Blade Runner Blaster (?) in new death note movie

Wow, that sucker is cool. It's just enough love for the BR blaster, and enough it's own thing. Looking forward to seeing it in action. I'll have to give the movie a looksee tonight.

Looks built off a S&W. This fused with Luv's pistol would have made a great follow up to the original blaster IMO. And I'm not even a K-blaster hater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should have been the gun. how can a netflix show have more prop vision than a big block bluster movie?

Yup.... one of mine too. Lol Yes, we're all blade runner fans. I built this gun before the new blade runner guns were being designed. We beat them to the punch... so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -
sean

Because Netflix let me build for them and after years of being in contact with Alcon, the studio decided to run with someone else. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this design. More Details please.

Real gun with shroud? Pfc replica? machined? cast? cgi?

You know if you arrange a run of these we will ALL buy one...

userd1402

The base gun is one of my custom PFCs. Not a off the shelf gun. It's 100% practical effects. I did not want any post edit involved. I supplied around 1000 rounds of various effects plugs to get the effects we wanted..... like smoke, flames, sparks, etc. I also modded the shells. I built the thing in Solidworks and printed the masters in a high performance resin (not standard stuff but resin I've been helping a company develop) because my stuff has to widthstand use plus blanks. Since we were filming in Washington and Vancouver, I could use a live fire... we needed to be able to legal go across the boarder. The coating is a automotive type chroming system I use. There are also blue chrome accents on the gun as well. There is some machining as well for some of the parts that needed to be metal.... like some internal parts, barrel, etc. The bottom barrel actually isn't a barrel but a high tech module... laser, camera, etc. That removes so I can have access to the battery and electronics.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions. I had made myself an extra because it was one of my faves I built. However, the prop master asked for another one later on so I sold him it as well. I'm kicking myself now because I wonder if they even needed it or if he loved it so much he wanted it.

Yeah.... funny how man blasters ive done in my career. I should be known as "Master Blaster" instead of KCP Studio. Lol What do you need off diggle's gun?

RexKramer

Because after years of communicating with Alcon Entertainment and staying on top of it because I wanted to build Ford's and Gossling's guns, the studio peeps decided to run with someone else. I guess nobody thought that maybe a huge BR fan from the industry could do better. It's not like BR is my all time favorite film. I even had an event of mine helping. Even got my work in front of the powers that be over at Ford Productions. Can't say I didn't try!

- - - Updated - - -

.... yes, BR is my all time favorite film!!!!

Wow...

they passed on what I can only imagine would've been an incredible blaster. The Gossling blaster just doesn't do the trick.

also, I'm drooling to have this :lol

Yeah.... funny how man blasters ive done in my career. I should be known as "Master Blaster" instead of KCP Studio. Lol What do you need off diggle's gun?

Just a nice shot of it! I grabbed a low res from instagram. Does it have a base or is it all custom?

Custom PFCs... tell me more :) Where are you located out of? Awesome work!

@userd1402

The base gun is one of my custom PFCs. Not a off the shelf gun. It's 100% practical effects. I did not want any post edit involved. I supplied around 1000 rounds of various effects plugs to get the effects we wanted..... like smoke, flames, sparks, etc. I also modded the shells. I built the thing in Solidworks and printed the masters in a high performance resin (not standard stuff but resin I've been helping a company develop) because my stuff has to widthstand use plus blanks. Since we were filming in Washington and Vancouver, I could use a live fire... we needed to be able to legal go across the boarder. The coating is a automotive type chroming system I use. There are also blue chrome accents on the gun as well. There is some machining as well for some of the parts that needed to be metal.... like some internal parts, barrel, etc. The bottom barrel actually isn't a barrel but a high tech module... laser, camera, etc. That removes so I can have access to the battery and electronics.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions. I had made myself an extra because it was one of my faves I built. However, the prop master asked for another one later on so I sold him it as well. I'm kicking myself now because I wonder if they even needed it or if he loved it so much he wanted it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back