STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

For the most part, they just don't focus on the killing if they don't have to. The leave it up to the audience's imagination. They tend to cut away. Like when Kanan went into the transport. He started swinging and the next thing you saw was bodies fly out. We're they dead, were the others inside? I think you have to come to the conclusion that they were. They did the same thing on the Star Destroyer when all the troopers surrounded Kanan, he made a remark, and they cut to another scene. They also did a scene were they threw a grenade into a trench near Stormtroopers, they cut to a shot showing the explosion from far away. Remember that they did show Mandalore Warriors being burned arrive inside their armor so when they feel that it is warranted, they will show it.

So just because you don't see limbs flying off, or stabbing, or wounds, does not mean there is not those being killed in battle.

Well, obviously. Since the first episode, we've had "Here, catch this grenade!" moments. I like that they don't shy away from that aspect. Even Clone Wars kept the violence pretty minimal, opting for glowing lines from lightsaber strikes, rather than dismemberment, most of the time.

I was mostly amused by the "I've got a sword, but Imma punch with my other hand instead!!" fighting style.

Yeah really! :)
Honestly interested in any elaboration of what's behind your question if you wanna. :)

Mainly because it came from you. I know you tend to be cynical but you also have a realistic outlook and very open to the world (not closed-minded). To that end, although we are talking about a fictional culture, the Mandalore culture as it pertains to warriors appears to be deep rooted and not a trivial thing. I don't think you would mock a Hindu for not eating beef even though you may personally not have any feelings or beliefs that prevent you from doing so.

I think it is trivializing their feelings and beliefs of their armor by calling them heirlooms. These are not Nana's pearls someone is handing down as a wedding gift. This is a deep rooted history, belief, honor, tradition, culture, almost religious topic/practice for them.

I would have to believe that such a tradition started so so so many years ago because of...

Need:
Due to war, the availability of material or means to produce new armor was rare and therefore new recruits were forced to wear the armor of those that had previously fallen. The practice then became ingrained in their culture.

and/or

Respect:
Someone might have started it as a way to honor family or comrades who had retired/fallen, a warrior would continue to honor them by taking their armor into battle. Eventually more and more adopted the practice until it was the standard practice.

and/or

something else.

Last edited:
Mainly because it came from you. I know you tend to be cynical but you also have a realistic outlook and very open to the world (not closed-minded). To that end, although we are talking about a fictional culture, the Mandalore culture as it pertains to warriors appears to be deep rooted and not a trivial thing. I don't think you would mock a Hindu for not eating beef even though you may personally not have any feelings or beliefs that prevent you from doing so.

Well stated post.

I wouldn't be as harsh to a real life group as I was to this fictional one, true.

But yeah, tradition is all well and good, but if someone has found a way to use that very thing to KILL ALL OF YOU, (which is more cut-and-dried in this fictional scenario any real world analog would be), yeah it's time to adapt.

What the Mandelorians "are" is not a grouping of metal plates on their clothes, and they sell themselves short, and hobble themselves in this case, to make the armor more important than their own lives. We're not talking a change of their ideals or their philosophy or moral values. Metal. Plates.

Cool thread! Been here over a year and just found it. My son and I watch it , and love it. We have the first 3 series on dvd. Like the rest of you, we are watching the 4th unfold. I'm a wait and see kinda guy. I liked the first new episodes, but I don't allow myself to speculate or build up hopes of what I would like to see. I find I enjoy watching and seeing what happens first. Either way, I'm enjoying it with my son who loves anything star wars related

But yeah, tradition is all well and good, but if someone has found a way to use that very thing to KILL ALL OF YOU, (which is more cut-and-dried in this fictional scenario any real world analog would be), yeah it's time to adapt.

I did not say it was just tradition, I stated that...

This is a deep rooted history, belief, honor, tradition, culture, almost religious topic/practice for them.

This is not simply... "In our family we put the Christmas Tree up on Thanksgiving" type of thing.

What the Mandelorians "are" is not a grouping of metal plates on their clothes, and they sell themselves short, and hobble themselves in this case, to make the armor more important than their own lives. We're not talking a change of their ideals or their philosophy or moral values. Metal. Plates.

That is a very ethnocentric view.

To me, the few words spoken on the subject IMHO implies that it is not just metal to them but is indeed part of their ideals, philosophy, and moral values. We are in a country that is currently being torn apart because of how it civilians put their ideals, philosophy, and moral values in some waving fabric and/or a 3 minute song and how other decide to position their body. We have people killing themselves al over the world because they are either trying to take or protect little colored pieces of paper.

