Snow Wolf M41A Pulse Rifle: color "Desert" or "OD"

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a nearby store that sells the Snow Wolf M41A Pulse Rifles. They offer them in two colors: "Desert" and "OD". I was not aware that these pulse rifles existed in two colors. Now is my question: what do I have to pick? I think Desert stands for the color "Desert Tan" and "OD" stands for "Olive Drap Green". I assume that the OD version is the most accurate, right? Somebody has some suggestions here?

OD is the right one.Here is mine:

29818685lo.jpg

The props originally used on set were actually painted in Humbrol 170 "Brown Bess", not green as is often erroneously stated (although due to on-set lighting, the weapons often appear to be olive green on-screen). unfortunately Brown Bess is long out of production. but given the choice go with the od.

Thanks for the heads-up guys, OD it is then...

Kroenen77: what are your impressions of the pulse rifle? Are you happy with your purchase? I checked the shop where I will get my rifle, but the mags are sold out there :-(.

As Breen2057 said the original colour for the pulse rifle and most other props was brown bess. As for the snow wolf its a great gun, not 100% screen accurate but alot of that can be fixed fairly easily. If using for airsort it can be a bit clumsy but gets some attention!
Heres my snow wolf pulse rifle that ive modified quite alot. It has a gas airsoft shotgun in the grenade launcher cage. The battery has been upgraded and squeezed behind the shroud. The barrel vent has been swaped to an sd studios vent and noble mag base kits.
20170302_230701.jpg
20170302_231720.jpg
20170302_230856.jpg
FB_IMG_1497089086709.jpg
Ive now stripped it down again to round off the rear of the shroud, fit an sd studios stock and repaint a more accurate bess brown
20170625_130802.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up guys, OD it is then...

Kroenen77: what are your impressions of the pulse rifle? Are you happy with your purchase? I checked the shop where I will get my rifle, but the mags are sold out there :-(.

Thanks for checking this.I´m very happy with mine.Its a great quality airsoft.
@stimpo:That with the back I will also do.Do you have more pics and tips what you did?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone order this mag for me?

http://up.picr.de/29820228ud.jpg

Hi, in case you were unaware these mags are too long for the pulse rifle. They will fit but you wont be able to put the bottom cap on. I bought a box of 5 kings arms mags and have successfully cut them down to fit. I'm casting up some bottom caps and permanently attaching them to the bottom of each mag. I'm also extending the guide rails for the mags as inserting new ones can be a bit of a faff..... that all being said....its a great gun and I love it.

Ditto what Doppleganger said....you deed the '20' round mags. Out of the box the OD looks better. I personally painted some of mine BB with misting OD over it. The best of both worlds.

Hi, in case you were unaware these mags are too long for the pulse rifle. They will fit but you wont be able to put the bottom cap on. I bought a box of 5 kings arms mags and have successfully cut them down to fit. I'm casting up some bottom caps and permanently attaching them to the bottom of each mag. I'm also extending the guide rails for the mags as inserting new ones can be a bit of a faff..... that all being said....its a great gun and I love it.

Ah really?But I don´t use the standard cap.I have this permanent cap for the mags from ebay.But I think the mags are also too long with that,right?

Thanks a lot for this information.But is it possible to use them cutted down or another low cap mag with the pulse rifle?

There are kings arms 110 round magazines that can be cut down to the correct size that hold around 93 rounds. These magazines are quite hard to get hold of here in the u.k though

Sorry guys, Yes.... i'll get another box of mags asap and make up some shortly ones to fit the pulse rifle and see who wants them. You 2 will be at the top of the list....:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back