ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I am on the interest list for the FOTK and my understanding from the site is that they are on the way here for shipping to customers. I did indeed get an email that the TLJ FO helmet is delayed, about 10 days after it was posted to Anovos' site. I am really hoping to get an FOTK kit from one of the many orders I see have been cancelled because of the wait., but if I don't at least I didn't go without that cash for a couple years.

maybe that's the message I got, don't know. Dont think i have it anymore. I didn't order the TLJ helmet though. So, not sure why i'd get it otherwise.

You shouldn’t have and probably won’t pay fees if it’s a returned item or replacement!

If you do get fees because the packaging says otherwise, you can get refunded with the proof of replacement.

I would never keep that thing at the price it cost you in europe!!!

You shouldn’t have and probably won’t pay fees if it’s a returned item or replacement!

If you do get fees because the packaging says otherwise, you can get refunded with the proof of replacement.

I would never keep that thing at the price it cost you in europe!!!

Thanks, some useful advice, there.

And yes, you’re right, we (especially in the UK) really do get screwed over when it comes to buying from overseas. I bought the AT-ACT helmet with a 20% discount, but that soon gets eaten up in other fees!

Well, I'm rather surprised. While I paid for the Snowtrooper armor kit, and knowing the history, I was not expecting to see this armor any time soon. Well, just the other night, I got a shipping notification for it.

Now, I'm not complaining. Though, the one thing is that kinda bothers me is that I ordered those R1 style patches about a week before ordering the snowtrooper kit, but those (to my knowledge) have not shipped yet. So...I am not sure what that is about. Maybe they ship those without notice?

Well, I'm rather surprised. While I paid for the Snowtrooper armor kit, and knowing the history, I was not expecting to see this armor any time soon. Well, just the other night, I got a shipping notification for it.

Now, I'm not complaining. Though, the one thing is that kinda bothers me is that I ordered those R1 style patches about a week before ordering the snowtrooper kit, but those (to my knowledge) have not shipped yet. So...I am not sure what that is about. Maybe they ship those without notice?

It would appear they are having shipping issues or they are overwhelmed by stock arriving. My xwing vest took a while to ship. And I just had to follow up about my Luke ESB belt replacement. This is not typically my experience with Anovos. Normally I order and within 5 days it ships.

When I followed up with the vest, they said they had just gotten in a huge shipment of items in... that was ~3 weeks back. I got my vest 2 weeks back.

The CS rep for my Luke belt said yesterday that his notes said the belt should have shipped.

I wish WE were overwhelmed by stock arriving.

It would appear they are having shipping issues or they are overwhelmed by stock arriving. My xwing vest took a while to ship. And I just had to follow up about my Luke ESB belt replacement. This is not typically my experience with Anovos. Normally I order and within 5 days it ships.

When I followed up with the vest, they said they had just gotten in a huge shipment of items in... that was ~3 weeks back. I got my vest 2 weeks back.

The CS rep for my Luke belt said yesterday that his notes said the belt should have shipped.

There is an "update" on the Anovos site dated June 10th that Kylo costumes are still "on schedule" to deliver in Summer. Did anyone get this by email?

So I got the snowtrooper kit in yesterday. While I did a Facebook live unboxing, I didn't get any pictures yet (my phone died and had to go run errands).

I don't think there's much really to say about it. Seeing as I have handled one of the finished sets already, it's what I expected. It's interesting to see how deep some of the vacuum form pulls are. I don't see any flaws or bad pulls (I wouldn't expect it with industrial formers anyways)

Perhaps I didn't read the listing too carefully, but I was surprised that they included as much as they did. This included all the hardware to assemble it all, to include the dual lock fasteners for the backpack and everything in-between. In addition, this included all the greeblies for the chest plate, down to the light covers. One thing that was interesting was that both the ab disc and Slider knob were unpainted. Why this is surprising is that per my knowledge of the assembly behind the scenes, they were doing a method of casting those pieces with the paint material pre-added into the mold. I was told this caused many many failed castings. Could be wrong but that was 2nd information

In addition, they also included all the strapping material needed for the armor. I'm especially happy it included the wraps for the knee plates. While they're not entirely accurate (suppose to be elastic), what they have instead is a stretchy material much like under-armor, which allows you to remove and wash, which is something I'll be taking and using for my day to day trooping.

So I think the overall thing that surprised me was the lack of build instructions. While I personally have no need for it, I would feel another person with little to no experience of the snowtrooper costume may find themselves befuddled and really unsure about where to begin. Maybe instructions were offered on the anovos site? I'd have to look again. The provided instructions for the original stormtrooper armor kit, as well as for the snowtrooper helmet kit. Oh well.

So I plan to build this into a mannequin display on an accurate size body, build this as accurately as I can, head to toe. I'll augment this with both the backpack and helmet from RS props. Of course I'll be using an original slider knob and one of my original ab disc/thermostats, and original paints. I'll likely take the anovos backpack and make it for trooping purposes. I like the feature of the removable panel for true functionality.

OK, so paid my substantial UK import fees on an AT-ACT helmet to find visor damaged.

Anyone UK based had to return a damaged item to Anovos?

Getting it back isn’t the problem (I’m assuming they cover return postage fees on damaged items?), it’s having to pay (substantial) customs fees again on a replacement helmet.

If anyone’s got advice on the dilemma, I’d be interested to hear.
View attachment 827769View attachment 827770

I’m pretty sure if you explain the problem to you, they’d be happy to reimburse you for the fees. Especially if you have a receipt.

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure if you explain the problem to you, they’d be happy to reimburse you for the fees. Especially if you have a receipt.

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

Yeah, contacted them, and got an email saying they would ‘talk with the team about options’. Then it went quiet again.
Not exactly sure what there is to talk about, it’s either a replacement or a refund- no brainer really!
Good news is, they claim I won’t be required to pay second set of import charges, apparently.

Sorry, shipped in the US.
Are there some States where the tax wouldn’t be applied?

Thanks

Sales tax rate for the location of delivery would be applied to the purchase. I believe internet retailers are only required to charge sales tax if they have physical facility in the state where the shipment is going, and then it is up to the customer to declare and pay that tax. An exception to that would be Washington state where they have to no matter what. I have never heard of anyone actually saying “yes” when doing their taxes that they made internet purchases of which they still have to pay tax though. Consequently there is a push to require internet retailers to always charge tax, and some like Anovos apparently do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh just curious - the Anovos Shipping Calendar still says Spring/ Summer for Kylo costume delivery. Has anyone gotten theirs? I suspect we all would have heard here. It says "summer" on one page but "spring/summer" on another.

So after some time, Anovos got back to me and told me they’d send a replacement AT-ACT helmet (including paper work meaning I don’t pay customs charges again).

They did, however, want me to smash the damaged helmet to pieces:cry

A93F7EAB-523D-4C5E-95B8-C3C380C9A5CC.jpeg0E1E9050-A967-4B95-A455-69AC7BEE1CF2.jpeg6B87B539-4BB2-4681-AA90-A7DDD5AEAC3D.jpeg129A3958-C522-404E-AB02-1D6AC91D4CBC.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back