Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Thanks to Buzby ID'ing the base holster and rig!!! I believe I found a website which still has them in stock for $100 shipped:

http://www.copquest.com/safariland-safariland-1090-gun-quick-shoulder-holster_23-2604.htm
Have you tried ordering from there? I don't think it was that popular for it to held in stock. Some online stores will have all the items in Safariland's catalogue available to order but not actually in stock - if you order it they will then try to order it from Safariland. In CopQuest's case, if the page doesn't have a green 'In Stock' icon on it, they don't have the item in stock and will try to order it from the supplier. Unfortunately I think that's the case for the 1090 Gun Quick - there's no 'In Stock' icon on the page (which is the case for most of the Safariland items, they don't hold much in stock due to the vast combination of fitments and gun models they cater for)
http://www.copquest.com/availability_23.htm
Rogers Uniforms shows it as being in stock:
http://www.rogersuniforms.com/gun-quick-/49460/p

Last edited:
Found a better picture of the Safariland 1090 for comparison to the film version.

SAF1090-140-2.wm.jpg

It looks like there's been some heavy modification.

shoulderholstermod1.jpg

This whole end plate has been cut open with an aperture for the dual K blaster barrels, seen below.

blade_gallery2barrels.jpg

As for the sides on the original:

SAF1090-140-23.jpg

And the film prop:

DSCN87002.jpg

It looks like the the majority of the holster has been completely reworked and the spring has been replaced with a bar that holds the gun in place.

Absolutely no chance the K blaster will fit this holster in it's factory state then.

Attachments

• SAF1090-140-2.wm.jpg
    SAF1090-140-2.wm.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 143
  • shoulderholster.jpg
    shoulderholster.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 114
The spring on the holster is definitely there in the scene where K is in Joshi's office

It looks like there's been some heavy modification.
This whole end plate has been cut open with an aperture for the dual K blaster barrels, seen below.

View attachment 774390
Way back when I first started posting about the holster I said the muzzle end was an aluminium plate with 2 plastic half-cups attached to it. After working out it was based off the 1090 it's clear the muzzle end end cup of the holster has been cut in two and attached to an aluminium plate to accommodate the wider oval muzzle of K's blaster.
As for the sides on the original:

View attachment 774391

And the film prop:

View attachment 774392

It looks like the the majority of the holster has been completely reworked and the spring has been replaced with a bar that holds the gun in place.

Absolutely no chance the K blaster will fit this holster in it's factory state then.

As @Sundowner pointed out, in the scene in Joshi's office the spring loop can clearly be seen on the holster,
View attachment 770808View attachment 770802
This was probably the 'hero' holster.. In the post where I IDed the source I pointed out that due to K's blaster not having a curved beaver fail on the grip frame, drawing it from the holster probably wasn't very smooth. The holster photographed for the WIRED article and displayed at SDCC appears to be a 'stunt' holster, modified to make the blaster easier to draw. The spring loop has been removed and there appears to be a wide fabric sling (possibly elasticated or lycra) attached to the side rails that holds the blaster into the holster under the trigger guard.

The point of getting hold of the original holster is that it will give the pattern for the leather parts and elasticated straps which can be reproduced when the correct replacement material can be identified (which is proving very difficult - I've lost count of the neoprene suppliers catalogues,scuba suits, camera straps, rifle slings and horse tack that I've looked at) . It will also give patterns for the moulded parts from the original holster that can then be modified.

Last edited:
Way back when I first started posting about the holster I said the muzzle end was an aluminium plate with 2 plastic half-cups attached to it. After working out it was based off the 1090 it's clear the muzzle end end cup of the holster has been cut in two and attached to an aluminium plate to accommodate the wider oval muzzle of K's blaster.

As @Sundowner pointed out, in the scene in Joshi's office the spring loop can clearly be seen on the holster,
View attachment 770808View attachment 770802
This was probably the 'hero' holster.. In the post where I IDed the source I pointed out that due to K's blaster not having a curved beaver fail on the grip frame, drawing it from the holster probably wasn't very smooth. The holster photographed for the WIRED article and displayed at SDCC appears to be a 'stunt' holster, modified to make the blaster easier to draw. The spring loop has been removed and there appears to be a wide fabric sling (possibly elasticated or lycra) attached to the side rails that holds the blaster into the holster under the trigger guard.

The point of getting hold of the original holster is that it will give the pattern for the leather parts and elasticated straps which can be reproduced when the correct replacement material can be identified (which is proving very difficult - I've lost count of the neoprene suppliers catalogues,scuba suits, camera straps, rifle slings and horse tack that I've looked at) . It will also give patterns for the moulded parts from the original holster that can then be modified.

Just looked through all the images again and you're right. Forgive my lack of knowledge on holsters, i'm only going on what I see. Holsters aren't common over here in the UK for obvious reasons, unless you're a police officer or airsofter. For the same reason, it'd be nigh on impossible for me to acquire a 1090 over here (they're not illegal to buy or own, just impossible to source) so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed that somebody does a SA run at some point and is kind enough to send me one.

As for the neoprene the furthest I got was 'diamond embossed neoprene' also known as 'shark skin textured,' but couldn't ID anything in the right color.

Diamond-skin-neoprene-fabric-coated-t-cloth.jpg

If I find anything better i'll let you know.

