Suggestions Wanted. Light/FX project boards for custom sound and lighting.

MatterMaker

I'm going to be starting work on the internals for a blaster project soon and would like to get suggestions for potential project boards to use.

Whichever system I choose needs to be able to handle the following:

Programmable with custom logic to handle sound effects and sync'ed RGB LED fx. Including the ability to program lighting changes/colours not just on/off and different FX "modes"
Playback of various format sound clips. Wav is ideal as well as simultaneous playback of multiple clips. (overlapping playback)
Multiple switch inputs for different playback modes.
USB interface to pc for programming and charging by USB powerblocks.
control of charging and powered by rechargable lipo battery.

Finally, it needs to be compact enough to fit in small spaces. (I don't want anything as large as a Raspberry Pi) For my current project, a space of about 80mm x 60 x 30.

I've been looking at Adafruit boards, though I've yet to find a single board that handles everything, they seem to require multiple boards, which increases the cost for the whole kit substantially.

What have you guys/girls used?
What do you recommend?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

MatterMaker.

Arduino, or if you dont mind putting a little extra work in there are some really tiny sound and and led controllers available for dirt cheap, on ebay and such.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post ebay links, thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. I did look into replicaprops, though I want to do the work myself and be able to swap out sounds and fine tune the logic so replicaprops isn't the right fit.

I think delving into the arduino world will have to do!
mm.

Ok. That makes sense. There are plenty of options with Arduino. Good luck.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back