Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno..

I get what you're saying....but...
you don't get much back story on these new characters. they are just kind of there.

In this case I think it's more of an issue with someone who knows what they are doing in the universe and someone who doesn't.

Supposedly there is an article on the New York Times, Former feigbusters champion, saying that it cost sony more money to put this mess back in theaters for labor day weekend only, than it otherwise would have. but i can't seem to find the article.

How many issues are out and what's the average page count of the books?

The average comedy movie script is 90-110 pages for the entire movie. Even if there isn't a ton of backstory provided for those characters in the comics, they've had exponentially greater amount of room to work with.

The average comedy movie script is 90-110 pages for the entire movie. Even if there isn't a ton of backstory provided for those characters, they've had exponentially greater amount of room to work with.

- - - Updated - - -

The average comedy movie script is 90-110 pages for the entire movie. Even if there isn't a ton of backstory provided for those characters in the comics, they've had exponentially greater amount of room to work with.

yeah, but a good writer should be able to make anything work, no matter the amount of space it's in.

Considering we are using the space topic here.... lets forget feigbusters for a moment....

Comparing say Nick Turtles TV series to Nick Turtles IDW Issues. a little more on par with each other, both being around for the same amount of time, both going in completely different directions.

Yet, the IDW series, I've had very little, if ANY complains on how the plotting is handled, how the pacing is handled, how the surprises that came our way are handled.. and how they changed stuff from the basic mythology.

Take that in point with the nick series.....I don't care for the elemental changes they've made (turning all the characters into teens minus splinter and shredder just smacks of gimmick). I don't care for the newer versions of older characters they've introduced (Hun is a sad jackie chan rip off with tats. Mutagen Man is the most useless character ever invented. Bishop is a one off character that they completely 180'd into an utrom. They only threw in the Technodrome for retro shock value, it's not a part of the show, etc), I don't care for the new plot points they've introduced (why does april have psychic powers if it's not going to be explained? Why are april's parents part of a Kraang plot if it's never going to be touched on? Why bring in her parents at all if they just vanish when not needed? Why turn KArai into a snake if it's just going to be status quo and not a big deal later? ) and some of the way this show is written, shows no bi gger picture planning at all (mutagen plot point dropped..characters forgotten...)..

Just seeing how IDW runs things with the turtles verse, makes me want to see THAT turned into a series. Where as the stuff that IS a series, is going to wind up being the first ninja turtles show i've stopped watching. and I sat through all of the horrible Next Mutation.

The Quality of writing in IDW, regardless of wether or not they have more time to develop stuff, is just better. Even if you just view it as a stand alone issue, and don't know any of the backstory to the characters. there is enough there to capture your imagination and make you want to learn more.

that's something these other series are kind of missing these days.

- - - Updated - - -

and again, this is all just my opinion....but that's how i see it.

yeah, but a good writer should be able to make anything work, no matter the amount of space it's in.

Considering we are using the space topic here.... lets forget feigbusters for a moment....

Comparing say Nick Turtles TV series to Nick Turtles IDW Issues. a little more on par with each other, both being around for the same amount of time, both going in completely different directions.

Yet, the IDW series, I've had very little, if ANY complains on how the plotting is handled, how the pacing is handled, how the surprises that came our way are handled.. and how they changed stuff from the basic mythology.

Take that in point with the nick series.....I don't care for the elemental changes they've made (turning all the characters into teens minus splinter and shredder just smacks of gimmick). I don't care for the newer versions of older characters they've introduced (Hun is a sad jackie chan rip off with tats. Mutagen Man is the most useless character ever invented. Bishop is a one off character that they completely 180'd into an utrom. They only threw in the Technodrome for retro shock value, it's not a part of the show, etc), I don't care for the new plot points they've introduced (why does april have psychic powers if it's not going to be explained? Why are april's parents part of a Kraang plot if it's never going to be touched on? Why bring in her parents at all if they just vanish when not needed? Why turn KArai into a snake if it's just going to be status quo and not a big deal later? ) and some of the way this show is written, shows no bi gger picture planning at all (mutagen plot point dropped..characters forgotten...)..

Just seeing how IDW runs things with the turtles verse, makes me want to see THAT turned into a series. Where as the stuff that IS a series, is going to wind up being the first ninja turtles show i've stopped watching. and I sat through all of the horrible Next Mutation.

The Quality of writing in IDW, regardless of wether or not they have more time to develop stuff, is just better. Even if you just view it as a stand alone issue, and don't know any of the backstory to the characters. there is enough there to capture your imagination and make you want to learn more.

that's something these other series are kind of missing these days.

- - - Updated - - -

and again, this is all just my opinion....but that's how i see it.

I don't necessarily disagree (after all, TK-436 gave us a fantastic, fully fleshed storyline with plenty of backstory and characterization in just about 12 minutes of screen time), but length/space is an element that can't entirely be dismissed. It takes a very skilled writer to put all the elements into a limited space/amount of time and have it be balanced and nuanced.

Wow for someone who wants to **** and moan whenever someone "attacks" your buds in this thread you sure do like to cast stones.

Neil wasnt badmouthing anyone in particular, so yeah, when someone attacks someone and instigates that mob mentality, then Im going to say something. Its not like he did it first, and I was defending you or someone else, then it would be a different story. But yeah, if defending someone from a group of hypocritical, pompous windbags is "bitching and moaning" then by all means. Talk ****. And isnt that EXACTLY what youre doing? Like, the exact thing. Youre bitching and moaning because apparently I attacked your bud. :lol

There will apparently be an additional 60 minutes of deleted content available on digital with the purchase of the Blu-ray! If I'm understanding it correctly, this will be on top of the deleted scenes, alternate takes, and 17-minute expanded cut already on the disc.

