Parksabers?

Redfinger

Has anyone had any dealings with this guy? His website seems a bit dodgy. I am looking for a graflex base on which to make my own ANH saber.

Thanks for any feedback guys.

A.

The Graflex that Parks sells is the same one that Korbanth (a.k.a. Sith Planet) and TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) sell. You will get it MUCH quicker if you order it from TCSS. It's commonly referred to as the Graflex 2.0. It's designed with saber electronics in mind so it lacks accuracy in several places. You will need a TCSS 7/8" dia. LED/heat sink module as well to hold the LED and lens. Still decent though. If you're looking for more accuracy you might try the version from The Graflex Shop (though you will have to wait until next year to get it... unless you buy a blemished version which they have in stock right now) or a Roman props/Romans Empire version (which I think also has a wait time on it).

As for Parks Sabers, he's been around since the prequels. He's legit (he also designs all the Korbanth empty sabers)... but can be super slow at shipping sometimes, even with what he has in stock.

The Graflex that Parks sells is the same one that Korbanth (a.k.a. Sith Planet) and TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) sell. You will get it MUCH quicker if you order it from TCSS. It's commonly referred to as the Graflex 2.0. It's designed with saber electronics in mind so it lacks accuracy in several places. You will need a TCSS 7/8" dia. LED/heat sink module as well to hold the LED and lens. Still decent though. If you're looking for more accuracy you might try the version from The Graflex Shop (though you will have to wait until next year to get it... unless you buy a blemished version which they have in stock right now) or a Roman props/Romans Empire version (which I think also has a wait time on it).

As for Parks Sabers, he's been around since the prequels. He's legit (he also designs all the Korbanth empty sabers)... but can be super slow at shipping sometimes, even with what he has in stock.

Thanks for that. I have actually found a private seller that has what I need.

Yes, I'll come on here to add that he has a LOT of baggage with the RPF. There has been a fair amount of shady stuff..

that being said, I have come across a few of Park's products and they're very high quality. Accuracy like 85% :lol

How about his ESB graflex model he offers among his line up? Is it the same as the 2.0?

The Graflex 2.0 is configurable for both ANH and ESB. You get all the parts to do either... You can also do TFA as it is a mashup of both with some slight alterations like sanding down the knurls on the glass eye.

I should have mentioned in my previous post that if you get a graflex 2.0, you might also want to get a 3D printed chassis for it to mount most of the electronics to. There are several people that offer them on Shapeways.com. Be sure to pick one that is for the specific soundboard that you will be using.

Jeff is a good guy... he was very popular and therefore very busy in recent past which caused him to be slower in order delivery for a while... not sure if that is still the case but he was one of the first in the game to provide more screen accurate light saber hilts. :love

The Graflex 2.0 is configurable for both ANH and ESB. You get all the parts to do either... You can also do TFA as it is a mashup of both with some slight alterations like sanding down the knurls on the glass eye.

NO..That is not what I ment. Jeff offers a Graflex under his line of Sabers. I was asking if its just a 2.0 with his install. I know all that about the 2.0

NO..That is not what I ment. Jeff offers a Graflex under his line of Sabers. I was asking if its just a 2.0 with his install. I know all that about the 2.0

I just took a look and, based on the pictures on the site, he uses a Graflex 2.0 hilt with his "Phase Blade" tech for his "Graflex ESB". I've never owned one of his completed sabers before though so maybe someone else will speak up about it.

I have every reason to believe It's a 2.0 with his install. Jeff Parks invented the Graflex 2.0 and we know he no longer sells his v1 (which is VERY close to a real Graflex) and hasn't for a few years now so there's really no reason to believe it's anything else.

I still have a few I bought from him 20 years ago. Back when he had his four saber lineup in the old magazines. I'll see if I can get some photos. Good times.

Andy

I believe that all of his sabers that he makes now, are the 2.0. Meaning that they are made for electronics, & the pommel will have holes for sound. I think I got his last MPPs that is strictly a static prop replica. I got it on TCSS a few years back. & as soon as the purchase was complete, it was listed as sold out on the website. A few months later, it was back up on the website, but with holes in the pommel.

I have the ESB Parks Phase Saber that I bought as my first replica LS. I ordered this "In Stock" around May/June of 2015 as he transitioned from his original design to the 2.0 (which is what it is). I received my saber from him just before New Years. The body is well made, it is pretty accurate on appearance other than the humped "beer tab", anodized "red button" and for whatever reason mine came with a chrome "glass eye" instead of a second "red button". The phase blade looks great, but is not setup for sound "even though the pommel cap has holes. The battery life on mine has been horrible and I am actually considering modding it from phase to in hilt LED w/sound.

I still have a few I bought from him 20 years ago. Back when he had his four saber lineup in the old magazines. I'll see if I can get some photos. Good times.

Andy

I would love to see the pictures. Nice stroll down memory lane. I used to see them advertised in Go Figure magazine back in 1995 before Icons came about.

Whilst Parksabers offer fairly good quality products, there was a lot of trouble on here after he borrowed a real MPP from a forum member to use as the basis for his replicas, and the one he sent back to the member had had parts on it replaced with replica parts. As far as I know it never got resolved and is the reason Jeff is banned from the rpf, although someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Having brought various empty's from Jeff in the past , I think he is almost irrelevant due to his bad customer service over the years, especially now there are so many G R A F L E X
out there at the moment, my 89 Sabers G R A F L E X , is awesome .

I ordered one of his old Graflex's back in the day. The one that was a functioning flash handle. I got in less than a week!

Andy

I sure would like to see those photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back