Christmas is coming a few days early...

SethS, I defer to your expertise and would ask for clarification please.

I’m presently converting a Hasbro black Series Rey Saber. I intend to upgrade its clamp card and give it a kobold clip. I just want it to be as close as possible to an accurate representation.

I was looking at your “bible” (I say that with incredible respect for what you put together) and noticed the way Hasbro oriented the card is similar to the image you have in the TFA Display Variants section (on Wannawanga’s site, page 21). I believe the image you have is from the Launch Bay.

Prior to that, between pages 19 and 20, you have a beautifully illustrated Wannawanga blue print of the TFA saber. The clamp card in this illustration is reversed.

Would you know if the card’s orientation changed in the movie depending upon the saber?

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Both TFA and TLJ match Roy's blueprint. The one at the Disneyland Launchbay matches this is as well, the one in Florida is flipped. Never trust display variants or Visual Dictionaries.

Awesome to know, I will flip the card on my conversion.

Thank you, good sir.

Btw, allow me to tell you again how awesome of a resource your work is. :)

b764a0648b16d7c5298459f243f0ebbb.jpg

Here's a screen grab from the Maz box hero, when Maz hands it to Finn, with the transparent clamp card clearly visible!

I appreciate the assist fellas. Thanks!

Also, I probably should have looked at my Roman’s Maz saber too. He did the card correctly.

SO I lied-- Christmas did NOT come early... that's what happens when you gather new images up, discover a bunch of stuff, and a new movie happens. There's literally three big updates to old sabers happening at once...

Anyway, before I update the stickied post and hand it off to Roy to make public to the world, here is a soft-publish of the new version for deep RPFers. I plan to go public after New Year's so that gives you a few days to find any typos (there will be a lot, despite being a writer I am a horrid typist, and most of this was written after-hours), argue any thoeries (must have photo back up!), or otherwise send me back into a tailspin of rewrites.

http://sethmsherwood.com/OMGSECRET/SW_LS_bible_12.27.17.pdf

Changes include:

- Almost 20 pages of new content
- overview sections added
- all ESB Graflex sabers revised
- Vader Rogue One page added
- TLJ Graflex information added
- Luke Hero TFA/TLJ sections added
- Prequel sabers section added (under protest)
- Sequel sabers section added
- Apocryphal sabers section added
- glossary added
- Yuma section revised
- gallery expanded
- t-track information revised
- reveal saber page added

At the risk of sounding effusive, this is a fantastic update, Seth. So much work done by you and so many of the members here. Absolutely amazing work.

I mean it very sincerely when I say I’m actually quite honored to have “helped” and for the mention in the back. Totally unexpected but truly made my day as silly as it sounds. Perfect timing too - on the heels of losing a family pet, so a good time for a pick me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your going down in history as the "flipped kobold dude" ;)

I have a possible theory/submission. On the Vader black bar saber do you think they might have used this board but cut to size?
Screenshot_2017-12-31-02-28-19.png

(If the attachment doesn't work I will fix it tomorrow)

Is that an exactra? The one pictured in the guide looks pretty close— but we only gave that one blown up image so it’s hard to say with certainty.

I'm so gonna make a hardbound copy of this for my library! :p

I'm wondering SethS
Would it work if one of those websites that make photobooks (usually of family pics) online were given jpegs of the PDFs.
It would be real expensive prob but worth it I'm sure for such a well thought out book.

Would there there be copyright probs anywhere in that for single personal use printings ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Copyright problems galore, which is why I’ve always said I wouldn’t print it. The PDF is also presented at a slightly less than optimal DPI for print, and the page spreads do not fall into print-friendly range.

It’s not impossible, but I discourage it because if some body decides to print it and start selling it I’m the one that will get the cease and desist and have to shutter the whole thing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back