them both if they gave me the option! Silly EMPIRE Magazine, you need to hire a better marketing campaign manager!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back