The Mummy (2017) (Post-release)

Re: The Mummy (2017)

Both trailers showed him coming back from the dead and surviving impossible incidents. They wouldn't have the balls to do it, but I'd almost love to see this "she chose you" thing play out with Cruise giving in and joining her...setting up the sequel of course. Rule the galaxy as father and son type deal, with some force needing to come in to stop the Mummy power-couple. Some kind of.. suicide squad. :lol

I think it would be more original than the obvious path they're taking, and it would be... Cooler.

Looks like I'm well on the way to "Someone Answer That Phone Because I *BLEEPING* Called It"-Land.

I lasted until 1:35 then I decided I couldn't take anymore. That was the dumbest **** "The Mummy" title could have ever been slapped on. I love The Mummy 1999 and The Mummy Returns is ok, but this makes me feel insulted far more than Tomb of the Dragon Emperor did. :angry

I lasted until 1:35 then I decided I couldn't take anymore. That was the dumbest **** "The Mummy" title could have ever been slapped on. I love The Mummy 1999 and The Mummy Returns is ok, but this makes me feel insulted far more than Tomb of the Dragon Emperor did. :angry

QFT. Never thought I would miss the campy/humor of the first two Frasier Indy/mummy comedies, but I do. Hell, I even miss Benny.

The only thing I'm willing to see Tom Cruise in is Top Gun 2!!!!

Though you're willing to torrent it or buy it in the bargain bin then return it? Gee, to me it sounds more like a man who really likes Tom Cruise but doesn't want anyone to know.
Typical "Closet Cruise" fan :lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'll wait for the torrent or finding it in a bargain bin......then return it!

:lol:lol:lol

Hey Benny, looks like your on the wrong side of the Tomato Meter! 30% on RT. to be fair, the Fraser Mummy films were by no means top tier writing, but they do hold a special place for me. I have always loved the first two, and for me The Mummy with Fraser is a solid Indiana Jones movie part two, and the Mummy Returns is a way better Indianna Jones family/son story.

Going to see it tonight because what else am I going to do on a Thursday night? Not much of a Cruise fan and I don't have high hopes for this, but who knows? I may be pleasantly surprised.

Going to see it tonight because what else am I going to do on a Thursday night? Not much of a Cruise fan and I don't have high hopes for this, but who knows? I may be pleasantly surprised.

go buy a fifth of jack and couple rolls of gauze. Get drunk with friends and wrap one or a pet up as the mummy. You'll have a better time and won't be supporting this BS movie.

Is this Mummy supposed to be a part of the Universal 'Monster Universe'?

Yuppers, so you know she isn't gonna die. Next movie is bride of franky. Then a possible new Dracula cause the last one didn't do too well. Also in the hopper the creature from the black lagoon.

Yuppers, so you know she isn't gonna die. Next movie is bride of franky. Then a possible new Dracula cause the last one didn't do too well. Also in the hopper the creature from the black lagoon.

I'm trying to understand how that type of universe is something you want to make, you know, a universe...The upshot is, unless you make the monsters the good guys - the good guys lose in every flick...or just 'stop them for the next couple weeks' until someone other idiot lets them lose again (and again, and again). I mean, has anyone uttered in the last few decades 'i wish i could see dracula team up with the CfBL to stomp out these people'?? Just seems like a universe for the sake of having one, not that it's needed, wanted, or useful...I suppose i could be wrong, but I don't see how this works out well.

I'm trying to understand how that type of universe is something you want to make, you know, a universe...The upshot is, unless you make the monsters the good guys - the good guys lose in every flick...or just 'stop them for the next couple weeks' until someone other idiot lets them lose again (and again, and again). I mean, has anyone uttered in the last few decades 'i wish i could see dracula team up with the CfBL to stomp out these people'?? Just seems like a universe for the sake of having one, not that it's needed, wanted, or useful...I suppose i could be wrong, but I don't see how this works out well.

Well, they always were kinda in the same universe. There were, as I recall, more than a few crossovers once the initial movies came out.

I can just see a bunch of Hollywood know-it-alls sitting around a table and throwing crap against the wall ..." Hey, Sid, why don't we use the word 'universe' for the franchise? The kids will flock to the theaters if we do that!"

I can just see a bunch of Hollywood know-it-alls sitting around a table and throwing crap against the wall ..." Hey, Sid, why don't we use the word 'universe' for the franchise? The kids will flock to the theaters if we do that!"

You forgot to add "dark". This film is part of their dark universe, cause there oh so edgy like that. This film has already dropped to 21% on RT since I posted last night. Not looking good. Somewhere right now, Brendon Fraser has a smile.

Some CRAZY friends of mine went tonight told them Ardeth Bey said they should be ashamed of them selves, "WHO?!" :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back