wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

all new transition box has been made. the metal holder for the hood is not cast into this piece giving you the ability to take the part off the kalimar and put it on.

the first two pics are of the metal holder screwed into place, this part is not included

any one that is interested pm me :D

IMG_4565[2].JPG IMG_4566[1].JPG IMG_4567[1].JPG IMG_4568[1].JPG IMG_4569[1].JPG

Last edited:
any one looking for the female plug, here is new info

I don't think this is the worst option, but maybe the best yet if some one is looking for just the female parts?I followed the u-matic rout to see where it go for the components, I came across the jvc line. like sony they made some small tv monitors, just less money.ive been able to get a couple for around $40-$50 shipped.j
vc tm22u
jvc tm41eg

there are plenty of these out there. better deals could be made depending on your location. ive seen adds on CL in vanc. bc for 12 of them for $150.

it would be great if some one in that area could get them and offer them to the group.....just a thought

be carefull there are two different female metal casings being used on these, one is square while others are the more "correct" rounded corner version

wrong version
no no no.jpg

correct version
yes.jpg

I kinda want to know who made the black version of the plug. Might give us another lead to chase down...

I can’t believe nobody has a box of these on a shelf somewhere >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have a black one from a jvc tm22u, but it was cooked by a ton of solder by whom ever soldered it :(

IMG_4599[1].JPG IMG_4598[1].JPG

this is a green female, it has dnd on it

IMG_4600[1].JPG

I kinda want to know who made the black version of the plug. Might give us another lead to chase down...

I can’t believe nobody has a box of these on a shelf somewhere >_<

I have to say, Jerry has again made a great replica, and I'm glad I have one.

(I wasn't paid for this endorsement)

all new transition box has been made. the metal holder for the hood is not cast into this piece giving you the ability to take the part off the kalimar and put it on.

the first two pics are of the metal holder screwed into place, this part is not included

any one that is interested pm me :D

View attachment 776842 View attachment 776843 View attachment 776844 View attachment 776845 View attachment 776846

So the known list of manufacturers of this type of connector that we know of are: Hirose (HRS), Honda, and BMK. I can’t find much info on them so far. I found one BMK, but it says they incorporated in 1994, so that’s not right. Frustrating that Hirose are the only ones we can find any preserved documentation for!

these monitors were made in 1989 maybe some parts are still out there?

So the known list of manufacturers of this type of connector that we know of are: Hirose (HRS), Honda, and BMK. I can’t find much info on them so far. I found one BMK, but it says they incorporated in 1994, so that’s not right. Frustrating that Hirose are the only ones we can find any preserved documentation for!

so now that we have to correct box, I would like to point out the screws and nuts in this pic.
I think this is pos. proof.

View attachment 779644 View attachment 779643

I see a shadow in this photo that looks like a nut and a screw.

IMO that's what it should look like, w/ the large spring steel release clip and the circuit board.
I think the red we see on the part is wire wrapped around the leads, like Seneca did.
If they were bare metal, I think the reflection's hue would be more yellow, not red.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back