Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

I do think your characterization of my behaviour "constantly" is a bit hyperbolic.

Everyone has their quirks, and trying to add civility to a contentious discussion isn't a bad thing. I have appreciated your comments in SW-related discussions, even if I vehemently disagree with your views on TLJ. Please don't misunderstand my criticism of one quirk as being a personal attack. It wasn't intended to be.

Its not because I disagree with your opinion, which was and continues to be, presented in very condescending and patronizing manner. Its because your posts have an air of being disingenuous. Going through your posts wouldn't prove or disprove anything. There are tons of people (lots in this very thread or others like them) who can come off as sane, rational, and fairly kind. Then you bring up certain topics and they turn into a totally different person.
How does that saying go, something to do with a pot and a kettle? :rolleyes

Everyone has their quirks, and trying to add civility to a contentious discussion isn't a bad thing. I have appreciated your comments in SW-related discussions, even if I vehemently disagree with your views on TLJ. Please don't misunderstand my criticism of one quirk as being a personal attack. It wasn't intended to be.

Fair enough!
I agree... I have enjoyed your perspective on many occasions. :thumbsup

While this isn't directly related to the K.K. debate, it does tie into some of the broader topics which have been discussed over the past year regarding the treatment of some involved with the making of TLJ.

Specifically, when the word was passed that Kelly Marie Tran--among others--decided to remove themselves from Social Media due to harrassment. It was postulated at the time that there was no proof that it occurred, since she had made no official statement as to why she deleted her Twitter and Instagram presence.

It's good to finally hear it from herself that this was indeed the case...and that she did leave SM because of bullying.

Of course I understand it is a very small (and sad) section of the fanbase which perpetrated this... and that not every fan who hated TLJ feels this way. But for those who were inclined to brush it off as a bad rumour, at least now it can be seen to have been true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/movies/kelly-marie-tran.html

Geez... she's still trying to milk this?? Where is the proof that anyone hated on her for her being a female or Asian? The only thing I've ever heard or read was her character as directed in TLJ was terribly written and depicted, whose fault lies on RJ and KK.

Where is the proof that anyone hated on her for her being a female or Asian? The only thing I've ever heard or read was her character as directed in TLJ was terribly written and depicted, whose fault lies on RJ and KK.

I hardly see any criticism against the characters of Paige Tico and Jessika Pava, and they're both Asian women.

Even if the comments weren't racist or sexist or what ever. Things were still being said that made her delete her account.

She's the Hollywood Celebrity... take your lumps or find a new career. No actor is above criticism. She wants this to be about something it isn't.

I can't say about her, I'm not on any social media and a didn't get read anything that was said to her. But even if it was just criticism, there a right way to say it, and a wrong way to say it.

So the masses should just roll over and be acceptable to force-fed BS based on vapor? PROVE it! It's easy....or you just take someones word with no factual evidence?

That kind of abuse happens in all walks of life. Sadly, it's the world we live in.
So can we just call these people 'sub-human scum' and stop referring to them as Star Wars fans.
I am a Star Wars fan and I do not want to be associated with 'sub-human scum'.
It's a distinction that Disney/LFL has failed to publicly acknowledge.

So the masses should just roll over and be acceptable to force-fed BS based on vapor? PROVE it! It's easy....or you just take someones word with no factual evidence?
If you wife or significant other was out one night and said she was robbed or even worse raped, would your first instinct be to say "prove it"?

So that's a yes?

It's only a hard question to answer if you truly feel that way.

To feel that anyone has to prove something to you is an superiority mentality to begin with. If someone is feeling harassed no matter the justification that is their feeling to have and who are you to question it. Just because in your opinion the harassment isn't valid and may be an overreaction it doesn't matter one bit because it's not your opinion that matters at all.

She's the Hollywood Celebrity... take your lumps or find a new career. No actor is above criticism. She wants this to be about something it isn't.

Educated and civil criticism isn't what chased her off social media. An endless barrage of countless Star Wars "fans" telling her to die and that she ruined Star Wars did.

Stop trying to force the narrative that being critical of TLJ gets you painted in the same light as trolls and subhuman toads who feel the need to endlessly harass people. Not liking a movie is a long way from trying to swat, dox, harass, troll, or otherwise burn somebody's life.

If you can't make the distinction or think that she has to put up with it because TLJ wasn't good, you're part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back