Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Harlocker states in the video that it's a scavenger communicator and is a background prop. I think he's just wrong about the Russian part.

In this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAk0CObPE4&t=827s from Tested they state that the squad phone is a russian make. But it seems to be a pretty close match with the US PRC-6. Clamps and buttons all seem to match up. Only noticable difference is the push button on the side, which is rubber but seems to be replaced by a partially metal one.

The one used by the prop department was a West German PRC6/6. It's similar to the standard US PRC6 but the design was modified to allow it to switch between 6 channels (the US one is only single channel) via a butterfly knob that sits where that knurled plug in on top of the earpiece. there was also a glazed window on one side of the rear case to allow the channel number to be viewed, the design of the clips are slightly different and all the placards are in German.

If it appears anywhere in the film it will be in the sequence where K's car gets harpooned by the skavs and struck by lightning in the San Diego dump. It may have been cut out though, as iin a recent interview the editor Joe Walker said they started with an initial assembly cut that was 4 hours long, and he and Villeneuve progressed though numerous cuts to get to the final cut we got at the cinema. Don't hold your breath for any deleted scenes though, as neither he or Villeneuve are keen on releasing them (none of the DVDs of his previous films have any deleted scenes extras IIRC).

The one used by the prop department was a West German PRC6/6. It's similar to the standard US PRC6 but the design was modified to allow it to switch between 6 channels (the US one is only single channel) via a butterfly knob that sits where that knurled plug in on top of the earpiece. there was also a glazed window on one side of the rear case to allow the channel number to be viewed, the design of the clips are slightly different and all the placards are in German.

If it appears anywhere in the film it will be in the sequence where K's car gets harpooned by the skavs and struck by lightning in the San Diego dump. It may have been cut out though, as iin a recent interview the editor Joe Walker said they started with an initial assembly cut that was 4 hours long, and he and Villeneuve progressed though numerous cuts to get to the final cut we got at the cinema. Don't hold your breath for any deleted scenes though, as neither he or Villeneuve are keen on releasing them (none of the DVDs of his previous films have any deleted scenes extras IIRC).

Maybe we'll get four or five different versions of the film and it will show up one of them.

Look what I just found in the piano:

2017-11-07 12.28.41.jpg

2017-11-07 12.29.44.jpg

Indeed, I have done a significant research yet couldn't locate the specific thing I've been searching for in my budget. Subsequently, I am requesting a few suggestions if anybody knows the site offering it in a reasonable amount. It will be valuable to me.

K's pencil is apparently called a 5344 KOH-I-NOOR LEAD HOLDER

They look to be very widely available. Just paint the button reddish orange. Very well spotted by the Propsummit team!

On a separate note: the real Koh-I-Noor makes for interesting reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koh-i-Noor

Last edited by a moderator:
K's pencil is apparently called a 5344 KOH-I-NOOR LEAD HOLDER

They look to be very widely available. Just paint the button reddish orange. Very well spotted by the Propsummit team!

On a separate note: the real Koh-I-Noor makes for interesting reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koh-i-Noor

22815446_10159476863680721_4345186476330352820_n.jpg

Found the screengrab.

Pretty certainly looks like the 5344.

Ordering one now.

22815446_10159476863680721_4345186476330352820_n.jpg

Ok, so I've come to a conclusion about these med tins. The clear label goes over the medical cross which is actually a reflective vinyl!

This creates a halo bubble around the cross where the label overlaps the cross. You can distinctively see the reflective quality of the cross and the halo effect when you compare all 3 of these photos. See how the crosses appear brighter, almost glowing in some examples and then darker than the tin itself in others . . .

CNYnNSa.jpg

I also noticed some color in these, a blue ink. My first run of labels fresh out of the printer:

GQLUUOdh.jpg

Small tin finished with and without flash to show off the reflective vinyl:

11pZLSsh.jpg

blrhGBAh.jpg

Large tin:

asQgOUGh.jpg

Cv3ulKeh.jpg

Clear tin:

0QJ1IT3h.jpg

2GMGa6mh.jpg

All three:

VPqiahvh.jpg

bcSkVZMh.jpg

cG9MaZIh.jpg

bT1DJlvh.jpg

I don't know why I got so obsessed with replicating these. It's kind of a weird prop to reproduce, but they sure did turn out cool! Great for use as actual medical kits too.

0RUC6Fsh.jpg

bP8Hyxuh.jpg

I'm still working on the labels for the individual cartridges and I think I'll do some custom cut reflective vinyl instead of tape on the crosses for the next set.

Thanks again to @podman & theflightyellz for sourcing some of this stuff ;) :thumbsup

This thread is amazing. I love it!

I just bought the Final Cut of Blade Runner at Wal Mart. And I plan on watching it. But 2049 was INCREDIBLE!!!! Makes me wish we were living that future...somewhat.

Anyways, I had questions about what Richard Deckard/Harrison Ford wore in 2049. It is obviously not his great 80's wardrobe. It was more simple, yet worked for his character and given the time. I was wondering if any of you had a lock on what Harrison wore in his scenes. A green button down shirt, what color and type pants. As well as his choice of shoes. The shirt is a plain heather grey shirt. Easily attainable in any store. If anyone has any helpful information on Harrison's Deckard costume that would be nice!

And yes, I will track down his blaster. What's a fan of Blade Runner without a blaster?

Soulinertia

did you made the entire labels "from scratch" using fonts etc. oder did you replicated them by "photoshop" them from pics? Very in those, as I got some tins as well ;)
Are you going to put them up over at "Free Replica Paper Props"?

Edit: If you used Fonts, you might share which ones? (Sry if I missed the story, if already posted in here)

I love the "pre-Blackout memory spheres". So simple, yet they'll be pretty hard to replicate accurately.

For now, I realized that I already own a 1.25" quartz sphere with some cracked/cloudy patterns inside. It doesn't quite have the right look (should be one big "cloud" in an otherwise clear sphere) and I think it's probably too small, but it makes a good impromptu replica until something better comes along.

memory sphere 2.JPG memory sphere 1.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back