bandai macross 1/48 VF-1J

There have been 1:48 Valkyrie model kits, though. Hasegawa did a lovely one a few years back. And I remember one coming out when I was living over in Japan in the mid-'90s from Club M that makes me weep tears of unrequited lust to this day. Their Ultimate Detail Valkyrie model kit could be built with a lot of it as "panels off", and a skilled modeler could make those portions hot-swappable with rare-earth magnets pretty easily. So much resin and photoetch. So unaffordable for me back then and, since they only made 600, almost as hard to find now as the Venus de Milo's arms. :cry

I'm mostly okay with that, as I do most of my air-and-space-craft in 1:72 for ease of visual comparison, from the F-14 Tomcat to the USS Defiant's Type 10 shuttlecraft, the Chaffee. But I do have a few scale-outliers that I have for separate display, and one I've been keeping my eye on since it was announced (due to be released next month, hopefully) is Max Factory's 1:20 Valkyrie model kit.

There have been 1:48 Valkyrie model kits, though. Hasegawa did a lovely one a few years back. And I remember one coming out when I was living over in Japan in the mid-'90s from Club M that makes me weep tears of unrequited lust to this day. Their Ultimate Detail Valkyrie model kit could be built with a lot of it as "panels off", and a skilled modeler could make those portions hot-swappable with rare-earth magnets pretty easily. So much resin and photoetch. So unaffordable for me back then and, since they only made 600, almost as hard to find now as the Venus de Milo's arms. :cry

I'm mostly okay with that, as I do most of my air-and-space-craft in 1:72 for ease of visual comparison, from the F-14 Tomcat to the USS Defiant's Type 10 shuttlecraft, the Chaffee. But I do have a few scale-outliers that I have for separate display, and one I've been keeping my eye on since it was announced (due to be released next month, hopefully) is Max Factory's 1:20 Valkyrie model kit.

I think I cried when i saw the panels removed.

So any news about when the 1/20 kit coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So any news about when the 1/20 kit coming out?
...One I've been keeping my eye on since it was announced (due to be released next month, hopefully) is Max Factory's 1:20 Valkyrie model kit.

;)

Everything out there says 08/2018, with the weapons pack available separately at a later date. HLJ has stopped taking pre-orders until they know whether they'll receive sufficient quantity to open up more, but poke all the importers you can find. The price point looks to be in the ~$350 range.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back