The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Pawn....I've scoured this entire thread and NOBODY seems to be asking the all important question:

What specific event/events tie together the PT with the OT and now these ST movies??

Disney/RJ were talking extensively about how certain things in TLJ would bridge the entire saga and actually make the PT relevant to these new films.

Can you please shed some light on that, if there is any?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be one of the new users who only joined because of this post,,, I was actively searching for spoilers and this thread appears to be the best one.

I love spoilers, I'd prefer to know a general outline of what I'm watching (half of the movies I enjoy are adaptations of books/games I enjoy, so I know the basic details going in). For movies like the new Disney Star Wars it helped me be prepared... The Force Awakens and Rogue One weren't nearly as bad when I had prepared for them to be terrible beforehand. Not like Jurassic World, I went in that as a huge fan of Crichton's novels and the original film and came out utterly disappointed in the travesty they chose to call a film. Or the Lord of the Rings films, I lost count of the number of times I read the books, so I figured I knew what I was going to see, and I nearly walked out of Return of the King it was so awful. At least if I find spoilers telling me what's wrong with The Last Jedi I'll be prepared for the worst.

And sometimes spoilers just enhance the film experience. I fondly remember devouring the Revenge of the Sith novel in like a day (it was released over a month before the film) and played through the entire Episode III game on PS2 (which came out about 2 weeks before the film) before going to see the midnight screening on release day. That helped me enjoy the story a lot more, it is actually one of my favourites in the series. Even The Phantom Menace was more enjoyable when I knew what I was expecting having read that novelization prior to the film's release (it really helped knowing Jar-Jar was coming, and he actually wasn't quite as annoying in the book). The books (and the EpIII game) also had the benefit of containing extra material that didn't make the theatrical cut (but sometimes ended up as deleted scenes on the DVD). The political subplots coming together to build the Rebellion added some interesting backstory that made the Sith film less confusing.

Disney, in their infinite wisdom, is so concerned with spoilers getting out that they do not release the novels until months after the film (The Last Jedi is slated for a March 6 release, whereas The Force Awakens did receive a special ebook only release the day the film came out, although I didn't get it until months later when the actual book came out). I don't know if I would have enjoyed The Force Awakens more if I had read the book first (although the film spoiled the book, one of the few books I never finished reading, it was just not good), but at least I was able to stumble upon spoilers the day before seeing it, so I knew what to expect and wasn't nearly as pissed off at the poor storytelling.

TL;DR Thank you so much for this post, I find the film so much more enjoyable when I can read and mentally prepare beforehand.

Per inquiry:

didn’t notice any new lightsabers

Kylo has a new "old" lightsaber when Luke attacks him in the flashback scenes. Padawan saber, or perhaps his Jedi saber (if he had knight status when Luke confronts him). Blue blade. Goes by quickly - didn't get a great look at the hilt, which is on Ben's night stand when he notices Luke standing over him, his ROTJ saber ignited.

Last edited:
Is Luke thinking about killing Kylo in the flashback?

We see the flashback three times, each time what we see is slightly different. Goes to illustrate Ben Kenobi's point about truth being from a certain point of view.

How old was Kylo back then, and what did he do at this point to make Luke thinking about killing him? From all the spoilers i've read this part is the most disturbing for me cause it's really OOC, Luke would never even think about killing a child, and i don't think i'll be able to accept it

He appears to be a late teen or early 20's. Not much younger than current age.

Also, i understand why Luke doesnt want to train Rey or train any new students after everything that happened, but if he feels responsible why doesnt he fight? If he thinks he's to blame for Kylo then he should've dealt with him or Snoke, but he's hiding. I get it if she doesnt want to see anyone, is ashamed or something, but he didn't have to work with Resistance, he's powerful, he could've at least try to deal with Snoke during all these years. Does Rey question him about it?

She questions him repeatedly and aggressively. He doesn't give a straight answer about anything until she confronts him about essentially creating Kylo Ren in how he handled Ben Solo's embrace with the dark side.

I believe everyone gets their share of screen time. Poe gets in trouble and demoted, I think, at one point but comes through in the end. Finn defeats Phasma. Her helmet gets cracked in the fight. During the battle she falls to her death. He does not directly kill her. But she dies.

