*** 2012 Secret Santa Sign-up - SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED ***

Michael Bergeron

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ho Ho Ho!

The Holiday season is almost upon us and to celebrate I've gotten the go ahead to host a Secret Santa gift exchange once again. No matter what you celebrate at this time of year you're welcome to join us in the spirit of giving! Anyone who wishes to join must let me know by posting in this thread by NOVEMBER 1ST so that I can get everyone matched so that they can get their gifts out in time.

Here are the rules:

1. There are no requirements to join this gift exchange. Any member of the RPF may participate. HOWEVER, by joining you are agreeing to both give and receive a gift. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to send your gift please let me know immediately so that I can arrange a work around. People who do not send gifts have in past been banned. It's not worth it for a $20 gift! PLEASE only join if you are going to participate.

2. When you sign up you must state whether you wish to ship domestically or internationally (please include what country is "domestic" in your post). In your post you're also free to include your interests and a wish list to help your gift giver with ideas. By all means post "wishful thinking" wants but also put some realistic ideas in there too.

3. Although there is no limit to the cost of gift you are encouraged to keep your gifts at about the $20 range. Creativity will undoubtedly be appreciated by your recipient! Something handmade with $20 worth of materials can be worth more than spending $100 at a store. You are of course able to send a gift of any value if you like but understand that what you receive will likely be in this range.

4. I will keep a list of names updated on this thread - please PM me if you are interested and include your address in the PM - When I draw names I will send the Secret Santa his or her recipient's details. The person you send a gift to will not necessarily be the person that sends you a gift. IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE ADDRESSES please use the one that you will be at for the holidays. Better for your parcel to arrive early and be held for you than have it sit on the step for a couple weeks waiting for you to get back from your parent's place.

5. NEW! Domestic gifts must be in the mail by December 15th. International should be sooner than that. If you don't want me harassing you please post a note saying that you've shipped either in this thread or via PM to me. If you need to push this deadline back a little bit you must contact me. It is still your responsibility to get the gift to your recipient on time.

6. NEW! A gift will be considered "lost" if it doesn't arrive by the end of the first week of January. If your package had tracking you are not responsible and a new Santa will be provided. If your package did not have tracking you will have to send another gift.

TRACKING: Tracking is not mandatory but if you DO use tracking you are not responsible should the recipient not receive their gift. If you choose not to get your gift tracked that's fine but if the gift doesn't arrive you're still on the hook for it. Last time I think we only had one or two in which this rule would have applied. This way you can still mail it any way you want but you know where you stand depending on the shipping method.

7. Although this is a "Secret" Santa you are more than welcome to let your recipient know who you are if you'd like to.

Finally, not a rule but in the spirit of this exchange please give a "thank you" in this thread to your Secret Santa and let us know what you received. Not only is it the polite thing to do but it lets your Santa and myself know that everything went smoothly.

Here's hoping for another successful year!

Participants:

1. Orange_Blend - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
2. The Next Doctor - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
3. Nobby - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
4. dbalschi - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
5. EyeofSauron - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
6. frosty - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
7. tonykch - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
8. NormanF - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
9. Kevin Gossett - SHIPPED - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
10. MooCriket - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
11. tibberon25 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
12. Beechy McFly - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
13. epilepticsquirl - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
14. DB537 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
15. Mockle - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
16. bigjustin12 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
17. Contec - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
18. JasonCash - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
19. -SUPERMAN- -
20. poormansjb - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
21. Bizarro Lois - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
22. Luke0312 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
23. mAGICmAN42420 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
24. jaakub - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
25. Harkonan Nebula - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
26. Pitbull - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
27. vistaVision - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
28. Serenity - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
29. Kitty Butler - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
30. Finhead - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
31. weaselhammer - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
32. Biggeek1972 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
33. Indy Magnoli - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
34. jedi5150 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
35. ooSuperman23 - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
36. TazVader - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
37. slimesquare - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
38. Donberto17 - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
39. madmanmoe64 - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
40. ThatAnnoyingDog - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
41. GBrittelleJr - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
42. laserpistol76 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
43. TJack - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
44. Azrok - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
45. Pobbrett - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
46. Fierfek - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
47. Caveneau - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
48. CaptainWales - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
49. Cmdr.Kerner - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
50. steveo - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
51. irishamericanlad - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
52. vader1974 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
53. Interceptor6 - RECEIVED - SHIPPED
54. Stencil - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
55. Prince NEO - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
56. Sporak - SHIPPED - SHIPPED
57. bobatrek - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
58. joeranger - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
59. familyman - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
60. Funky Jedi - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
61. wuher da brewer - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
62. Lando - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
63. Fuzzual - SHIPPED- RECEIVED
64. Jathoris - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
65. shaunsheep - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
66. DrLASR -
67. AlexKrychk - SHIPPED - RECEIVED
68. Bootlegger137 - SHIPPED - RECEIVED

Last edited:
Re: *** 2012 SECRET SANTA SIGN-UP - Nov. 1st Deadline ***

Please make sure you read ALL the rules this year and are clear on the new expectations. Most of all though, let's have some fun! :D:thumbsup

Im in!!!
Shipping Internationally :D

most sci-fi including (but not limited to): Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica (new and old), Fringe, Continuum, Firefly, Judge Dredd, Stargate (except Universe :)), Red Dwarf, Warehouse 13, Farscape, Dr Who............ well you get the idea!
Also things like Harry Potter, A Nightmare On Elm Street (new and original), Friday the 13th, Indiana Jones
(not really into obscure paper props, but if they get a bit of screen time that's fine - I have a wonderful Hook note and BTTF letter from EoS :))

Last edited:

I'm in-Prefer to ship domestic-United States but willing to ship to Canada as well

Interests at the moment include Doctor Who, BTTF, Ghostbusters, Star Wars OT, and Indiana Jones.

