Has anyone tried 3D printing an Endoskeleton? Please discuss

Well, that's all I am going to see from this designer. After not hearing from him and requesting an update, he just sent me an email saying that he was ending the project.

I must say that I am rather angry about this. I sent this guy 300 euro ($370 US) and have nothing to show for it. it has been less than the 45 day window required by Paypal. Do I file a dispute?

PayPal and the credit card you used should each have mechanisms in place to investigate the transaction. They will credit your account if they find evidence of fraud. Of course, there is the possibility that they might have slightly different rules for international transactions. Good luck.

Yes and in the off chance paypal doesn't side with you, give them a call. I had really good luck talking to someone on the phone. They reversed a decision once based on my call.

Well, that's all I am going to see from this designer. After not hearing from him and requesting an update, he just sent me an email saying that he was ending the project.

I must say that I am rather angry about this. I sent this guy 300 euro ($370 US) and have nothing to show for it. it has been less than the 45 day window required by Paypal. Do I file a dispute?

In the U.S., the PayPal "claim dispute" window is 6 months (before that it was 90 days). Assuming you do not live in the U.S. and assuming it's not been over 6 months since you paid, you might want to recheck that policy... just in case it's changed for your country.

I filed a dispute with Paypal. Technically, he did deliver a printable file. I printed out a 50% version to see what it looks like, and I cannot fathom HOW someone could have come up with anything SO wrong? So, He did spend time on this, it is just completely worthless.

Honestly, Why is this SO difficult?

It is difficult because the sculpt is organic and not really mechanically designed. It has a lot of rounded shapes. There are a few guys on Turbosquid who's been working on high end 3D endoskeleton and parts models. Maybe it would be worth getting in contact with some of them instead of starting from scratch with someone who clearly doesn't have a passion for the project or knows the intricacies of the endoskeleton.

It was definitely the right approach to file a claim. Since he did do work and did deliver a printable file, you can offer him some of the money but still demand the majority to be returned.

You can try and get in contact with this guy on whether he still owns the pieces and can provide more detailed photo reference: http://www.thxsf.com/lucas-francis-studio-endo-kit.html

Last edited:
It is not THAT difficult. Most of these parts are cylinders and rods. The humerus that I asked for is a flat piece that curves at the top. Any pro should have knocked it out in < hr. It is not like I was asking for the pelvis.

I need to find a new designer. I just not sure how to do that.

IMG_1574.JPG27849525_2030304013650821_1997603440_n.jpg

This has been a long while coming, but I think it's coming along. I printed this out at 1:2 scale as a test and it printed in two halves. It is missing detail lines, and the hip looks a little square, but it id a functional piece and I am ready for more!

Stay tuned for legs...

adsfdf.jpgI printed out the thighs and like their size and proportion. My printed give a rough surface, an I don't know if I am out of adjustment, or that is as good as I am going to get.

This is a 50% print so that I can test things before going 1:1. Next come the knees.

CROTCH of DEATH.jpgI2018.03.01.legs.JPG just got finished printing the knee joint. My tolerances are too tight and it took some Dremel work to make it fit. I need to make some adjustments, including, but not limited to the attachment from shin o knee, as seen on the right, it is just a small pin and a glue joint. This is not nearly strong enough and needs a bolt attachment.

My printer prints a rough cylinder. Someone said that the circle isn't as simple as a straight line, but I don't understand why. This is why I debated printing the main Tibia tube and foot attachment, or use a acrylic tube as it is just cleaner looking?

I am working with a local designer, who is showing lots of promise. We are working on the chest and back. It isn't enough to be close, The chest plate has some compound curves that will be hard to duplicate.

I will be printing his shoulders soon, from the spine to the elbow, stay tuned.

Last edited:
skynet: Those are some great drawings. Are the Printable?

Garlic: We are working on the model. What you see above, is what there is so far. Currently, we are working on the torso. My goal is to have the spine flex as individual vertebrae are printed in place, and to have the shoulders rotate at the spine like the Hot Toys 1/4 scale model. So far, out torso looks like this:

VERTEBRAL COLUMN ASSEMBLY 2 side.JPG It is getting there, but I would like to hear from those in the Know, is the back that straight? I think it needs some type of curve added to it to fit the human figure. I welcome comments from anyone who reads this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good start, but it's way too straight.

Basically, at the point where the chest bends inwards again at the bottom, it shouldn't go in a straight line, but curved, and opposite, the back should be a soft outwards curve from top to bottom. The semi circle piece down at the spine piece that connects chest and back, should be exactly that - circular.

@skynet: Those are some great drawings. Are the Printable?

Garlic: We are working on the model. What you see above, is what there is so far. Currently, we are working on the torso. My goal is to have the spine flex as individual vertebrae are printed in place, and to have the shoulders rotate at the spine like the Hot Toys 1/4 scale model. So far, out torso looks like this:

View attachment 801191 It is getting there, but I would like to hear from those in the Know, is the back that straight? I think it needs some type of curve added to it to fit the human figure. I welcome comments from anyone who reads this thread.

Yeah printable but haven't had time

The Modeler that I have been working with has moved for a new job and instead of meeting in person to discuss issues, we are having conversations by phone and I am having trouble explaining certain things. Here is the drawing for the chest. There are several things wrong here, and I just don't know where to begin.

Any thoughts form the experts?

CHEST ASSY WITH VERT four rev 2 added neck.JPGCHEST ASSY WITH VERT four rev 2 added neck rear view.JPG

I honestly don't know how to give suggestions to that. There's just too much that needs fixing. Sorry.

I'm wondering whether if it would help your modeler to look at what other modelers has done? There's a model on Thingiverse I thought looked decent. Though not accurate, it has some nice ideas, such as the spine extending all the way from the pelvis to the neck.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2471057

I honestly don't know how to give suggestions to that. There's just too much that needs fixing. Sorry.

I'm wondering whether if it would help your modeler to look at what other modelers has done? There's a model on Thingiverse I thought looked decent. Though not accurate, it has some nice ideas, such as the spine extending all the way from the pelvis to the neck.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2471057

That is a nice model. I will try and split it up and print a chest out of it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back