Fallout 4

I've found a few mini nukes and sadly they tend to go off at inopportune points.
@BeardySi : I just put up some pics of the stealth boy in my album that you can see in my profile, finding canvas that matches the ww2 era like the stuff the pouch it's in is the hard part. We had a few old duffel bags dad got as a kid from surplus that finally gave out after over 50 years. Also i thought i'd show this off: the hall of armor.
Fallout 4_20151114053140.jpgFallout 4_20151114053927.jpgFallout 4_20151114052039.jpg
I went a bit overboard with turrets last night leveling myself up and i may rework it. I just found another partial suit of armor today that i put in it, a raider suit, and i installed a bobblehead display. So far I have my first settlement at 80 percent happiness. I need to get back to scavenging. I'm in Natick right now and half expecting to see a Twinkie factory as a nod to the y2k episode of family guy lol

I was watching funhaus play the game and one guy mentioned how many side stories you see just from wrecks and skeletons. It really makes the world feel live that you see things that really have nothing to do with the game but it shows daily life right as it fell. I found skeletons of cops tackling a guy in handcuffs, people in diners and even wrecks. It's little details that lets you kind of create your own stories of what was happening right as it all blew up. I have noticed it must have been a huge breakfast crowd as all the coffee shops seemed busy.

Last edited:
Does anyone playing on the PC know how to make a fence sink into the ground so it's level? I found out that holding "E" will change elevation, but it won't sink the fence in so my fence is level. I wish this was the 90's so we got a big fat manual with this game instead of the current half-a***d approach of little documentation!

Personally I'm finding the construction system and total lack of tutorials incredibly irritating....

Btw, I picked up a mini nuke practically beside sanctuary... Thy have a habit of going off you say?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Does anyone playing on the PC know how to make a fence sink into the ground so it's level? I found out that holding "E" will change elevation, but it won't sink the fence in so my fence is level. I wish this was the 90's so we got a big fat manual with this game instead of the current half-a***d approach of little documentation!

I learned from Reddit that if you place one of the small floormats down, and then put whatever you're trying to build on top of it you can pick them both up (by holding whatever the action/select button is for you) and the object will use the floor mat's collision detection and allow you to clip through things. It isn't foolproof but it's way better than how it normally works. You can then remove the mat and the other pieces will stay in place.

Edit: apparently if you use the "shack foundation" floor tiles you can place them on uneven ground and the bottom will grow/shrink to conform to the surface. Here's a picture of someone who repaired a broken wall with them http://i.imgur.com/HeX3MrE.jpg

Last edited:
That's a wonderful set up for your Power Armor Wes R. But those suits? They're nothing... Well, with the exception of the classic T-51. But this lovely lady?

enclavelives_zpsao9suy86.png

My body is ready!

Oh trust me i'll be adding on once i find that one lol. I'm suddenly up to my ears in power cores too which is good. I already have one in each suit so i'm going to store the rest as I bet i'll need them. I'm still feeling overwhelmed with all i can go see and missions to do.

Has anyone seen the Nuka colas at Target? We don't have one within 45 minutes of us, thanks store exclusive, and wanted to see what they looked like.

Last edited:
That figures. They musta gave Bethesda a ton of cash to do an exclusive. Actually everything about this game's merchandise is either expensive or hard to get. Odd item of note: if you clear a location and it later becomes a mission all the enemies and items respawned. i cleared out this super duper mart on my first day of playing and now have to do it for a mission and every item i took from fans to bottles of soda and a dead robot have reset.

Last edited:
I tried to get one but apparently each store got 1 case, so it didn't last 5 mins when the game released

Dig this. My store 'claims' that they dropped their case and destroyed all the contents inside, rendering them unsellable. It was not a good day.

I learned from Reddit that if you place one of the small floormats down, and then put whatever you're trying to build on top of it you can pick them both up (by holding whatever the action/select button is for you) and the object will use the floor mat's collision detection and allow you to clip through things. It isn't foolproof but it's way better than how it normally works. You can then remove the mat and the other pieces will stay in place.

Edit: apparently if you use the "shack foundation" floor tiles you can place them on uneven ground and the bottom will grow/shrink to conform to the surface. Here's a picture of someone who repaired a broken wall with them http://i.imgur.com/HeX3MrE.jpg

Thanks, I'll check that out!

That's a wonderful set up for your Power Armor Wes R. But those suits? They're nothing... Well, with the exception of the classic T-51. But this lovely lady?

My body is ready!

My nephew showed me his set of that armor today and laughed at my T45...

I actually use the t45 as my every day armor. Apparently at E3 they had a 1:1 scale Codsworth on display. They could auction that suckers off for bucks lol. Apparently you can also give him a bowler hat and he'll wear it, gonna track one down just to see a robot in a hat lol I highly doubt that store dropped a case of sodas, more along the lines someone made off with them and put them on ebay.
I was goofing off on the fallout wiki and there's a ton of little things hidden in the game that are hard to find or link things together. I wish we could make custom signs for on our walls, i have safes for different things and signs would help sort them. I need to rework the armor display and i'm going to put the safes under or behind the armor just to look neat.

