TWA Moonliner ready for lift-off...

I have the masterpiece models edition and it comes with the base, photoetch grates, and partial parts for the railing. Unless the kit has changed recently.

Nice! Thank you for the information. You mention partial parts for the railing. Do I need purchase additional parts from somewhere else to finish the railing?

Thanks

I have the masterpiece models edition and it comes with the base, photoetch grates, and partial parts for the railing. Unless the kit has changed recently.

I bought one of these off eBay a few years ago and it came with resin posts for the railing. They were junk and I made new ones from brass tubing. The actual railings were a pain, because I can't bend metal in a perfect circle. I had a friend make it for me because he had the tools to do it right.

This is a great model and sits proudly in my collection.

-Eric

Nice! Thank you for the information. You mention partial parts for the railing. Do I need purchase additional parts from somewhere else to finish the railing?

Thanks

Best explained in their instructions:

http://masterpiecemodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Moonliner-Instructions.pdf

You'll need to build the railing by curving styrene into a circle, which is less than ideal. Using a found part of the correct diameter (or doing what hdtheater did) is probably the better way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I know your not much of a 50's era scifi guy, but I think the War of the World war machine by Pegasus would look nice in your room, I too I'm not much into the 50's but I have one in my collection and IMHO a must if your into classic scifi ships.

GFollano

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back