Blade Runner Blaster (?) in new death note movie

mrcarkeys42

The trailer for Netflix's Death Note film came out today. There was a quick closeup shot of a gun firing and i recognized it, looks like it was heavily inspired by the blade runner gun

Doesn't really mean anything, just thought it was cool. Will be neat to see what the whole thing looks like when the movie is out.

death note blaster.PNG

haha I was too! I immediately paused it and went back for a screen-grab when I saw that. The overall shape of the gun is one thing but the red lights and everything?? I wonder what the story is here. Looks like a cool homage

If i had to guess it was probably as simple as the guys in the prop department were blade runner fans so decided to pay homage, cant say i blame them. Looks cool! also kind of reminds me of the new gosling blaster with the second barrel (or at least barrel looking thing lol)

Yup, I saw that too and chuckled. Blade Runner just keeps on inspiring artists.

And I agree with Mark, that looks much cooler than Goslings muffler gun.

While i tend to agree, the only picture we have of the gosling gun is small, dark, and obscured. (unless more images have been released since then, i havent been keeping up) so ill wait til i know what the whole thing looks like before i make a judgment.

While i tend to agree, the only picture we have of the gosling gun is small, dark, and obscured. (unless more images have been released since then, i havent been keeping up) so ill wait til i know what the whole thing looks like before i make a judgment.

I've seen and handled the stunt version of Goslings gun and its underwhelming IMO. Its not the one we've seen in the trailers but it is the one pictured in the early pic of Harry and Ridley that Noeland posted above...

M

Last edited by a moderator:
John "Spartan" Diggle from Arrow carries a custom pistol that takes a lot of inspiration from the PKD. In fact imfdb.org wrongly has a PKD shown for Johns gun.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back