Last edited:
Ok, things are not looking good for the Brotherhood. A whole day since their arrival, I passed two vertibirds skirmishing a Super Mutant camp. Naturally, I tagged along to see how the battle faired (And loot the heck out of everyone not standing). What followed was a case of sheer carnage and destruction the likes of which I haven't seen in a game since, well, the second battle for the Hoover Dam. This one skirmish cost the Brotherhood of Steel four vertibirds, their pilots, and five on-ground knights in full power armor. They started out ok with the Super Mutants but one knight decided it would be a good idea to assault a Gunner's encampment that had not one, but two legendary mobs in power armor. One of them being Clint with his 'Good Intentions' laser rifle. I tried to help, but the BoS soldiers just kept pressing forward. I can only imagine what the Knight Commander's report said on this specific operation.

"Uh, mistakes were made?"

I haven't even gotten that far, i just got into Diamond city. I'm still exploring and i'm going to print out a list of locations on the wiki and use it as a checklist since some places I found i didn't explore. I explored one that required master level hacking and there wasn't a damned thing in it to make it exceptional, i was expecting at least some ammo if not a bobblehead. I also ran into my first non-feral ghouls and i like their designs more than the ferals. I need to see if there's an achievement for recruiting companions because some of them are picky about joining you like in F3 which could make it a pain. I'm really wishing i'd kept my fallout props and civil defense collection lol

I discovered that in power armor if you jump/drop to a level below you that it'll knock folks off balance, i nearly crushed my companion by accident lol
Man i got my OCD going in game organizing stuff and I spent a half hour breaking down all the stuff i'd collected over the week and selling the rest off to a trader who randomly moved into the area. Actually all i get off her is ammo and stimpacks.
Nobody can argue about the quality of the graphics compared to the older games, all you have to do is get near a Sentrybot to see the difference in things. And by near one i mean not taking a selfie while it's still alive. This game has really showed alot of what life was like in the days and weeks after the bombs, there's crashed vertibirds and signs of civil unrest all over. Though from all the sources I've read social unrest was happening a lot more even before the war.
What gets me is even if the war hadn't happened they were doomed from all the waste they had laying around, i mean they were just filling any space available with nuclear waste and byproducts.

Last edited:
Celebrity encounters.

Tuvok from Star Trek: Voyager
Garrus from the Mass Effect series
This one is strictly 'sounds like....' category, but Peter Jessop IS George Clooney as Paladin Dense.

I haven't been to it yet but there's a rather famous tv bar in boston that's a must visit while exploring. This game seems to be a lot more like the first ones just from the stuff being put in. It's nice to see you don't need wild wasteland as a perk anymore to see stuff. Also there's a synth in the game that actually seems to have ties with some holodisks from before the war if you notice it. Jack Northrop must be smiling the designers for bringing his flying wing dreams true in the game. Also there's a BTFF reference broken into 2 items you have to recover for the BOS: you put 2 of the words together in their names for Flux Capacitor.

Celebrity encounters.

Tuvok from Star Trek: Voyager
Garrus from the Mass Effect series
This one is strictly 'sounds like....' category, but Peter Jessop IS George Clooney as Paladin Dense.

I heard the guy that did Garrus. I wish they'd put in something about calibrations in there.

I (@#$(#@ hate adhesives... This stuff should be easy to find.

Ok, things are not looking good for the Brotherhood. A whole day since their arrival, I passed two vertibirds skirmishing a Super Mutant camp. Naturally, I tagged along to see how the battle faired (And loot the heck out of everyone not standing). What followed was a case of sheer carnage and destruction the likes of which I haven't seen in a game since, well, the second battle for the Hoover Dam. This one skirmish cost the Brotherhood of Steel four vertibirds, their pilots, and five on-ground knights in full power armor. They started out ok with the Super Mutants but one knight decided it would be a good idea to assault a Gunner's encampment that had not one, but two legendary mobs in power armor. One of them being Clint with his 'Good Intentions' laser rifle. I tried to help, but the BoS soldiers just kept pressing forward. I can only imagine what the Knight Commander's report said on this specific operation.

"Uh, mistakes were made?"

So how did the follow-up looting go?

So how did the follow-up looting go?

Not good. My character build was 1 on strength and her carrying capacity meant that a lot of stuff had to be left behind. All the Knights' armor was destroyed so no power armor there. The 'Good Intentions' laser rifle was alright, but I wound up selling it the moment I got back to Sanctuary Hills.

Also, I found a magazine that allows you to give your Power Armor a specific paint job and I thought I'd share the results with you. Needless to say, it's housing area needed to be touched up to reflect the paint job. And yes, everything you see here comes entirely from the base game.

IMG_2710_zpsciq4cwxk.jpg

Even though you can't name Power Armor, I've decided to call this one "Daisy".

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back