ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Obviously anything Anovos makes needs to pretty much be mass produced which is often a problem with soft goods since they will not come tailored to the customer.

A problem with the Vader products may be that they didn't have good reference from Lucasfilm. I also think they tried to make it so more averaged sized people could wear it.

I wish they would redo the Vader helmet to correct the design issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The years it takes for them to deliver a product id say is plenty of time for them to get it right

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I pre-ordered a Jyn Erso scarf & gloves set from them last March. After the first delay I cancelled my order. I just checked their website and it's still up for pre-order with expected delivery of "Winter 2017". Hahaha. That's 3 delays and obviously they didn't make the 2017 delivery estimate either. On to the 4th delay! Jeez.

I pre-ordered a Jyn Erso scarf & gloves set from them last March. After the first delay I cancelled my order. I just checked their website and it's still up for pre-order with expected delivery of "Winter 2017". Hahaha. That's 3 delays and obviously they didn't make the 2017 delivery estimate either. On to the 4th delay! Jeez.

Winter of 2017 is actually December 2017 to March 2018. For some odd reason the winter is marked as last year. They still have time to deliver.

First Order kits have moved to "Not Available" so hopefully this means movement on (eventually) fulfillment.

Now if only the vests and pauldrons were available...

Email this morning :

We have finalized our shipping dates for the STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: First Order Stormtrooper Standard Kit. These kits will begin shipping Spring 2018 (starting as early as March 20th) and continue shipping through Summer 2018 (ending September 21st). We ship orders in the order in which they were placed and will notify you by email to pay for your shipping charges when your order is next on deck.

Beyond this finalized delivery date, I am personally excited to inform you that in the final stages of production the executive decision was made to go the extra mile and pre-trim the armor pieces of these kits. This improvement did not delay the product further, and was made to expedite build time and to increase the overall accuracy of your build.

I have nothing against that, I always find this process a pita anyway! Hopefully, they keep it at max size for the taller guys ordering the kit!

Email this morning :

We have finalized our shipping dates for the STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: First Order Stormtrooper Standard Kit. These kits will begin shipping Spring 2018 (starting as early as March 20th) and continue shipping through Summer 2018 (ending September 21st). We ship orders in the order in which they were placed and will notify you by email to pay for your shipping charges when your order is next on deck.

Beyond this finalized delivery date, I am personally excited to inform you that in the final stages of production the executive decision was made to go the extra mile and pre-trim the armor pieces of these kits. This improvement did not delay the product further, and was made to expedite build time and to increase the overall accuracy of your build.

I have nothing against that, I always find this process a pita anyway! Hopefully, they keep it at max size for the taller guys ordering the kit!

It's an awfully vague statement. Trimming armor is one of those things that should be based on the wearer. This sounds like something that will ultimately backfire...

Doesn't that just mean they cut the flashing off? That is what I'd assumed.

Either way, excited to finally be getting my kit.

I assume as much too. I'm sure they know about this and wouldn't take the change and go the extra mile if it was to backfire later. That being said, I'm sure lots of people will get pissed at the news anyway .. there's always a reason to be pissed but I'm staying optimist on that one.

Got my snowtrooper ensemble. I'll try taking some pics tomorrow.

Was about to come on here and complain that it was missing a ton of pieces, but just discovered they packed the forearm pieces, gloves, pouches, knee pads, and thermal detonator all behind a well hidden door in the backpack.:D

First thoughts, quite happy with the armor, although I still haven't looked at everything carefully. It's well built and looks easy to assemble. I can't comment on accuracy since I am not familiar enough with it. The helmet is disappointing however. Very poorly put together. I can't believe they used tape on the inside. I don't mind the hard plastic for the cowl since this will be for display only, but the assembly is weak.

Got my snowtrooper ensemble. I'll try taking some pics tomorrow.

Was about to come on here and complain that it was missing a ton of pieces, but just discovered they packed the forearm pieces, gloves, pouches, knee pads, and thermal detonator all behind a well hidden door in the backpack.:D

First thoughts, quite happy with the armor, although I still haven't looked at everything carefully. It's well built and looks easy to assemble. I can't comment on accuracy since I am not familiar enough with it. The helmet is disappointing however. Very poorly put together. I can't believe they used tape on the inside. I don't mind the hard plastic for the cowl since this will be for display only, but the assembly is weak.

200.gif

As promised, here are some pics (with a couple other Anovos armor pieces thrown in too). These pieces will probably be waiting for a few years till I'm able to put together a good display room.

This is my fourth full ensemble from Anovos, and as someone who doesn't have time to research and put together my own stuff, I'm quite happy especially considering the discounted prices I got them for through taking advantage of the price tiering and special sale days. The exception for this one however is the helmet. It's terribly put together, and if I can come across a good fan build in the future, I'll probably sell off this one. The rest of the outfit is solid however. I can't speak to accuracy as the snowtrooper is definitely not my area of expertise, but as far as a quality build goes, I think it's excellent.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2270.JPG IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2295.JPG IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2337.JPGIMG_2342.JPG

I'll see if a friend can help snap some pics. Unfortunately all our snow has melted around where I am.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look for boots?

Hero's supply outdoors. They sell used and new boots. Need to get them 1 to 2 sizes smaller than your regular shoe size.

Going to get a better look at this but I'm surprised they actually wnt with the screen accurate method for holding the backpack. The issues I see are with the chest piece. Need a straight on picture of the recessed box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back