Vintage textured mylar tape

towelkeeper

Hey guys!
Look what I've found... A roll of vintage textured mylar from the 1960's!
I believe it's a bit wider (1 1/2") than the tape that was used on the ranch saber, but the texture looks like a perfect match. I don't know if this is the exact same brand that was used by the prop department (This roll was made by Con-Tact), but it certainly is old and looks nice. I have not received it yet, but I will post additional pictures once I cut it to size and apply it to my vintage Graflex clamp. I hope it still sticks.

I don't know how common that stuff is, especially because there are several modern alternatives that look spot on... But I'm excited by the fact that this roll is truly vintage. :D

s-l1600-11.jpgvintage tape.jpg

Amazeballs! Are we calling this the exact match to what the prop department used? For everything that's been identified so far there's still a ton of stuff that has yet to be found.

It looks nearly identical to the lure tape I found, both of which look pretty dead on to the Ranch Saber. The same tape may have been repackaged in different ways over the years. I feel pretty confidant that this is the stuff regardless of what sort of packaging it came in.

SethS Agreed. It looks identical to the lure tape you found.

That said, that tape in this packaging absolutely has to be what the prop department used. What's more likely, that somebody had lure tape on hand (of all things) or that they had a roll of this stuff from a hardware store sitting around?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back