CFO Star Wars ANH comlink

Looks Great to me!! :thumbsup

Has anyone tried out that Disney exclusive Bluetooth version of this prop? I had an opportunity to play with on at Celebration this year they are so cool... now all I need is a trash compactor... :rolleyes

I am also using a modern equivalent of the engine part which may differ slightly from the original kit part?

I have vintage Tomtit parts as well as modern day parts from Reade Models, and the parts are the came size.
The only difference is the diameter of the hole in the pushrod.

Tomtit Hawker pushrod vintage & new 01.JPGTomtit Hawker pushrod vintage & new 03.JPGTomtit Hawker pushrod vintage & new 05.JPG

I know. ;)

It just looks wrong. Look at the angle both have on the surface, the screenused falls to the hovi.

I wonder if they reshaped the Tomtit cylinder, maybe on a lathe?
I agree... I think its due to the mesh being different. the Original has wider spacing if the Hovi tips are indeed the same diameter. Count the rows and youll see what I mean.

The text does not align with the rib on the top of the Hovi. It should be centered to one rib, not between two of them. Other than that it looks pretty good.

What I've always wanted to know is where to find the metal mesh that sits in the top of the Hovi!

Anybody have a source for it?

Also, several years back, when the Reade Models parts were starting to be made again I built two of these comlinks using cast aluminum Hovis. For the life of me I cannot recall where I found them. Anybody know if they're still available?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Never heard of cast aluminum.

Best I purchased were the 2 piece (seemingly injected moulded) part from some guy on eBay.
He included the proper size mesh.
Can't recall the seller, tho.

Well, at one point in time, there definitely were cast aluminum ones, because I've got two! I think I paid like $40 for the pair.

Anyway, I'd love to find a good source for the mesh!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back