Tom's Kobold Saber and Mystery Saber

Tom, I believe you ARE a jedi! Those are awesome OT style sabers!
I got the same Leica flash, don't know yet what to do with it. And I'm planning on starting that 5-cell broadsword, like NeoRutty, now I've got all the mayor parts for it.

Tom, I believe you ARE a jedi! Those are awesome OT style sabers!
I got the same Leica flash, don't know yet what to do with it. And I'm planning on starting that 5-cell broadsword, like NeoRutty, now I've got all the mayor parts for it.

Wicked... It'll be interesting to see how you handle it. I'm still a month or so away. I JUST finished my move... so now I gotta wait for the rest of storage to show and find my box of sabers. Damn I miss them.

Then I have to finish some work that I owe as gifts... THEN I can move onto the broadsword...

Whatever you do for grips, make me a pair as well! :D

I really love the finish of those black painted sections, what brand/type of wrinkle paint is that?

I will Al! I might even 3D print a connector part on my Ultimaker2, which arrives tomorrow.:D

Be interesting to see what you do with the connector... I've been looking into options and none have gone over that well. Maybe I'll just be making a sister sword along side you at this point.

Okay - I've been sitting on this for awhile - I LOVE the look and feel of this Kobold flash, but It just doesn't feel right. it's small enough and short enough that I'm really debating using this flash. I'm thinking of selling it or something...

I also picked up a neat MPP style King SOL and I'm working on getting a funky Busch that both have the look of sabers, shrouds and everything.

Not much to update - the Kobold is back in storage..really lost as what to do with it if anything. The Mystery saber is now on it's way to Jim, THX1138 I'm humbled to say he loved the flash and loved the design! I'm going to look for more, of course, I can't believe there was no maker mark!

I just got a really nice King SOL in the mail, a Heiland two step shroud is on it's way to me, I smell a sith-y saber very soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

I want to say, "Thanks!" for the oppritunity to buy the "Mystery Saber" from you! I really like custom sabers made from vintage flash units (mainly because that's how the OT saber props were originally put together) and the "Mystery Flash" you found (IMO) is the coolest one I have ever seen!

If the original prop makers would have found one of these, it would have made a perfect Obi-Wan ANH saber instead of going to all the trouble they did in making it. However, I'm not at all saying Obi-Wan's ANH saber isn't cool... what the prop guys did to create that saber was incredible! Just that it could have made a nice alternative if they would have found one with the Graflex and MPP.

The top part reminds me of Obi-Wan's Episode:1 saber with a touch of Luke's ANH saber because of the red button, the clamp reminds me more of Vader's ANH saber and the bottom section reminds me of Luke's ESB saber all in one flash unit!

I've taken it completely apart and didn't find a makers name or even a logo anywhere!

- Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, I was going to approach you about selling this saber as well. It really is something special.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back