Been coming for some time now...

ColinPB

Hello, I've been a semi long time stalker of these boards and can't remember if I've ever had a profile on here( my main hobby is riding bmx,poorly, and have had a few concussions). Any who I have finally started on what has been one of, if not the main costume I have wanted to make... that being Wikus Van De Merwe. Unfortunately updates will likely be slow as I'm making this as I'm able to get materials. So far I have a mold of my arm and a bunch of clay.

Cool, you're doing the Prawn arm version as he starts to mutate?

Keep at it and post updates. I think this is a cool concept.

Here is what I have so far. Created a mold of my arm and hand with platsil 10 and plaster bandages.

Back

yNtw0Ox.jpg

8rvAU9Z.jpg

I'll post updates once I get more done.

Quick question while I wait for more supplies to come in. Has anyone been able to identify what shoes Wikus is wearing towards the end of the movie? I thought they were some kind of loafers but after rewatching the movie again, they look like boat shoes. I'm also having trouble identifying the blue jacket that he stole. Thanks for all of the help and encouragement.

Nice one !!, doing this for my boy for the local super nova later this year too. I'm sure you have plenty, but here a couple of caps i took from the blue ray for the hand and the arc generator.
vlcsnap-error292.png

vlcsnap-error094.png

Nice one !!, doing this for my boy for the local super nova later this year too. I'm sure you have plenty, but here a couple of caps i took from the blue ray for the hand and the arc generator.
View attachment 833554

View attachment 833555

Thanks for those, definitely a lot clearer than the ones from my image searches.

Small update, I was able to make the plaster casting of my arm to start sculpting. I wasn't worried about a prefect casting as this is just going to get covered in clay, so I just used plaster of Paris that I let sit in the mold over night.

C3n2sLZ.jpg

JilIVnH.jpg

MzKaBLG.jpg

I will start the sculpting sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I've got some more updates as I have started sculpting.

First I added some armature wire to extend the length of my fingers and started layering clay onto the plaster cast.
bVuthtY.jpg

CqGh38Q.jpg

CKe7WbR.jpg

And then I started smoothing it out and shaping it.

n7vET27.jpg

SnPFd6p.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back