Dragoncon 2017

So Dragoncon is 31 days away now, pretty much almost a month away. I'm going to start getting the badge design ready. Please let me know if you are interested in getting a custom badge this year. I will make 2-3 different designs that your able to choose from. Also, you will have the option of using your avatar from the RPF, or using another photo. Please reply to this posting if your wanting a custom badge, by simply saying "i'm interested in getting a custom badge". Badges will be made for a donation of $2.00 to cover the fee for holders and such....Thank you in advance.

So Dragoncon is 28 days away now, pretty much almost a month away. I'm going to start getting the badge design ready. Please let me know if you are interested in getting a custom badge this year. I will make 2-3 different designs that your able to choose from. Also, you will have the option of using your avatar from the RPF, or using another photo. Please reply to this posting if your wanting a custom badge, by simply saying "i'm interested in getting a custom badge". Badges will be made for a donation of $2.00 to cover the fee for holders and such....Thank you in advance.
@AintThisFine @detenten @enalnvictus @HelenaInvictus @Ichiruka @inquisitorpergrinus @jackwabbit @KheTara @Parkersandquinn @RSteve @staticweb23 @tiga @Vader1 @Willone242

Reminder we are having an RPF member meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let me know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

AintThisFine - No Avatar
aracknoid3 - Avatar - Badge Paid
detenten - Avatar
enaInvictus - Avatar
HelenaInvictus - Avatar
Ichiruka - No Avatar
Inquisitor Pergrinus - Avatar
Jackwabbit - Avatar
KheTara -
MatrixSpoon - Avatar - Badge Paid
max headroom - Avatar -
Badge Requested

Parkersandquinn - Avatar
RSteve -
No Avatar
staticweb23 - Avatar
tiga - Avatar
UMOphoto - Avatar -
Badge Paid
Vader1 - Avatar

Willone242 - Avatar - Badge Requested

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll attend, and I'd like a badge. I'll turf you a few bucks no problem. Let me know where to send it and I'll get you a pic. I think I'll do something different this year, since Hit Girl is on my RPF badge from two years ago. :)

I'm interested in getting a custom badge.

I'm trying to get a version of the costume done for Worldcon (I have about a week). If I wear it there, I should be able to update my avatar here. How much before DragonCon should I change my avatar in order to have it on the custom badge?

The suit is shaping up, but it hasn't been exactly easy. At around 3AM last night I knew I should be going to bed and try another day as I was trying to adjust some dimensions and it was causing Fusion 360 to crash (tip: turn off modeled threads, if you are experimenting with design changes that might result in "unintended geometry"). At 5AM, I was still fighting, but I knew there was hope, so I went to bed. It took me a few more hours earlier today to make the changes I wanted. I did some sewing (straps) and will probably do a bit more sewing tonight.

Im i trested in atending and pay 2 bucks for a band :)

Skickat från min MI 5 via Tapatalk

I have updated the first page for your request. I will contact you for more information such as what badge design and photo you would like for your badge in about 2 weeks. Thanks.

I'll attend, and I'd like a badge. I'll turf you a few bucks no problem. Let me know where to send it and I'll get you a pic. I think I'll do something different this year, since Hit Girl is on my RPF badge from two years ago. :)

I have updated the first page for your request. I will contact you for more information such as what badge design and photo you would like for your badge in about 2 weeks. Thanks.

I'm interested in getting a custom badge.

I'm trying to get a version of the costume done for Worldcon (I have about a week). If I wear it there, I should be able to update my avatar here. How much before DragonCon should I change my avatar in order to have it on the custom badge?

The suit is shaping up, but it hasn't been exactly easy. At around 3AM last night I knew I should be going to bed and try another day as I was trying to adjust some dimensions and it was causing Fusion 360 to crash (tip: turn off modeled threads, if you are experimenting with design changes that might result in "unintended geometry"). At 5AM, I was still fighting, but I knew there was hope, so I went to bed. It took me a few more hours earlier today to make the changes I wanted. I did some sewing (straps) and will probably do a bit more sewing tonight.

Oh yeah always stay till the very end and this was sooooo worth it![emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hay something I was thinking about with the gun, you could always do a coat or 2 or 3 of fiberglass resign on the gun and then sand it a little to get more of a ridged look to it. It's what I did with my sons Kylo Ren helmet, we made it out of foam and then resigned the outside and sanded it down.

View attachment 748754View attachment 748755
View attachment 748756View attachment 748757
View attachment 748761View attachment 748762View attachment 748763View attachment 748764
View attachment 748766View attachment 748765View attachment 748767
View attachment 748769View attachment 748768View attachment 748770
View attachment 748772View attachment 748771View attachment 748773
View attachment 748782View attachment 748783View attachment 748784

Last edited:
I like the idea. There so much fine detail in that prop I'm afraid I'll loose it if I coat it. It's ready for sealer and paint now. Ill spray it tonight and see how it turns out. It's pretty easy to make another if this one doesn't turn out. Here's a shot before seam dealer and final sanding.
0aa347b0980d7019e4cf8749a0a623e7.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea. There so much fine detail in that prop I'm afraid I'll loose it if I coat it. It's ready for sealer and paint now. Ill spray it tonight and see how it turns out. It's pretty easy to make another if this one doesn't turn out. Here's a shot before seam dealer and final sanding.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170803/0aa347b0980d7019e4cf8749a0a623e7.jpg

Dude that looks soooo good so far. Are you going to plastidip it then paint it?....If you don't know about plastidip you may want to look into it, you can find videos on youtube doing foam props...

Sure, I'll take the badge - where's the $2 going?

The $2.00 donation for the badge is going to pay for the badge holder and the printing. The past 3 years I have paid 40-50$ of my own money and helpful nerd's in the past for this event. This event is NOT sponsored or paid for by the RPF, this is a fan based thing. I wanted to bring people of the RPF together to meet and greet and meet to friends. I bringing people together and meeting new people and making new friends, but after 3 years of making badges and paying for badge holders it's starting to get pricey, so I'm simply asking for members to pay a donation fee. I am not making any profit from this. This is simply paying for the printing and the badge holders, were I come out even. I hope you understand.

I'm attending the meeting - I'd like a badge. I'll forward $2 next week.

I have added your name to the attendees list on the first page, please check back for more info closer to the date. As for the badge, I will contact you shortly in the next 2 weeks to find out which design and what photo you would like to be on your badge. Thank you, we can't wait to see you.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back