Original ANH Stormtrooper helmet and Armor - Just the Facts

:rolleyes :popcorn :rolleyes

Hey Brian, found this thread as i am considering buying a SDS storm trooper helmet, I always thought you were an apprentice at the time ANH was being made and didn't realize the level of input you had.
Are you making ANH replicas now?
Do you mind me asking how much they paid you to create this iconic starwars figure?

SC Andrew chases stormtrooper client for £3.5m legal bill | News | The Lawyer

Seems the next court case could be Ainsworth vs his own lawyers!!! Unless he pays his £3.5 million legal fees

1. Lucasfilm won the court case winning 243 out of 246 points - still seeking £4 million damages

2. As Ainsworth's lawyers gained the point that the Stormtrooper is industrial and Ainsworth claimed it as a win he has to pay his lawyer's fee £3.5 million

3. As all the facts came out in court proving Ainsworth to be a liar his reputation - such as it was - was even more sullied and without doubt affecting sales.

Last edited:
Don't forget the other battle over LFL damage claims for AA selling his wares here in the states. Things are not looking very rosy right now. (Teeee-heeee!)

hmmm don't think I can bring anything new to this AA farce.. other than don't buy his stuff, expensive and not good quality. Won't even comment on his lies and all..

I've seen his YouTube Stormtrooper building videos. I do like the bad ass machine he is using to make his parts but dude is crazy as an out house rat if he thinks anyone would pay that much for armor that doesn't even look that accurate. You can get much better quality at much cheaper prices almost anywhere else.

I haven't read the entire thread. I have only skimmed thru it. I have heard of this guys lies, etc , etc but I do have one question that may well have already been answered somewhere in this thread. The question is: Are these stormtrooper helmets made from the actual molds? Even if A.A. didn't make them, sculpt them, etc, whatever, do these helmets originate from the actual molds??? Any info would be appreciated and apologies if the answer is in here somewhere...Thanks

I haven't read the entire thread. I have only skimmed thru it. I have heard of this guys lies, etc , etc but I do have one question that may well have already been answered somewhere in this thread. The question is: Are these stormtrooper helmets made from the actual molds? Even if A.A. didn't make them, sculpt them, etc, whatever, do these helmets originate from the actual molds??? Any info would be appreciated and apologies if the answer is in here somewhere...Thanks

I'm curious about this too. From what I understand AA claims he made the molds, it has been proven that he did not - Liz Moore did. AA also lost a lawsuit that keeps him from selling the helmets in the States.

But I am unsure if he did have the original molds in storage and uses them to make the helmets. I'm leaning towards they are not the original molds. But I am unclear on this. Is it known? Or is nobody really sure?

i think its generally thought that his lids have more in common with his so called prototype lids and not the original moulds ( i am talking in relation to the helmets he sells )
i could be wrong though, but that is what i personally believe
you could also join ( the darkside of sds ) on Facebook for more facts/info

Well he did have one of those protos he sold at auction. My guess is he cast that or something then altered it to look like(or nothing like) the movie helmets. I'm sure his molds are long gone. Nothing he's shown looks like the screen stuff. He also had proto ties and xwing helmets so enough said. He's a con man. Thing is,he could have obtained and cast originals and just sold them from the "original maker" and people would have loved it too. He just had to admit he had no molds.

Ben

Well he did have one of those protos he sold at auction. My guess is he cast that or something then altered it to look like(or nothing like) the movie helmets. I'm sure his molds are long gone. Nothing he's shown looks like the screen stuff. He also had proto ties and xwing helmets so enough said. He's a con man. Thing is,he could have obtained and cast originals and just sold them from the "original maker" and people would have loved it too. He just had to admit he had no molds.

Ben

So AA is a fraud, that I understood.
My question is more about the difference between what he sell and what is in the movie?

Did anybody made some comparaisons?

TONS of comparision pics that showed what he is selling look nothing like what was on Screen

So AA is a fraud, that I understood.
My question is more about the difference between what he sell and what is in the movie?

Did anybody made some comparaisons?

TONS of comparision pics that showed what he is selling look nothing like what was on Screen

You cannot compare.
AA used a ESB mkii suit and a ROTJ suit that had been reverse engineered to look ANH the reworked the two combinations to look ANH. So it cannot be compared to a real ANH suit. Yes you can put them side by side but it still
Won't be a true comparison. If you want ANH with lineage go with RS. If you want something that looks ANH without lineage go with TM. If you'd like a ROTJ go with me.

You cannot compare.
AA used a ESB mkii suit and a ROTJ suit that had been reverse engineered to look ANH the reworked the two combinations to look ANH. So it cannot be compared to a real ANH suit. Yes you can put them side by side but it still
Won't be a true comparison. If you want ANH with lineage go with RS. If you want something that looks ANH without lineage go with TM. If you'd like a ROTJ go with me. ��

Thats a fair comparison. Can you expand on a thing or two? How does TM look so accurate but not have lineage? I have a TM2 and I think there is/was an issue with the forearms (they used the same for left and right IE not correct.) And regarding RS, did they make molds off of an original....I would like to hear that story, sounds interesting.

Just genuinely curious.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back