The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

From everything I've seen before the movie; 100% rivets.

After watching the movie: Also 100% rivets.

Currently going through lots of cam footage online trying to get some screenshots. Gonna put them on the Graflex Bank behind a spoiler page; a link in TLJ Gallery linking to a spoiler warning page, which then links the images. I think that works out fine for now :)

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to see the visual dictionary picture though!

From everything I've seen before the movie; 100% rivets.

After watching the movie: Also 100% rivets.

Currently going through lots of cam footage online trying to get some screenshots. Gonna put them on the Graflex Bank behind a spoiler page; a link in TLJ Gallery linking to a spoiler warning page, which then links the images. I think that works out fine for now :)

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to see the visual dictionary picture though!

Found this on another thread, knew it would come in handy!
ef195ef39aae3ccf747d1a23aa781420.jpg
Where did you find the cam footage, looking for reference for Kylo’s saber as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never trust the VD! The TFA one showed the star/hex/torx/whatevers.

All that said, I tried to track any differences onscreen, but despite the close-ups, they were fleeting. I could be wrong, but I felt like I saw a glass eye with its knurling intact.

Thankfully I did not see any obvious shots of the stunts, unlike all the promo material.

Never trust the VD! The TFA one showed the star/hex/torx/whatevers.

All that said, I tried to track any differences onscreen, but despite the close-ups, they were fleeting. I could be wrong, but I felt like I saw a glass eye with its knurling intact.

Thankfully I did not see any obvious shots of the stunts, unlike all the promo material.

There is a VERY obvious stunt! I'll try to upload them once I'm done playing some battlefront :)

there are some great close ups through out the film. it sure does look more shiny in this one

Good catches... I mean, I don't support in theater screenshots, but the action was so fast in those scenes I never caught it. Though I admit, it's usually not until the third time seeing it that I just focus on the sabers. :)

Only noticed it in one shot at the cinema, wasn’t until looking at videos online I noticed more :)

One thing I noticed is you can see “Rochester” on the bottom of the flash tube

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!

When Rey is dueling with the staff and then decides to go for the graflex. She looks down at the bag, you can clearly see the metal plate that is covering all the info on the bottom of the tube is misaligned

You can clearly see “Rochester” well the edge of the metal cover is resting half way through all the letters

I saw this on both viewings I went to

Luckily Rey still has the saber at the end of the film, perhaps we will still see it again!

Man I sooo want a replica of *that*, but there's no way I could make that myself so it's probably not happening! :p

Man I sooo want a replica of *that*, but there's no way I could make that myself so it's probably not happening! :p

I’m doing it in a heart beat... once that Blu-ray comes out

One thing I noticed is you can see “Rochester” on the bottom of the flash tube

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!

When Rey is dueling with the staff and then decides to go for the graflex. She looks down at the bag, you can clearly see the metal plate that is covering all the info on the bottom of the tube is misaligned

You can clearly see “Rochester” well the edge of the metal cover is resting half way through all the letters

I saw this on both viewings I went to

Did you spot knurling on the glass eye in one shot> I swore I did, but I don't recall where. I need to go back for a Graflex-pass view.

Also, can I just add, that despite how I felt about the movie, seeing both of Luke's lightsabers in one film, with a bonus new(ish) lightsaber was super cool for being a lightsaber fan.

Did you spot knurling on the glass eye in one shot> I swore I did, but I don't recall where. I need to go back for a Graflex-pass view.

every graflex i saw had the brass eye

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back