TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

I'm just curious if the grips are different sizes between the heroes, or if they are the same, and the gap between them and the clamp is because the bottom half isn't pushed all the way up.

I don't think they're the same; based on the square clamp holes, you can see that in all cases the bottom is pushed in all the way. And if the grips would have the same length and moved the end of the bottom piece, the gap at the clamp side would be a lot bigger. So I think the length is different between all hero versions.

Yeah I really wonder how much these grip distance to the clamp can be explained by the tube shifting.

If the tubes are in the furthest position, you can tell from the holes in the clamp. That's nowhere to be seen.

So basically they had me sitting there with an exacto blade. Cause I've never been able to cut any two things the same length!

Thank you Roy! I think the version I like best and now plan to replicate is Hero #2 Finn castle battle and Rey - Luke handover. I prefer the grips going to the end of the tube both aesthetically and for consistency across Episodes. I will, however, not reproduce the altered glass eye.

How is the clamp wrap coming along?

Any more shots of the clamp cover? The Finn saber looks to be thin lines facing away from the clamp lever which is the opposite of what we've seen so far from the Wired photoshoot and Launch Bay sabers.

This is the clearest frame of the clamp card...
Fullscreen capture 3252016 84000 PM.bmp.jpg

Bunch of screencaps - realizing Roy already posted most of these. I believe that in the lit blade pics Rey's is all post vs. Finn using an FX stunt, judging by the light under the bunny ear clamp.
Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.32.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.24.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.27.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.29.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.30.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.31.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.31.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.32.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.21.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.27.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.27.28 PM.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
After all the trouble they went through to make a sleeve to cover the Graflex clamp logo, I'm really interested to see what they did with the bottom stamping....machined it flat, created a cover plate or just left it.

After all the trouble they went through to make a sleeve to cover the Graflex clamp logo, I'm really interested to see what they did with the bottom stamping....machined it flat, created a cover plate or just left it.

i was just studying that!! i swear I'm seeing a smooth surface in the back pack scene

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back