"Johnny 5" toy robot "number 5"

Jok3r0314

Sr Member
Just a build thread showing my process from initial idea to physical realization. For the first post, an image of my "blue print" sketch 20180514_110758.jpg

Number Five alive, living, continue, survive! I love this little guy infact he's a major influence on my Character Plokman a robot struck by lightning and gaining true life. The two movies were awesome I look forward to seeing how you build him. Maybe I'll be able to use yours as a guide to make my own.

Johnny Five how do you feel?

Johnny: I feel alive!

Of speaking of Johnny I have some photos of a 1:1 scale replica that really shows the details off if you'd like to I can send them or post them the site they were on is kind of kaput but I saved em long before that.

Number Five alive, living, continue, survive! I love this little guy infact he's a major influence on my Character Plokman a robot struck by lightning and gaining true life. The two movies were awesome I look forward to seeing how you build him. Maybe I'll be able to use yours as a guide to make my own.

Johnny Five how do you feel?

Johnny: I feel alive!

Of speaking of Johnny I have some photos of a 1:1 scale replica that really shows the details off if you'd like to I can send them or post them the site they were on is kind of kaput but I saved em long before that.

Thanks I appreciate it. Ive already completed the model based on the toy version rather than the full size robot. Ill be showing everything as i go. In the meantime here is a render of the head & upper body :)
received_2079532799037807.jpeg

I always wondered what the heck he was saying with that line. What are nernies?

Cool model. Great movie!

Hahahaa I still have no idea. :D To me so I can recall Johnny in my IP work for Plokman Misadventures I have made them into chocolate snacks like you might see in a movie theater lobby. It seems appropriate with his referential mindset and all. :lol

So now the eternal question in a snack line isn't "Goobers or Raisinnets" it's "Goobers or Nernies" after pondering this and getting slammed with a purse by the lady behind me so I fly painfully to my seat I must say "I guess I'll never know the Eternal answer."

I hope that reference was gotten I have many and not all are from the 80s, 90s or 00s and some are just plain obscure. I hope in that I am among friends. By the SRS crew the greatest bunch of goof balls a man could hope to call friends I am known as Plokman "the Referenceman". I take pride in the title even if my friends gave it in a jest. I'm a nerd and Trivia junky to the end.

You know I would even say I'm like a younger Scott McNeil anyone who says "You people are insane... I found my Tribe!" about the Transformers fandom is just the right kind of Nuts we need more of in the world. Holy Crap I just realized Scott was born about the same time my day was give or take a month or two. My poppa is the same age as Rattrap and Waspinator! Epic times a billion!

Last edited:

Ok this is amazing and funnily enough something I plan to do with a 3D printed model of Glitch from Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Hmm my friend would you mind if I run something by you in a PM? It's a idea involving Johnny 5 and some of my projects.

Re: "Johnny 5" toy robot "number 5"

Ok this is amazing and funnily enough something I plan to do with a 3D printed model of Glitch from Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Hmm my friend would you mind if I run something by you in a PM? It's a idea involving Johnny 5 and some of my projects.

Sure thing :)

- - - Updated - - -

That looks fantastic! Is there any way to rig it for lighting (the eyes namely) and maybe finagle a laser pointer into the shoulder gun?

Thanks, and yes im planni g the eye lights, lip lights and functioning treads

Re: "Johnny 5" toy robot "number 5"

Sure thing :)
Awesome my friend I'll write you first thing tomorrow. I've felt like I have a cold coming on. I know it's not the sawdust now since my dad got me masks but I feel like Jonny must of after the Radio Shack.

Ko Derf.

It's Fred.

That's what I said Derf.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back