Stitches - Clown egg holder - Anyone ID this decorative glass tube prop?

Howlrunner

Sr Member
Just watched "Stitches" and thought this would be a cool little oddball prop to add to the collection.

Stitches1.jpg

Stitches3.jpg

Stitches2.jpg

This movie was made on a small budget, and there are loads of these things in the movie:

391003_2568266419986_1653962346_2351654_701768884_n.jpg

So I'm thinking that they're probably a found item rather than a custom sculpt and cast.

They also remind me of candle holders I think I might have seen in TK Maxx or something. Anyone got any ideas as to what these are? Can't even really think what to search for...

I own something pretty similar. It's got the metal lid, glass cylinder, and metal bottom. Doesn't have the ^ shaped thing though in the bottom.

No idea what you call it. I bought it a few years ago from hobby lobby.

I've seem similar things at import furniture stores as well.

Chris

It looks like they took off the bottom and put another top there. The source piece wouldn't sit right without there being a hole to rest in otherwise.

Yeah, it's a weird piece - I'm sure I've seen similar things in the past, but looked today in a store and couldn't see anything even remotely similar. Just wish I knew what the heck it actually is so I can narrow down the search online.

Could be part of a glass dome clock, or an oil lamp maybe?

Deep detail for vacform, so resin cast copies sandwiched together for the 'cap'?

I loved this movie. This will be a cool prop.

I was going to say that the container looked like something you'd find at Hobby Lobby, too, haha.

10:1 it's all lamp and lighting parts with a clear tube, probably acrylic. I would say most of it is something like a chandelier or light fixture canopy with lamp finials for the top, in either a pinecone or artichoke design.

If I had to guess, someone went to a lighting warehouse and loaded the cart with a bunch of stuff that all fit together correctly.

-Rog

Howlrunner Whoops, this thread is definitely 3 years old, haha. Still a prop to get excited about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Did you take one, mold it, and cast copies? If so, I don't suppose you have the mold lying around...

Yet that's it, made one and then had the cast 240 of them. It's the sane top and bottom. As you can probably understand I would be a bit apprehensive about handing over the mold. I still have some of them, where abouts are you based?

Hi Carra, I sent you a PM. I wasn't looking to get the mold. I just want to build one, so a casting would be awesome.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back