Jack Sparrow Compass Options

I know there is a member here building one Currently and he even did a run not too long ago. Look through the run threads

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

I've been looking into compass options too. I haven't seen this one in person but it seems to be right in terms of the dimensions. No idea about the details though. There's also one available from Disney store that seems to be ok apart from being a bit too big on the bottom portion. I'm personally considering just biting the bullet on this and seeing what can be done with it. Worst case scenario, it's pretty cheap.

Zlurpo did a run of great compasses back in 2012. I have one of these somewhere... I'll post some pics if I can find it (it's in a box, but which one, off course... ;-) ).

I had a Zlurpo one. It was great just felt a tad too big. There's a gentleman in the classifieds selling a kit. I bought one just waiting for it to ship. Bought it from him of Etsy. It I might get this one to see this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this one at target not too long ago, looks pretty good, a little flatter than the movie one maybe, but would probably make for a decent costume prop.

Does anyone have good quality Master Replica Jack Sparrow compass pics from all angles? I only find a few good angles that are high res. Please and thank you

Some pics of my Zlurpo Compass:

Compass02.jpg Compass06.jpg Compass05.jpg

Compass01.jpg Compass04.jpg Compass03.jpg

It might be indeed a fraction too big. There are some pics of it in my hand, and I don't have big hands. Here are some screenshots of the compass from the first movie. I really wanted that version of the compass. The Master Replica's version is from Dead Man's chest. I personally like the compass from Curse of the Black Pearle better. If you compare how it fits in my hand, compared to the pics below, I don't think the size is much off. Maybe indeed a few milimeters smaller would haven been good...

CompassReference01.jpg CompassReference03.jpg CompassReference02.jpg

CompassReference04.jpg CompassReference06.jpg CompassReference05.jpg

CompassReference07.jpg

We saw this new toy compass at Toys R Us today. I didn't have a ruler with me but it looked 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide. It also seemed to short. The bottom half felt like it needed to be a bit thicker. There are better toy compasses out there but for the price, it would probably work fine for a costume.

Zlurpo's compass is 87mm x 87mm x 30mm (3,34 inch x 3,34 inch x 1,18 inch). This is only for the box. So the dome, hinges and closing mechanism not included...

I wish there was a wooden option out there with metal parts! the zlurpo one was sooo close. out of all the talented people here I would have thought this one prop would be made already

I wish there was a wooden option out there with metal parts! the zlurpo one was sooo close. out of all the talented people here I would have thought this one prop would be made already
Yeah, I guess for now, Zlurpo's one is the best out there. If it was a few mm's smaller and the dial parts would be real brass, than it would be perfect... In the meanwhile, I "upgraded" the leater string to a more accurate, darker one, that's also thinner. Also made the few extra knots at the ring, as can be seen in the last screenshot I posted:

Compass07.jpg

Compass08.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered one from Mr. Pinski in the classifieds of his kit. I am waiting on another prop maker on here (don't wanna say his name yet until he gives me the ok) who is making a kit that looks phenomenal!

I had a zlurpo kit and sold it to fund another project... now I regret it. wish I could find one now

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back