Sounds pretty cool! The GB Interdimensional Crossrip Podcast did a great job in digesting all of the home-release info, tech details, etc.
http://www.ghostbustershq.net/the-ghostbusters-interdimensional-crossrip/

Last edited:
Neil wasnt badmouthing anyone in particular, so yeah, when someone attacks someone and instigates that mob mentality, then Im going to say something. Its not like he did it first, and I was defending you or someone else, then it would be a different story. But yeah, if defending someone from a group of hypocritical, pompous windbags is "bitching and moaning" then by all means. Talk ****. And isnt that EXACTLY what youre doing? Like, the exact thing. Youre bitching and moaning because apparently I attacked your bud. :lol

don't you just love it when you become the new icon of hate and whining and moaning on a board for an entire generation of people simply for being free to state the truth? :)

good enough price to pay, i think ;o).

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this mob mentality vibe around here? I can't tell when you guys have a valid point or are just reaching and grasping at straws for things to whine about. Again, if you need a safe space... ;o)

On a lighter note, I really dug this fan art! I have a fun, rather involved piece up my sleeve that I'm going to try to finish before the Blu-ray hits.

1b4bd5e8fec521619e16644ce40f93f2.jpg

I just dont get people man. Especially the mob mentality, the hypocrisy knows no bounds with them. :facepalm

I can't believe that they managed to turn the subject back around to this so many times :/.....

I guess in other places where it's 'friendlier' to the movie by way of forced direction, and heavy censorship, it's a coping method used to see so many people bashing it.
it really is one of the few places where the anti people out number the pro people.

that still makes it worth coming back for a little while longer.

GINO is down to 356 theaters now .... they are going to keep this mess in theaters for as long as they can..

And for those who care...
14188171_1086093121444688_2884504788329613818_o.jpg

You know.....

For those who got why GoldenHawk, myself and others liked to beat this dead horse until the ashes where gone, and then beat the ground it laid on... I THANK YOU for joining in on the fun.

For everyone else who chose to take it personal like I was insulting your dead great grandmother?

Well, to use someone's favorite term on here.. I kind of pity you. that you don't take the joy in seeing something fail and being able to gloat in that failure. especially after two years of being told 'this franchise is no longer for you. we are doing something bigger, badder, and we just don't need you anymore. go **** yourself.'

When not only a director, but an entire company tells you that about a product you lovingly supported with your money over the years.. and even the series creator goes nuts and full on feig with insults.....well, quite frankly, they deserve to be taken down a notch or 5 when their grand social justice film fails.

The only reason detractors appear to go crazy, is because of dealing with non sensical supporters who liked to, in no particular order
- twist your words around
-make you appear stupid by trying to bring up other areas that have nothing to do with the current topic
- try to discredit you
-try to ignore you or make you feel like your opinion, properly stated, doesn't matter (I pity you after a 2 page diagram is written)
- insult you simply for stating an opinion
-or basically just go overboard for daring to dislike something...

I think one of my favorite bizarre tangents happened on twitter... where my simply stating that I didn't like this film, went off on some bizarre tangent directed at me, and asking how i feel when people pre judge me. no amount of saying what I thought about people pre judging me would appease this guy and get him to simply accept my opinion. he kept on going at it and at it and at it until I came away to his round of thinking..which wasn't going to happen. I eventually had to unfollow because it just wasn't healthy conversation.

Try dealing with these people over the course of 2 years on FB, Twitter, or internet message boards, and quite frankly, it's bound to not only change your posting style, but also make you a little paranoid in wondering if you are even on the up and up on your viewpoint. in that sense, these type of people succeed in that way.

Oh well.it's one reason why I'm trying to cut down on internet usage by 60%....at least. it's just no fun dealing with these over reacting people out there. and posting on the net becomes more of a headache than anything else. one thing i'm trying to see it as, as someone put it, 'it's just strangers on the internet, don't let it get to you'....but it's so prevalent it's tough ;o).

this movie hasn't done anything to debase itself in a long while. People have already forgotten about leslie jone's fading star and are moving onto more 'important' things like the Hiddle Swift breakup. Paula Feig has moved on to directing low budget movies with weird titles. and if there is a god, he'll be drummed out of hollywood permanently.
Too bad he can't take michael bay and meghan fox with him.

With that, I think this thread is pretty much a thing of the past now. unless something major happens between now and dvd release...but i doubt it. people have gone radio silent lately ;o).

Here's some more art for you D!
Sweet--thanks for posting! The top concept with the worn strap holding it all together is REALLY cool. The handles remind me quite of bit of the slime blower design. I would love to see more of the the early pack concepts to accompany the throwers. A few have popped up, but not nearly as many as the throwers.

Hopefully more of this stuff starts popping up with the digital release later this month. Here's hoping the BR release has some cool making-of/design content.

Sweet--thanks for posting! The top concept with the worn strap holding it all together is REALLY cool. The handles remind me quite of bit of the slime blower design. I would love to see more of the the early pack concepts to accompany the throwers. A few have popped up, but not nearly as many as the throwers.

Hopefully more of this stuff starts popping up with the digital release later this month. Here's hoping the BR release has some cool making-of/design content.
Dude. No one cares anymore. Even on GBFans, the Feigbusters talk is dying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back