Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

you did an oustanding finishing job. Congrats. and yes the end cap is v2 compatible.

i also made these little things
625x465_3799390_11979814_1441653051.jpg

the red wire holders

http://shpws.me/JZLU

they are very small and similar to the hasbro fx saber ones.

Thank you! I just printed up the new end cap. Polished the large flat surface with progressively finer grits of sandpaper and left the as-printed texture in the recessed area. I also noticed you uploaded a belt clip base so I added that too (need to paint it still). I had to change the size a little on the belt clip base to fit the belt clip that was already re-scaled to an odd size.

BTW - I noticed that the default size for the belt clip base is a little short - the groove that goes over the raised detail in the pommel is not long enough.

Great work again with the files!

I don't know if you need the following pics of the Kylo Ren Force FX lightsaber battery holder or not but I thought I'd take them for you anyways. Side 1 of the battery holder is the same as the side of the lightsaber that has the belt clip/battle damage. If looking at the bottom of the battery holder, I rotated it counter-clockwise (or rotated it left if you prefer) for the pics of each of the seven remaining sides. I hope this helps.

KRFFXLBH-01.jpg

KRFFXLBH-02.jpg

@ E Williams,

Yes the belt clip support is a different size than the belt clip, it was for a different version than Luke's (Sni9er). And its for the V3 and V4 body that have a slightly longer pomel. Ill make one compatible with Luke's clip.
Sni9er thanks Bro
ARKM oh man that is so awesome, thanks a lot this just makes it a lot easier to make... I should be posting the file this morning.

BTW I am making another version of the Emitter that has the coupler installed and that uses a different LED housing (smaller). This is to eliminate the need for a coupler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look forward to the update :) Magnificent work.
I'm guessing the v3 emitter/coupler system will work be a better fit than the v2 (I think you said you needed to file the z6 housing down?) for the z6 LED?

[EDIT]: Also interesting note, looks like the cutaway from the celebration hilt looks like sides 6,7,8 of the ffx battery holder, with 7 in the center.

Attachments

• kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 55
  • kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 53
  • kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 61
  • kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 52
  • kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
  • kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 57
  • kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 65
  • kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 55
  • kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    kylosaberv4_05.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 60
  • kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    kylosaberv4_06.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 51
Oh man those new parts look so amazing, why dont I have a 3D printer :cry This looks like the most accurate rendition of this thing anywhere so far, all toy versions included.

This is looking great so far, and I have to agree that this is by far the most accurate version I've seen out there!
After looking at your V2 model, I'm curious if you'll be adding the details to the newer emitter that I've circled below? I've seen those details on all the licensed versions of the saber so far, and the rivets/hex screws are always there, and the on/off switch is always the same/same design.

KR Saber details.jpg

You are amazing! Very nice touch on your "products". I wish I have this kind of skills. Can not wait to see what's the surprise. (for the hilt... I'm gonna challenge my friend CNC skills and try to make it in metal, I'm just waithing for the updates and in october we try to make it)

Attachments

• 51b9fa6a33362.preview-620.png
    51b9fa6a33362.preview-620.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 72
    420.1 KB · Views: 76
    420.1 KB · Views: 76
    420.1 KB · Views: 71
    420.1 KB · Views: 68
Thanks a lot for your kind words...

And well the little surprise is something that V1and V2 (no to mention V3) did not have, a way to install switches to activate etc.

Changes made to V4 are:

1. Added the threaded portion to eliminate the coupler. To achieve this I had to change the Led housing to a 1" one instead of the original TCCS piece. I also made inner channels for the wires.
2. Modified the cutout detail portion to match the inner core details from the hasbro fx saber batery holder.
3. Added the side screw to be printed, but can be changed to holes if you guys think that reals screws might look better.
4. Added holes for the red and blue outer wires so you dont have to drill them.
5. Last but not least I made a back door to add push buttons or a slide switch to activate. (ok that was the little surprize) There is a removable piece that gets secured by a screw and this way you can add the switches easily.

pics

Front view
v4emmiter01.jpg

Cross section, red arrow shows the pocket for an 8-32 nut to help secure the blade. Blue arrow is the hole used to screw the back door to the emmiter. Green arrows show the two holes to be used with small set screws to secure the LED housing.
v4emmiter02.jpg

Back view, green arrow shows the new pocket for the back door.
v4emmiter03.jpg

v4emmiter04.jpg

This shows the back door cover with the push buttons.
v4emmiter05.jpg

v4emmiter06.jpg

These views show the LED housing and the internal wire channels.
v4emmiter07.jpg

v4emmiter08.jpg

v4emmiter09.jpg

So i think it is ready for a print test... Thanks.

Oh dear god my body is ready... I mean..

Time to finish my v2 and sell it off so I can't get my hands on this beaut! Thanks for the amazing work, guabe. Can't wait :)

I noticed that the rings at the base of the side emitters on the hero prop appear to be straight up cylinders all the way around, they dont taper down on the bottom like the Celebration one, or your model. More like they are flush with the outside of the main body cylinder. I believe all toy versions we've seen are like this as well. They are also a bit further out from the main body and emitter. Just wanted to share. This shot is from a store display promotional shot.

Though i admit it is hard to tell from this photo, I might just be nuts.

attachment.jpgattachment-1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome I can see a few more details on the back door piece that i need to update... fortunately thats a separate piece now.

Here is the Force FX. Not sure what that main big nut/button thing is, but I dont see it fitting on your back door piece with the push buttons. The one on the top is a downscaled version of the larger one on the bottom. I'm sure someone can get better pics if you need them, a few people here have one.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 5.17.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-09 at 5.20.15 PM.png

Ill have to use design freedom otherwise that piece will not allow this design to work... however I can make the model of that nut and if you use a hex screw it can insert on top of the screw head? ;)

for now I just added those two horizontal bits.

625x465_3805449_12009101_1441837757.jpg

thanks again.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back