To be precise, we see her fall through a ball of fire in the midst of a large ship that is breaking up after being sliced in half by a Rebel cruiser jumping to lightspeed on a ramming course.
We do not see her die. We see her defeated, injured, helmet cracked open, we see her human eye looking through, then she falls. No body = no death, unless they say it specifically like with Admiral Ackbar. We don't see his body, but they pronounce him dead. So Phasma could show up again, despite having fallen through a fireball wearing cracked armor.

@ the Pawn don't worry what those who upset it you made it clear spoilers, my question do Luke and Finn have any scenes together?

Also who is this boy with the broom holding like a saber?

They have no scenes together.

The boy with the broom is from the planet Finn & Rose visit. The broom scene is very moving and... I won't say anything beyond that.

It would be a grand character builder if Phasma keeps coming back prooving she is very hard to kill and would somewhat redeem her as a misused character.

Based off of The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary, the creature that creates the milk, the Thala-siren, creates green milk, not blue. So I'm pretty sure the OP got that detail wrong.
I always considered tatootine Milk to be more or a Aqua or Turquoise color over it being a true Blue. I am certain Tatooine Milk is likely from Banta's and maybe Achto Its whatever alien that is. I think most people assumed Blue Milk came from some powder or something. I think its a neat concept of Alien Milk Green or Blue.

I went to a The Last Jedi advance screening last night and the only thing that wasn't accurate in The Pawn's original recall list was Yoda convincing Luke to train Rey.

It was Yoda who struck lightning to the Jedi Tree to burn it down when Luke couldn't.
It was a sweet moment in my honest opinion, and I want to paint it.

The plot is really not deep, it was the action sequences, cinematography and the editing that brought the film .
Can't rank it yet, but it's somewhere up in the ranks if I diseragard the plot.

I'm guessing that people will like the message if they had seen it.

PS. I haven't back read this thread since I last posted a reply.

I always considered tatootine Milk to be more or a Aqua or Turquoise color over it being a true Blue. I am certain Tatooine Milk is likely from Banta's and maybe Achto Its whatever alien that is. I think most people assumed Blue Milk came from some powder or something. I think its a neat concept of Alien Milk Green or Blue.

So there is only one Yoda scene and no force ghost talk too Luke about Training Rey

From dialogue transcript:

Master Yoda.

Young Skywalker.

I'm ending all of this.

The tree, the text, the Jedi.

I'm gonna burn it down.

Hmm.

(LAUGHING)

Ah, Skywalker.

Missed you, have I.

(GRUNTS)

So it is time

for the Jedi Order to end.

Time it is.

Hmm.

For you to look past
a pile of old books, hmm?

The sacred Jedi texts.

Oh. Read them, have you?

-Well, I...
-Page-turners

they were not.

Yes, yes, yes.

Wisdom they held,

but that library contained
nothing that the girl Rey

does not already possess.

Skywalker,

still looking to the horizon.

Never here, now, hmm?

The need
in front of your nose.

Hmm?

I was weak.

Unwise.

Lost Ben Solo, you did.

Lose Rey, we must not.

I can't be
what she needs me to be.

Heeded my words not, did you?

Pass on what you have learned.

Strength, mastery.

But weakness,

folly, failure also.

Yes, failure most of all.

The greatest teacher,
failure is.

(YODA GRUNTING)

Luke,

we are what they grow beyond.

That is the true burden
of all masters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont get the Puppet yoda cause really Revenge of the Sith Had Yoda looking like the Puppet.
Well they made a pretty big deal about practical effects over CGI. And they wanted to stay true to the OT and they had a puppet that looked a bit like a revamped ROTJ Yoda.

IMHO the kid with the broom scene was really unnecessary. This seemed to have more endings than Return of the King. I liked it a hell of a lot more than TFA, but if one could sum it up it's pretty much an out of order ESB remake ( the elements are there) it's not a rehash like TFA was. Mixed in with terrible dialogue: Luke referring to a lightsaber as a laser sword made my skin crawl. And with a healthy dose of plot twists.

I think what will tie these movie ultimately together will have to be 9 and Maybe Anakins return because it started with Anakin and its fitting he have a big return and it should be the Former Chosen One to help bring balance with a new force Power cause Anakin had talent since he was a boy.

From my perspective the biggest shocker was getting rid of Snoke. I mean we've seen a glimpse of his power and then.. bam! Gone. Loved his last line tho. He was talking about killing off the right enemy lol. Let the past die I guess. That seems to be the thing for the SW sequel trilogy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back