Death Troopers - Scarif Assault 1:12 scale

Hemble

Hi All,

Recipe

Troopers - are from Hasbro and I super glued the joints and then puttied them and once dry I repainted the body suit and weathered the armour.

Base - is balsa wood and then I used spakfilla to start the water and then I mixed spakfilla and fine river sand and the added some Vallejo Iraqui Sand and then added to the base for the beach section.

The water is Woodland Scenics Water Effects and so is the splashing water, I pour the Water Effects on the base and then spread it out and then once dry dry brushed gloss white to simulate froth.

Ron

Attachments

• ds1.JPG
    ds1.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 119
  • ds11.JPG
    ds11.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 97
  • ds10.JPG
    ds10.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 116
  • ds9.JPG
    ds9.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 99
  • ds8.JPG
    ds8.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 93
  • ds7.JPG
    ds7.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 113
  • ds5.JPG
    ds5.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 94
  • ds4.JPG
    ds4.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 117
  • ds3.JPG
    ds3.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 138
  • ds2.JPG
    ds2.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 100
Hi All,

Recipe

Troopers - are from Hasbro and I super glued the joints and then puttied them and once dry I repainted the body suit and weathered the armour.

Base - is balsa wood and then I used spakfilla to start the water and then I mixed spakfilla and fine river sand and the added some Vallejo Iraqui Sand and then added to the base for the beach section.

The water is Woodland Scenics Water Effects and so is the splashing water, I pour the Water Effects on the base and then spread it out and then once dry dry brushed gloss white to simulate froth.

Ron

This looks a amazing! Do you have any photos of the base before it's painted? I am experimenting with different things and I would love to see it in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks a amazing! Do you have any photos of the base before it's painted? I am experimenting with different things and I would love to see it in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks heaps mate and I'll a few pics at the end for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! The base looks absolutely fantastic. Really top notch.

Cheers r0ver glad you like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks fantastic, I may say! Following....

Cheers Spiel.

Hi All,

BobaTi - here are a few pics of the base set up and also the painted beach and water before the Woodland Scenics and Water Effects were added. Then the water effects were added to make the waves and splashes and then the waves were given a dry brush of white and the final process is the realistic water to give it the shine.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_9180.JPG
    IMG_9180.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9178.JPG
    IMG_9178.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9177.JPG
    IMG_9177.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9150.JPG
    IMG_9150.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9148.JPG
    IMG_9148.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9147.JPG
    IMG_9147.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 86
  • dt2.JPG
    dt2.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 78
  • dt1.JPG
    dt1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9181.JPG
    IMG_9181.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 69
I would like to say great job on this looks really amazing. I am very inspired in your nicely detailed description of how you put this all together you mention spakfilla is that something you buy at a hardware store. You mix that with sand?

Thanks,

I would like to say great job on this looks really amazing. I am very inspired in your nicely detailed description of how you put this all together you mention spakfilla is that something you buy at a hardware store. You mix that with sand?

Thanks,

Thanks angrytrooper and spakfilla we buy in containers ready to go here in Australia at hardware shops. All it is, is a plaster like material that you fill in holes and dents on walls I hope that helps as I know overseas don't call it spakfilla.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back