Last edited:

im in as well :D prefer European, but if theres an uneven number or something, i would ship internationally if necessary
Interests:
Superheros(marvel, dc, but also game stuff like Halo), Iconic movie/TV items(harry potter, Star wars, fifth element, ghostbusters, dredd, dr. who, etc).
no toys/figurines pls, i dont know what to do with them as im not a fan of those

Last edited:

I'm in again, domestic please
interests are star wars( including figures,) new who, ghostbusters, indy, horror, jaws, red dwarf,jim henson,

Last edited:
You already know that I am in. Prefer domestic shipping, but can be persuaded otherwise.

Interests: Doctor Who, Star Wars, Serenity / Firefly, Professor Rubbertoe's Killer Watches ( figured that gives a idea of designs and such) or suprise me.

Wishlist:

Professor Rubbertoe Watch from DC
Transtemporal Sonic Screwdriver
Doctor Who stuff in general
Watch OrangeBlend squee when there are no absent Santas this year.

And yes Virginia, there is such thing as The Next Doctor.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

In! Prefer domestic (US), but if you need someone for international I can help out.

Interests: Hellboy, BTTF, Doctor Who (the more recent stuff), and Horror. I love creepy, strange, and unusual things! Or surprise me!

Last edited:
Count me in. I prefer North America, but I can do international. Except Cuba. I don't want the ghost of JFK coming after me.

Just a few of my interests are original Star Trek, Doctor Who (old school is better), Super Marionation, and Space 1999. I'm pretty open to anything, but you might have to tell me what it is and from.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

I get to participate this year!

Shipping to US/ Canada, but willing to ship I internationally if needed.

My prop focus is Marvel/Avengers, and some Star Wars, Lord of the Rings :thumbsup

Last edited:

All added. REMEMBER TO PM ME YOUR ADDRESSES!

Also, if you need domestic please specify what country you're in. I know Frosty's in the UK but if I hadn't I would have assumed USA and he would be very cross with me. ;)

Oh ya, I should do one of these too!

I'm in for international. :D

My interests are vast but I'm very careful now about what I collect. I'm generally limited to:

- Star Wars OT only
- Star Trek TOS
- Star Trek TNG
- Doctor Who (both classic & new)
- BTTF
- Ghostbusters
- Indiana Jones (Raiders & Last Crusade mostly)
- James Bond

I reserve the right to expand this post further later. ;)

Last edited:

I'm in again. Domestic. Wish list:

Ghostbusters

BTTF

Star Trek (all)

Transformers (80's cartoon series)

Batman (all)

Superman (all)

The Greatest American Hero

V (the 80's sic fi series)

Big Trouble In Little China

Thanks OB for making this happen again.

Im in as well. Domestic List.

Wish List is

BATMAN (all)
AVENGERS (all)
Doctor Who
Comic Books
Cobra

Last edited:

Definitely in again.. Prefer Domestic, but can do International..

You can always check out my Collection thread where you can see what I have and collect.. But generally into:

Harry Potter ( All )
Back to the Future ( All )
Indiana Jones ( All )
National Treasure ( All )
Jurassic Park ( All )
Fifth Element
X - Files

You know you can count me in my Canadian friend!

Prefer domestic North America; but if there's an odd man out it's not a problem.
You can also sign me up as a backup Santa just like last year :thumbsup

My interests:
NuBSG
Star Trek
Iron Man
Avengers

Man these years have flown by!

You can also sign me up as a backup Santa just like last year :thumbsup

This year I have faith that we won't need backup Santas. I think that we all know better...that and O_B as made some friends that used to be in the "aggressive collections" industry. I think he said that their firm was called, Scaroltti, Mangletti, and Kickurbuttovich.

But if needed sign me up to be a backup Santa.

I'm in. Prefer US/Canada, but can ship international if needed.

Interests: BTTF, Star Trek, Batman, Indiana Jones

All in :thumbsup

Domestic (US), UK, Canada,Europe..

Interests: IRONMAN

This year I have faith that we won't need backup Santas. I think that we all know better...that and O_B as made some friends that used to be in the "aggressive collections" industry. I think he said that their firm was called, Scaroltti, Mangletti, and Kickurbuttovich.

But if needed sign me up to be a backup Santa.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm going to run with the assumption that there will always be a couple bad apples so we'll prepare for that. :)

That said you never know! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back