If the Empire did succeed on protecting the weapon, I think we could speculate that many Mandalores would either be physically defeated by the weapon or morally defeated by giving up their armor. Either way, it would mean their defeat.

Reversing the polarity of "Duchess" to affect Stormtrooper armor - that would've been the Rebel Alliance's mega-weapon against the Empire. I think it was a cheap plot line for her and the Mandos to escape, it would've been interesting to see how this story would've extended to wipe out the Mandolorians to extinction and then that would be why Boba Fett was the only Mando hanging around the galaxy, sorta what the Empire did to the Jedi. The plans are still in Sabine's head, so maybe we'll see it again. Reminded me of darkside energy bolts.

According to the clone wars, jango wasn't a mandalorian. He was just a guy who had the armour.

Or has that been retconned?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jango stole the armor is still canon.

At first I wasn’t cool with this, but now I would like to see them show us who and why he stole it

From the clone wars it sounds like those mando’s don’t respect him... I’m surprised they didn’t hunt down and kill him... he must really be that good of a bounty hunter or should I say that feared?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainly because it came from you. I know you tend t
o be cynical but you also have a realistic outlook and very open to the world (not closed-minded). To that end, although we are talking about a fictional culture, the Mandalore culture as it pertains to warriors appears to be deep rooted and not a trivial thing. I don't think you would mock a Hindu for not eating beef even though you may personally not have any feelings or beliefs that prevent you from doing so.

I think it is trivializing their feelings and beliefs of their armor by calling them heirlooms. These are not Nana's pearls someone is handing down as a wedding gift. This is a deep rooted history, belief, honor, tradition, culture, almost religious topic/practice for them.

I would have to believe that such a tradition started so so so many years ago because of...

Need:
Due to war, the availability of material or means to produce new armor was rare and therefore new recruits were forced to wear the armor of those that had previously fallen. The practice then became ingrained in their culture.

and/or

Respect:
Someone might have started it as a way to honor family or comrades who had retired/fallen, a warrior would continue to honor them by taking their armor into battle. Eventually more and more adopted the practice until it was the standard practice.

and/or

something else.
Butting in
All that will look great on there tombstones

Last edited:
Jango stole the armor is still canon.

At first I wasn’t cool with this, but now I would like to see them show us who and why he stole it

From the clone wars it sounds like those mando’s don’t respect him... I’m surprised they didn’t hunt down and kill him... he must really be that good of a bounty hunter or should I say that feared?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like that. For too long I felt like he's been seen as a klingon. Some sacred honour warrior.

But having him a dude who stole that gear from a Dead (Or alive) Mandalorian is WAY better. He's a much ballsier badguy that way.

The question is, did he steal slave 1 from a mandalorian as well?

Last edited:
Probably the same thing a
British Redcoat said about the Declaration of Independence. :lol

Your argument is the opposite of reality the British LOST because they clung to OLD battle tactics while the rebels (U.S.) adapted and integrated native fighting styles .

Adapt or DIE !

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like that. For too long I felt like he's been seen as a
klingon. Some sacred honour warrior.

But having him a dude who stole that gear from a Dead (Or alive) Mandalorian is WAY better. He's a much ballsier badguy that way.

Until they change it , Jango stole it from a prison complex to escape while on a job . yeah he broke into the prison ! it was an armored prisoner transport .
It was in one of the video games if that's still the official story who knows .

Last edited:
Your argument is the opposite of reality the British LOST because they clung to OLD battle tactics while the rebels (U.S.) adapted and integrated native fighting styles .

Adapt or DIE !

My remark was not in regard to battle tactics it had to do with that they did not give in to their enemy and stuck with principles/ideas/beliefs that were important to them.

My remark was not in regard to battle tactics it
had to do with that they did not give in to their enemy and stuck with principles/ideas/beliefs that were important to them.

The British believed the tradition of standing in a straight line in a field to fight was a good idea . we thought hiding behind a rock or tree worked better. As far as principles/ ideas/ beliefs.

We did not want to stop slaving , smuggling or take the chance of becoming exactly what we are all now tax paying citizens . lol . but I get what your saying kind of .

Hope the Mandalorians stick to there guns !

I actually like that. For too long I felt like he's been seen as a klingon. Some sacred honour warrior.

Slave 1 belonged to cad bane. We never found out how boba ends up with the ship

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back