My "Fantastic Beasts" Display

Gimpdiggity

Master Member
So I really enjoyed "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." I liked the Harry Potter films, but something about "Fantastic Beasts" just seemed more my style. I can't really put my finger on what, exactly, but I just found it more enjoyable.

Anyway, I'm in the process of getting a display put together of things from the film.

To start is the obligatory Newt Scamander wand.

EDAFF3B2-B75F-4B61-8F59-F6EAB2B22D0D_zpswsqid6wx.jpg

I follow this up with a Bowtruckle that I will be receiving from Hotshot shortly. It will be basically the same as this, here:

95D3BA1A-442F-43AA-86BD-97EB50EFE364_zpswcmkf4e4.jpg

I think I'll be putting the Bowtruckle on a small branch that I'll get from a craft store, to make him feel more at home. :)

Along with the Bowtruckle, a Niffler shipped out to me today. It looks like this:

DB5B287D-BF2C-4301-ADC1-8CD8D0FCB81B_zpsn7iua0uk.jpg

If you've seen the film, you'll know that Nifflers are always after shiny things like coins and jewelry, so I'll be getting a bunch of toy gold coins and costume jewelry and placing that around his feet so it looks like a collection of his.

Where will those couns coins and jewelry go??

In Newt's case, of course...

9FF5C104-BEFD-4A4D-8C11-48B69B097A76_zpsblf2f0to.jpg

8AD658DF-83F3-4F99-B592-45FE4CD25B51_zpsabvv4sqd.jpg

This is a replica of the case that is size and design accurate. It was apparently a piece of promotional material sent out by the studio.

I will also be tring trying to add a few paper props to the overall display, but I'm not sure which ones as of yet.

Ill update the thread read as I make progress when items arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case finally shipped. The seller forgot to send it out, so it didn't end up hitting the mail until today. :(

To make up for it, though, they threw in a copy of some music from the film on a promotional LP!!! That's cool!!!

The other props haven't shipped yet, either, so it's not that big of a deal that the case hasn't gotten to me yet. I bought the "Case of Beasts" book which has some paper props in it, and I'll be getting the wand in the next week or so. I can't wait to get working on this display!!! I need to find a great spot for it in my house...not sure where it'll go yet.

The case arrived today. It's really nice. I THINK it's real leather, but if it's not then it's a really nice imitation leather. The latches are actually metal and they have keys, so I'm assuming they actually lock. The inside has a secret panel on the bottom that reveals a hidden compartment. Good stuff!

This project is coming along MUCH slower than I had anticipated.

I had hoped to have my Bowtruckle and my Niffler by now, but neither have arrived yet. The Bowtruckle SHOULD be getting here tomorrow or Monday, but the Niffler isn't supposed to be shipped until Wednesday. The Niffler was supposed to be shipped this past Wednesday, but I guess that was just a miscommunication. It's been almost 6 weeks since I paid for the Niffler, so if it doesn't ship this coming Wednesday I may notify Etsy that I haven't received it yet just to make sure I'm keeping my buyer protection options in line.

Once they arrive, I'll be making some display plaques for these two Beasts, and getting the fake jewels/gold for the case.

I'm thinking I may make a plaque for a Demiguise, as well...I think it would be kind of neat because the Demiguise can go invisible, so in the display it would just be invisible!!!

This project is coming along MUCH slower than I had anticipated.

I had hoped to have my Bowtruckle and my Niffler by now, but neither have arrived yet. The Bowtruckle SHOULD be getting here tomorrow or Monday, but the Niffler isn't supposed to be shipped until Wednesday. The Niffler was supposed to be shipped this past Wednesday, but I guess that was just a miscommunication. It's been almost 6 weeks since I paid for the Niffler, so if it doesn't ship this coming Wednesday I may notify Etsy that I haven't received it yet just to make sure I'm keeping my buyer protection options in line.

Once they arrive, I'll be making some display plaques for these two Beasts, and getting the fake jewels/gold for the case.

I'm thinking I may make a plaque for a Demiguise, as well...I think it would be kind of neat because the Demiguise can go invisible, so in the display it would just be invisible!!!

My (fiance's Christmas present) Bowtruckle came yesterday. It looks great, she loves it.

Yeah, it looks good and the wait wasn't THAT bad in the grand scheme of things. It was just annoying that I bought it as a Christmas present. Nowhere NEAR as long as the mandrake took.

The Niffler is SUPPOSEDLY boxed up and ready to be dropped off at USPS tomorrow. We'll see. If it's not I'll be contacting Etsy to let them know I have not yet received the item.

I've been holding off on the rest of the things for this display as they are all easily available because the Niffler is the main part of it. Without the Niffler the rest of the display won't work, so if I don't end up getting it for some reason or the other the entire idea will have to be reworked.

Apparently the Niffler has shipped...however, the tracking still doesn't show that USPS has received it...and it was dropped off on Wednesday. I know USPS tracking isn't the best, but on Priority Mail shipments it generally doesn't take three days to show up as being received.

What has had me a bit more irritated is there was a review of the Niffler on the seller's store page on January 8th. This buyer actually purchased his Niffler AFTER I purchased mine. So that one was bought later but received before mine was even sent.

I notified the the seller that if I don't see some movement on the tracking in the next few days I'll have to initiate the dispute process with Etsy and PayPal.

I'm still hopeful. But that almost sounds like the seller sold one to himself (herself?) and did their own review.

I have found another seller that is selling one that might be even nicer, and I know for a fact that this seller has sold to a member here on RPF and he had great things to say about her when I contacted him about a DIFFERENT thing that she makes a while back.

I may go ahead and pony up for that one, and if I end up with two of them I'll decide which one I want to keep then let the other one go to another home.

If the seller PAYS for a label, it gets put into the system and gets a tracking number. When they actually take the item the Post office / UPS store, then it gets scanned and entered into the system as accepted.

I know some scams where they create the label but never drop the package off to be delivered and then claim the post office / UPS is at fault.

If the seller PAYS for a label, it gets put into the system and gets a tracking number. When they actually take the item the Post office / UPS store, then it gets scanned and entered into the system as accepted.

I know some scams where they create the label but never drop the package off to be delivered and then claim the post office / UPS is at fault.

Yeah, that's what I'm a bit concerned about. I sent a message to the guy that reviewed the Niffler, and he said he ran into the same issues...he bought his several hours after I bought mine. I also contacted the seller again and he stated that the other one was sent first because the buyer said he needed it as a gift. I guess I can kind of understand that, especially considering we both bought on the same day.

Still, the package not getting scanned in is the most concerning issue. I'm actually hoping he just hasn't actually made it to the Post Office yet...but it's already been six weeks, why wouldn't he just be honest and tell me it hasn't shipped yet?

To heck with it. I got some cash for Christmas that I don't really have anything to spend on, so I went ahead and ordered the other Niffler. If they both end up getting here I'll just sell one to recoup some of my cash. This one looks like it might be a bit nicer...same size as the first one.

4ABE8A57-9674-485F-A082-4C88A0603438_zps7aaisklo.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back