heavily Modified Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster

If you keep your eye on Ebay, they tend to show up at decent prices. I got two of them on January. one for $9 and the other one for $29. There is a ton of priceless information over at the propsummit but I'm glad to see my builds sparking more interest around this neck of the woods, as well as other truly amazing builds by other members!

I'll have some more updates, hopefully before the end of the week. Nothing huge but its always awesome to add more real found parts to these beauties.

look up: U.S. Army Signal Corps Field Phone ww II EE 8-B

​8 Hours left and starting bid is $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got three of these off eBay...

$_12.JPG

Usually you can find semi-accurate by looking up "vintage binding post" or just "binding post" in vintage electronics on eBay. They're just connection terminals for radios and stuff. So you'd stick the wire through the slot, then tighten it down to secure the connection. When it was first discovered somebody found a vintage radio repair website I think with a bunch of 'em and snagged the whole lot :( The one Anders has is the closest I've seen to the real thing for sure. Just seems to be those bottom teeth that are missing. Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually you can find semi-accurate by looking up "vintage binding post" or just "binding post" in vintage electronics on eBay. They're just connection terminals for radios and stuff. So you'd stick the wire through the slot, then tighten it down to secure the connection. When it was first discovered somebody found a vintage radio repair website I think with a bunch of 'em and snagged the whole lot :( The one Anders has is the closest I've seen to the real thing for sure. Just seems to be those bottom teeth that are missing. Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my catch! Been looking for accurate ones for ages... they're missing the teeth but I can live with that :D

So did you Perma-blu right over the slightly blackened zinc receiver? Or did you strip it back down to the zinc again first?

Unfortunately, due to a personal and serious health situation I had to let go of the second Tomenosuke. With everything that was going on at the moment I forgot to post pictures of the end result here, but I'm assuming a lot of you saw this one up at the Junkyard for sale.

I polished the receiver to a mirror surface and re-blued again. Keeping the entire Receiver looking like a mirror and bluing was a bit of a challenge and I had to re-do it at least 3 times, but I gotta say the results were amazing and I am truly sad to have had to let this one go. I'm hoping I can recreate this look on another Tomen before the fall if I can get a hold of one of the new 2049 models. :)

lovely work on this mod... just recently received my assembly kit in the post, but the instructions for bluing the zinc alloy parts is not clear, can anyone be of any help? I have Birchwood Aluminium Black solution and Tamiya Compound Finish for polishing... just wanted to know how to apply these products properly before I start

May be a daft question but is it feasible to create stripping / weathering on a built blaster? Brand new to this and the assembled Tome 2049 model is sitting looking at me...

Unfortunately, due to a personal and serious health situation I had to let go of the second Tomenosuke. With everything that was going on at the moment I forgot to post pictures of the end result here, but I'm assuming a lot of you saw this one up at the Junkyard for sale.
I polished the receiver to a mirror surface and re-blued again. Keeping the entire Receiver looking like a mirror and bluing was a bit of a challenge and I had to re-do it at least 3 times, but I gotta say the results were amazing and I am truly sad to have had to let this one go. I'm hoping I can recreate this look on another Tomen before the fall if I can get a hold of one of the new 2049 models. :)
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/juan7fernandez/IMG_2936.jpg
Wow thats a beauty! I love the police edition. Great job!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back