The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I seem to recall that it was fine if it was something available in unlimited quantities like this. I'm pretty sure the rule exists so that people won't share rare things other people are watching.

I've modified the Marvel Legends to add the side LED, replaced the lenses with scored lenses from my XCoser (pic is before painting and with stock light source intact), LED light strips to create the ring around the eyes (and blue filters behind for visibility), and painted with a charcoal metallic finish. Very happy with the result.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/4fec823e35097e67b239a67f80f58204.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/eeb28ebf9a68faa7dfc8305f2e20cd8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How'd you disassemble the face-plate to get the new lenses in?

How'd you disassemble the face-plate to get the new lenses in?

If anybody opens up this ML helmet let me know....I'm dying to figure out how it comes apart lol

I've got you guys covered. Going to cross-post from the Hasbro-specific thread to share my teardown video of the thing.

sQo1aOPl.jpg

rmpGtOEl.jpg

tvz8ckZl.jpg

There's a molded red plastic pane inside a clip that's screwed on. I was actually surprised to find that there was only a single LED for each eye. It gets a surprising amount of illumination done with just those two suckers.

3wKuSzPl.jpg

1IdNQ4nl.jpg

SYAqYeil.jpg

We did wipe the red lens down after removal. It didn't seem to get too much better.

I can see a few options for re-lighting. The power lines that go to the face are very straightforward - full brightness sets them at 4.5V, half-brightness goes to 2V, and the dimmest setting seems to be around 1.5V, though I will concede my multimeter sucks for the smaller measurements. This means that it'd be pretty possible to wire replacement LED ring assemblies in and have them work seamlessly off the same button - including the dimming.

Attachments

• sQo1aOPl.jpg
    sQo1aOPl.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 51
  • sQo1aOPl.jpg
    sQo1aOPl.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 50
  • rmpGtOEl.jpg
    rmpGtOEl.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 50
  • tvz8ckZl.jpg
    tvz8ckZl.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 49
  • 1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 49
  • 3wKuSzPl.jpg
    3wKuSzPl.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 51
  • rmpGtOEl.jpg
    rmpGtOEl.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 49
  • SYAqYeil.jpg
    SYAqYeil.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 3wKuSzPl.jpg
    3wKuSzPl.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 48
  • tvz8ckZl.jpg
    tvz8ckZl.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 52
  • 1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 49
  • SYAqYeil.jpg
    SYAqYeil.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
Am I only the one who didn't like the jacket in the second movie nearly as much as the first one? It's cool everyone is going crazy about recreating all that too, but, I think I'll stick with the first.

Just noticed this: they altered the Walkman for some scenes to fit Vol. 2. If you see where the S meets the left side of the window it is flush in the film.
IMG_20170809_211356.jpg

Well, I placed an order 2 days ago from hjackets and haven't heard anything from them and can't seem to contact them. The Vol. 2 jacket looks like the version 2 jacket that was on USAJacket, but its not shown on that site anymore. It looks like a reasonably accurate jacket for the money. I will keep this thread posted on how the order goes and post pics if/when I get the jacket.

UPDATE: I just got an email response from hjackets confirming they received my order. I asked them to confirm that the jacket I ordered in the picture is the one they are shipping. Another interesting item, the email response I got from them actually came from Black Leather Jacket website. They must be sister sites or the same company with different websites? Will post pics once delivered.

Attachments

• -Galaxy-Star-2-Lord-Jacket.jpg
    -Galaxy-Star-2-Lord-Jacket.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
It's the same jacket from usajacket. Was thinking of getting it too. I emailed hjackets last night asking to see a picture of the PU leather ( the stock photo is most likely the real leather). So far no response.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back