Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Hey @crabra commander ! I think "ridiculous" might be a bit strong a word there buddy. Slow that video down and frame by frame it my friend (starts at 1:31) and then compare it to known practical makeups.

Practical Chewie...
Chewbacca - 01.jpg

Practical Chewie...
Chewbacca - 02.jpg

Practical Chewie...
Chewbacca - 03.jpg

Practical Chewie...
Chewbacca - 04.jpg

Practical Chewie...
Chewbacca - 05.png

CGI Chewie...
Chewbacca - 06 - CGI.png

See the difference? I think it's just Lucasfilm trying to show off how good they are at CGI-ing characters. They're getting cocky because of what they were able to achieve in Rogue One (and even there we recognized the work as CGI, though we let it slide for the movie's sake). But just like the added Jabba's Palace Scenes with the CGI singers in ROTJ, I think they're showing they're not quite as good as they think they are. If I'm proven wrong thinking this is CGI and it's a practical makeup... it's the most CGI looking makeup I've ever seen. Maybe we'll find out once the Blu-Ray is released with "The Making Of" scenes in it? Until then, and even after then, it doesn't look real to me.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Ryan Johnson put the line "This is not going to go the way you think" in for the doubters?

I suspect that's Luke's Obi Wan moment:

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

You had me until "accidentally blew up the academy himself."

Hey seelsa73 ! How about this one, I knew I forgot one, just rethought it watching the Trailer Encore on ESPN a few minutes ago...

4. The voice at the begining that says "When I found you, I saw raw, untamed power. And beyond that something truly special." wasn't Snoke at all, but rather the Skywalker GRAFLEX talking to Rey about their first encounter at Maz's.

So, whatcha think? Any better than the end of #2? Good, bad, made ya laugh? I'm tryin' really hard here to get The Wook to give me some SWIQ Points. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that when Luke says "this isn't going to go the way you think", it's to Kylo before opening up a can of Jedi whoop-ass. I could do away with the shimmering silver crystallized foxes, a bit too fantastical (and yes, it's not lost on me Star Wars is a fantasy). Felt out of place, like it belonged in LOTR.

No way Rey ever turns to the dark side, she may be tempted and might struggle, but Disney has turned her into a role model for little girls everywhere, no way that happens.

Looking forward to this though............glad I checked the theater website early before the game started, got primo seats dead center in the theater for the Thursday first showing!

I think that's either Luke vs. Knights of Ren or Snoke.

I don't really have a problem with the wolves. We've seen weirder SW animals!

Rey is falling for the bad boy. Then she will go to her friend zoned guy friend and complain to him about how she has such bad luck with guys... :lol

I hope they aren't trying to sideline Luke with the comment about (Rey & Kylo?) him only one other time seeing such power (something like that). Being Anakin's son, Luke should still be the most powerful Force user in the galaxy since the Emperor. I don't want the wonder twins to one up him.

One thing I would like to see, but probably won't is Luke using Yoda's power against Force Lightning. We know he can still talk to Yoda, so that would make sense that Yoda would teach him that. You know since he never said "Away throw your lightsaber you should not. Dark Side lightning, block it will." before facing the Emperor. Yes Yoda was older, but Luke should, I would think, pick up things fast like his dad.

I also would like to thank Lucasfilm and whatever god was at work that stopped them from making the gorilla walkers walk like gorillas!

I suspect that's Luke's Obi Wan moment: "You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

OH! I sure hope not! I don't want to see Luke die in this movie! And hopefully not in Episode IX either.

I SUPER don't want to see Force Ghost Luke portrayed by Mark Hamill in any Star Wars movie. That way theres's no chance for Force Ghost Luke to be portrayed by Aidan Barton in a Special Edition remake of the scene! ;)

I hope it's akin to azheat01 's thought stream of "it's to Kylo before opening up a can of Jedi whoop-ass."

Okay, so Luke says "This is not going to go the way you think" in an underground waterfall grotto.
A few seconds later, we see Rey confront Luke in an underground waterfall grotto.
I think he might be talking to Rey...
Also...
When he says "I've seen this power before. I didn't fear it enough then. I do now."
He's talking to Rey, and he's talking about Rey.
Luke's afraid of her.
OhmyGAWD I can't wait to see this movie!

Just bought 3 tickets to the 7 o'clock show on the 14th. It took a second or two, but I had no problems with Fandango.
I'm hoping the trailer is full of misdirection.

Is the trailer spoiling anything you wouldn't like to know after you've seen it now?

No this isn't a DC / Marvel movie trailer where most of the plot is spoiled, you actually see VERY VERY little.
If this trailer spoiled something for anyone you should just give up on movies etc :)

Hey JonnieLP ! I don't know, but I am afraid to look at The Last Jedi's IMDB page. I'm worried that I might see, or not see an actor in there and that that knowledge might give away a secret I would want kept solely for seeing it in the movie.

Like, do I look up Lupita Nyong'o to see if Maz is in Episode VIII or IX? I would love to see more Maz, BUT I DON'T WANT TO KNOW IF SHE'S IN THE MOVIES until I see them for myself!!!! So I'm staying way away from IMDB as far as those two movies are concerned.

Ok guys can someone quote my post and reply so I don’t watch get spoiled.

Should I watch this or does it reveal too much of the story?

Basically did they do exactly what they did for TFA? I am cool with that, I’m just afraid of a ep3 trailer all over again

All I keep seeing is Bryan’s post “holy bleep”

So it’s gotta be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to be good. This is actually in my opinion one of the better trailers of the last few years where plotpoints are not at all spoiled. You just get bits and pieces mostly glimpses but nothing major! Seriously I think people saying this spoiled too much are just trolling for the sake of it. It's basically just glimpses of all the characters from TFA and pokemon.
You'll be fine!

I am a bit bummed about the soundtrack. Looks like they went with a remixed score again just like the TFA trailer. Which sucks because the track from the soundtrack was one of the better ones I had heard.

The only being Luke should be saying that about is himself.

Sorry, man - I disagree.
Luke was a farm boy who was in over his head - and he knew it.
He was never the "strongest jedi in the galaxy" - he gambled, and got lucky.
He never even completed his training before he squared off with Vader - and he sure as heck wasn't counting on the Emperor being there.
He botched his Han rescue on Tatooine, and if he hadn't been semi-smart enough to put an ace up his sleeve (a lightsaber in R2) he'd have lost, and he and his friends would have been dead.
Luke didn't use "jedi strength" to defeat the Emperor - he gambled. On love.
Love saved the day in ROTJ - not "jedi skillzz".

Man... this trailer did not do for me what the trailers from the last movie did.
I didn't have that goosebumps or anything.
They didn't play a Beastie Boys Sabotage in it... so there's that much to be happy about. :/

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back