Show your custom Lightsabers!

Ok but it's short and boring... I gave the mom to my box and told her to line/pad the interior. That's all I told her. She used what she had on hand that seemed like something appropriate for a child. I'm sure she had some solid color material without a pattern but she chose that guitar pattern stuff that for some reason she had laying around. I didn't know what she chose until it was done and installed in the box.

I was thinking the Finelux (thanks for the I.D. there) would look great with little screws in those three wee hole at its bottom like a Canon Y Unit has on it.

I kept seeing the finelux go for crazy prices and it looked cool... I thought I scored one in a lot of junk for $15, but was bummed to discover how cheap and flimsy it is. I have B unit though... hmm!

It's a Leitz I just got. Like the Finelux it seems to always go for ungodly amounts of money, and I managed to get it for under $20. I've seen a couple sabers made with it that are awesome, so I'm looking forward to working it over.

Not a real contribution to this thread, as I'm fiddling around with blasters currently, but I felt the urge to revisit one of my earlier sabers to get it to a place where I'm happy with it.

Specifically, this one:

IMG_5139.JPG

And even more specifically, the back greeblie:

IMG_5142.JPG IMG_5146.JPG

I originally stuck it on because I thought it was interesting, even if it didn't feel right, and just sat with it despite my uncertainty. That was until today. I was humming and hawwing the whole time but I just bit the bullet and got through with it. This is what I originally wanted to do but didn't follow through with it, but now it definitely feels right to me and I'm pleased as punch with it.

It's not as busy, it's sleeker, has that stronger silhouette and profile, which I think makes it look that much more "legit."

IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5537.JPG IMG_5539.JPG IMG_5527.JPG IMG_5543.JPG

Now, I can put it away until I need it. ON TO BLASTERS!

That's how I feel; it shouldn't look too one way or the other. It's the size and shape similar to a Graflex but it has MPP-esque features, I thought it'd be best to produce something that was an amalgam, or something in the middle of the two, given the circumstances.

That's how I feel; it shouldn't look too one way or the other. It's the size and shape similar to a Graflex but it has MPP-esque features, I thought it'd be best to produce something that was an amalgam, or something in the middle of the two, given the circumstances.

Agreed. I'd love to find that shroud (or a full Busch flash) in the wild.

I know it's a total Mary Sue fanboy RPG character concept... but what if... WHAT IF-- a former Sith or Jedi turned his back on his order to become a bounty hunter. And his lightsaber just became another piece of gear in his arsenal. I think it might look like this:

hunter1.jpg
hunter2.jpg
hunter3.jpg
hunter4.jpg
hunter5.jpg

This isn't my favorite custom saber I've made-- but it's in the top 5 for sure...

Also-- I do not have some horrible disease. I just didn't wash my hands after grinding and painting...

This last one used a Leica, which are usually way overpriced... but ebay has a couple inexpensive ones floating around now..

Last edited:
If you're into machined sabers, they can be a great resource for sure. I've used random parts of theirs in concert with flashguns to make some cool custom sabers. The downside to them is that they struggle to keep things in stock-- but the quality and prices are great.

Their new hilts are still conceptual at this point, but they look to be the Graflex 2.0 approach to other designs. The odds of getting an MPP are pretty low these days, and after years of staring at my Heiland synchronar Vader, I'm just never quite satisfied, so I plan to get their MPP and do like I'm doing with my 2.0-- replaced every little part I can with stuff from Roy and other saber smiths to make it as accurate as possible. Maybe Roman will do an MPP replica eventually, but until then the TCSS version will hopefully be close enough to make me happy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back