D23 Rey lightsaber....

It's just sad how backwards the mass market Fx sabers have gotten. They keep taking shortcuts that affect design accuracy and in turn, prices just keep going up. The only positive note here is that return of the removable blade.

I really don't get the appeal. Not when the 2.0 and replicas exist.

It's just a personal investment for me. The pervious removable blade sabers hit 1400-1500 bucks online at times.

This is just another collectible I would never open, and stick in the closet as a investment

I get that.

I also know some people collect official stuff because it's official. I guess I'm just surprised to see super prop nerds considering it!

For a buck fifty, it's a neat cosplay accessory, but holy crap, those shoulders under the button and glass eye are fooglay!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

It's those... those... a... metal nipples? Whatever those things are joining the button and the glass eye to the body. Those things are the real detractors for me. I can forgive just about everything else for a $150 and removable blade.

It's not a bad replica for prop collectors who don't want to spend a lot of money for putting together an FX lightsaber. My big complaint is that I know that they could do it better. Even if they have to charge a bit more. It just seems a shame to try and appeal to the adult collector and just going half-ass.

I'm glad they accept Annual Passholder Discounts!! With my 20% off, I got the lightsaber for a total of $128 including tax !

I get that.

I also know some people collect official stuff because it's official. I guess I'm just surprised to see super prop nerds considering it!

I personally don't care about "official" or licensing.
I do know, my niece will love to use it with her Rey cosplay and my eight years old nephew will love to display it with his other lightsabers(even if it represents the light side).
Yes, I bought two, cause that's what I see in it.
Im not an adult collector.
Im an adult buyer(maker), that shares everything I can with the youth in my life, that in return shares their child happiness with me.

As for "super prop nerds", I would have reserved that one for the cats dropping 500+ on a camera flash, or counting knurls on a thumb screw.
But hey, if that's what makes them happy, I won't bash, but encourage their pursuit.

On a side note, talked today with a gentleman that claims to have a connection with the development of this line.
He shared that there's a couple sabers in the future planned that are of "new design" not offered before.
Thats all I got out of him.
Seeing how well Rebels is doing, I'm hoping that meant possibly an Ezra and Ahsoka sabers might be in the future.
Robert

That doesn't offend me anything like that. My Roman's is better, a real Graflex would be even better, but it looks like a good mass market product.

What’s interesting about this are the details. The glass eye is back to normal, and the clamp is offset and not at a 90 degree angle. I can’t see the hardware, but that may be different too. This would keep with the tradition of having the prop’s details change for every film.

IMG_6885.JPG

Actually, because the clamp is still inline with the grips, it looks like the top section is what’s been rotated. Glad I never filed down my glass eye :)

image.jpg

great that they're returning to the removable blade. I wonder if they will release any others with this line.

I don't think this toy is indicative of the details on the actual prop. I would bet they're using the exact same props from TFA. We've already seen they're using the TFA HFC for Han's blaster in the solo movie. Given the short turnaround from TFA filming to TLJ filming, it makes sense to use the same lightsabers. The clamp cover from TFA is pretty obvious in the BTS shot of Mark Hamill holding the Graflex (not to mention the 90º position of the clamp).

great that they're returning to the removable blade. I wonder if they will release any others with this line.
Ever since removeable blades came out, I won't buy any other kind of licensed lightsaber (unless it's just the hilt, of course). Removeable blades are THE lightsaber collectible to have. I have the Anakin one, and wish I had grabbed the Luke ANH one when that came out. I'm not going to miss out on the TFA/TLJ Skywalker saber. Plus, this one comes with more accessories than any of the others have, so it's definitely worth the price, more so than removeable blades have in the past.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back