Another Star Lord build (cosplaysky trench coat received w/ pics 9/19)

Re: Another Star Lord build (jacket and pants have arrived!)

Did you get your pants off ebay or a local motorcycle shop?

Hahah. Best coordinate here as to who's bidding on the products, so we all don't bid the price up on all the pants. I currently have bids in on the one for 5.50$ currently.

How did you order size? I just see it as s,m,l,etc...

The listing I won had measurements and asked for me to send in after I won.

I finished a hip/pad holster last night using the same method that I used for the belt. Because it appears to be a darker leather then the belt, I spray paint it with a darker brown spray paint and coated it with a matte finish. Came out great! I'll post an image tonight. I also tested a small piece of leather contact cemented against the material the pants are made of and it holds, I'll just need to see how it does with the weight of a gun hanging off of it. I'm almost done painting my first gun and hope to have that done this weekend.

Since you've got the belt tackled, I'm not sure if you have figured out how you're going to do the actual holster part that holds the guns... but I deciphered how they get mounted!

I blew this image way up, then colored in the clips for illustration purposes:

holsterillustration_zpsdeb6b7f1.jpg

Basically it's vertically clip that the crossbar of the grip snaps into. You can also see it here in this render:

IQoIu8g_zps0f991647.png

I'm going to see about getting this modeled for printing. Just wanted to share!

Very cool! Thanks. I haven't had any time to work on the costume since I'm on vacation, but I'm trying to squeeze in some time this week.

So, got a "holster" done to my satisfaction. The panels are craft foam, the base is real leather using the same method I did for the belt and then sprayed to better match movie accuracy.
CAM00006.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00005.jpg
    CAM00005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 252
  • CAM00006.jpg
    CAM00006.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 248
Re: Another Star Lord build (update 8/8)

Again, that belt looks great. Where did you get the piping and what kind of contact cement is it? Juvenile questions, I know, but I'm very new at this.

I didn't use piping, I just cut real thin strips of craft foam. :) It's the DAP contact cement you can get at Home Depot/Lowes.

MorbidCharlie - That's amazing. I learn something new every minute I visit this forum. I thought you'd gotten a semi-malleable metal to make the piping. Thank you!

Mr. Morbid Charlie this is Capn Jack Savvy (also a Charles)....how do you like the pants? Are they very hot to wear? Does the sizing seem to be OK? Meaning if you wear a 34 waist do they fit you if you ordered size 34?

Carcher79 - sorry, yes, the metal "clips" are actually metal. I buy the little rods at Hobby Lobby and bend them into shape.
Capn_Jack_Savvy - The pants fit me for the size I ordered like they should.

Last edited by a moderator:

I sold my short jacket. I'm thinking about getting the trench coat from CosplaySky... if they would respond to my questions.

Can I request better pictures of the pants? I really want to see how these look versus how they're listed on the ebay auctions.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back