Just looked through all the images again and you're right. Forgive my lack of knowledge on holsters, i'm only going on what I see. Holsters aren't common over here in the UK for obvious reasons, unless you're a police officer or airsofter. For the same reason, it'd be nigh on impossible for me to acquire a 1090 over here (they're not illegal to buy or own, just impossible to source) so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed that somebody does a SA run at some point and is kind enough to send me one.
I'm in the UK too ;)
As for the neoprene the furthest I got was 'diamond embossed neoprene' also known as 'shark skin textured,' but couldn't ID anything in the right color.

View attachment 774478

If I find anything better i'll let you know.

Seen that one far too much! The pattern on screen-used straps has the lines raised rather than the diamonds though (and they are squares rather than diamonds):
strap pattern.jpg
It actually looks like a weave pattern, as you can see all the lines in one direction being raised as the intersect the lines going in the other direction. I've been looking at neoprene-coated fibreglass cloth (which would make sense, as the glass fibre would resist the elastic properties of neoprene) but not found any with that exact pattern yet.

I'm in the UK too ;)

Seen that one far too much! The pattern on screen-used straps has the lines raised rather than the diamonds though (and they are squares rather than diamonds):
View attachment 774483
It actually looks like a weave pattern, as you can see all the lines in one direction being raised as the intersect the lines going in the other direction. I've been looking at neoprene-coated fibreglass cloth (which would make sense, as the glass fibre would resist the elastic properties of neoprene) but not found any with that exact pattern yet.

Is this the fabric?

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 12.57.40 PM.png

If so, it's called "Black Nylon Oxford Fabric, diamond style."

The problem is that I can only find it in China, like this site here:

http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Quanzhou-Xinhui/6008829694069/pdtl/Nylon-Fabric/1078841369.htm

This definitely looks like it to me. Could possibly be ballistic nylon?
Although you say diamonds, this is definitely the square pattern.

Ballistic nylon is not usually raised. Yea, it's square, but called "diamond" because it's at an angle to the direction of the cloth. Square, in fabrics, is when the sides line up with the pattern.
"Diamond" is also what you need to use as a search term.
This fabric is used a lot in things like tennis shoes.
I know waaaaay more about this than I ever wanted to, I'm a fashion photographer (I shoot for Adidas locally, among others). LOL

Last edited:
Is this the fabric?

View attachment 774658

If so, it's called "Black Nylon Oxford Fabric, diamond style."

The problem is that I can only find it in China, like this site here:

http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Quanzhou-Xinhui/6008829694069/pdtl/Nylon-Fabric/1078841369.htm

It's more commonly known as Ripstop Nylon (the woven squares of thicker threads are there to act as reinforcement and stop any tears from progressing) and was originally developed for use in parachutes and sails, and is found in lots of outdoor clothing and equipment due to it's abrasion resistance.

I'd also looked at this too as it produces a similar square weave pattern, but disocunted it as you can't see any evidence of the lower denier threads between the grid on the strap. Also, there's clearly some form of foam there as in ofther shots of the strap at the seam between the two pieces where the elasticated strap is attached you can see the stitching is having a 'quilting' effect into the foam.

It just looks like neoprene moulded with a non-slip texture, even though it's being used in reverse - in some shots you can see the shiny black polyester bonded to the back of the foam that's being worn aganst the clothes. In fact, it may even have been intended to be worn the other way round with the shiny surface outwards, but when they saw the texture on the back of the foam they decided to use that side outwards.

It's more commonly known as Ripstop Nylon (the woven squares of thicker threads are there to act as reinforcement and stop any tears from progressing) and was originally developed for use in parachutes and sails, and is found in lots of outdoor clothing and equipment due to it's abrasion resistance.

I'd also looked at this too as it produces a similar square weave pattern, but disocunted it as you can't see any evidence of the lower denier threads between the grid on the strap. Also, there's clearly some form of foam there as in ofther shots of the strap at the seam between the two pieces where the elasticated strap is attached you can see the stitching is having a 'quilting' effect into the foam.

It just looks like neoprene moulded with a non-slip texture, even though it's being used in reverse - in some shots you can see the shiny black polyester bonded to the back of the foam that's being worn aganst the clothes. In fact, it may even have been intended to be worn the other way round with the shiny surface outwards, but when they saw the texture on the back of the foam they decided to use that side outwards.

I looked at both of those options. Rip-stop is too thin, and the foam doesn't transfer the pattern all the way through. I really think it's the fabric used on the newer tennis shoes.

This is black rip-stop, you can see the difference:
http://www.seattlefabrics.com/58-70-D-Heat-Sealable-Coated-Nylon-Ripstop-1680-linear-yard_p_38.html
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 4.29.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-20 at 12.57.40 PM.png

This link shows the differnce between rip-stop, ballistic and Cordura.

http://www.loadedpocketz.com/difference-ballistic-1000d-cordura-ripstop-nylon/

The patterns are all too small and not raised.

Last edited:
Have you tried ordering from there? I don't think it was that popular for it to held in stock. Some online stores will have all the items in Safariland's catalogue available to order but not actually in stock - if you order it they will then try to order it from Safariland. In CopQuest's case, if the page doesn't have a green 'In Stock' icon on it, they don't have the item in stock and will try to order it from the supplier. Unfortunately I think that's the case for the 1090 Gun Quick - there's no 'In Stock' icon on the page (which is the case for most of the Safariland items, they don't hold much in stock due to the vast combination of fitments and gun models they cater for)
http://www.copquest.com/availability_23.htm
Rogers Uniforms shows it as being in stock:
http://www.rogersuniforms.com/gun-quick-/49460/p

I placed an order and got the confirmation email; however, that was after they had closed. I sent them a message and would expect an email from them today saying if they have it in-stock or not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back