Falcon3Dparts details upgrade set for Zvezda/Revell's 1/2700th Star Destroyer model

Andrew C.

Have been photographing and posting an up-close look of these well designed & finely printed aftermarket detail parts on fb. Thought I'd share them here, as well.

Falcon3Dparts dome comparison.jpg Falcon3Dparts engine large.jpg Falcon3Dparts engine small.jpg Falcon3Dparts garbage chute.jpg AC Zvezda SD detailing 02.jpg

In case you are interested in getting these, too: this and more available from www.falcon3dparts.com
(And they have excellent, hassle-free service, I might add.)

Re: Falcon3Dparts details upgrade set for Zvezda/Revell's 1/2700th Star Destroyer mo

I heartily agree - I have a pair of Imperial twins on the go at present - here they are with and without the Falcon 3D printed sexy parts added

DSCF7253.JPG

DSCF7218.JPG

DSCF7225.JPG

DSCF7254.JPG

DSCF7251.JPG

DSCF7257.JPG

DSCF7217.JPG

DSCF7216.JPG

DSCF7221.JPG

DSCF7258.JPG

sexy stuff or what...

Re: Falcon3Dparts details upgrade set for Zvezda/Revell's 1/2700th Star Destroyer mo

What's with the "lids" (or "caps") on the 3D-printed main engine bells?

What's with the "lids" (or "caps") on the 3D-printed main engine bells?

Those are simply cut off before gluing the bells onto the rear bulkhead. You'd freak out if you saw the growth supports on the other parts...

5F41k9u.jpg

xxUe2bg.jpg

WqjHspd.jpg

I was wondering about that. It's actually a very clever solution. Normally, supports would have to be all over either the inside or the outside of a shape like this. Doing it the way he did, that almost eliminates most of the supports. Very clever!

I'd love to see an edge-on pic of the bell before the "lid" is cut off.

I was going to leave mine stock, but after seeing the details on those engine bells I am now thinking of getting a set of those also.

Here's a closer picture of the inserted garbage chute upgrade part, which really gives a nice depth to it, I think.

AC Zvezda SD detailing 03.jpg

I was wondering about that. It's actually a very clever solution. Normally, supports would have to be all over either the inside or the outside of a shape like this. Doing it the way he did, that almost eliminates most of the supports. Very clever!

I'd love to see an edge-on pic of the bell before the "lid" is cut off.

They are not lids. They are the base, that the bell was attached to for printing. The ring of dots is where the base connected to the bottom of the bell (via resin pillars).

You can see them attached to their bases here:

http://www.falcon3dparts.com/sd_upgrade/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back