Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Are you talking about the comments of "No Humor Man" there?

The propden is not the RPF.In the future I will never post something I build on the den.I posted only my finished mask there to close the story.
i noticed you closed it down quick with everything finished, the recasting comments would have shut me down straight away I wouldn’t have put up with that, like you say this is the RPF much better on here, but I’ve not posted anything on there I only visit it every now and then

i noticed you closed it down quick with everything finished, the recasting comments would have shut me down straight away I wouldn’t have put up with that, like you say this is the RPF much better on here, but I’ve not posted anything on there I only visit it every now and then

Yes..this was so stupid.But I´m not the only artist who had problems on the Den.For me its only important that I have no problems here on the RPF.
You also have a lot more feedback here...most threads on the den are dead since months.

Hi chaps I’m still around busy busy busy with real world stuff, I’ve got a part back from my nephew today, inner mask black rubber thingy !!!
View attachment 794143View attachment 794144
they are still a little bit soft and flexible, so I’m going to ask him to stiffen them up a little then I will take another look and post a pic
looking good I think
input any body ?

They look fantastic to me Ben! great work :)

thanks Mark
your name is going on some when I finally approve them if your interested

"Your name will also go on the list, what is it?"
"Don't tell him Mark!"

list.jpg

:p

list.jpg

I’m been doing some scale drawings of the the grill on the neck brace as looking for the original or anything that even resembles the correct size is getting frustrating and time wasting.
Once I have the correct size/scale I will save them for a later stage for photo etching.
I’m now thinking ahead for another part, I have some ideas that I’m currently on the lookout for
View attachment 795000
Has this part ever been identified ? To me it looks like some sort of axel from a kit of some sort, anybody have any ideas or anything you might have heard from the past ?

Yes it has been discovered and I was lucky enough to get a set of resin casts a couple of years ago, but I'm sadly not much the wiser as to what the orignal piece is. I'd love to know though and be able to use originals on my prop of course.

I was was told only that they were 'button makers' but got no more info that that. I'll have to trawl though my inbox and see if I can contact the guy I got my casts from and perhaps prompt him to reply here himself. Sadly I don't have permission to copy these, or I would. I struck a deal to make some for Kurtyboy but was asked not to make any more. (I know it's a hardware item that no-one can really lay claim to, but nerverless I did promise and have to abide by that).

I don't think images and dimensions are super-secret though, so unless Marcus beats me to it I'll post a pic against a ruler in a couple of days time.

Yes it has been discovered and I was lucky enough to get a set of resin casts a couple of years ago, but I'm sadly not much the wiser as to what the orignal piece is. I'd love to know though and be able to use originals on my prop of course.

I was was told only that they were 'button makers' but got no more info that that. I'll have to trawl though my inbox and see if I can contact the guy I got my casts from and perhaps prompt him to reply here himself. Sadly I don't have permission to copy these, or I would. I struck a deal to make some for Kurtyboy but was asked not to make any more. (I know it's a hardware item that no-one can really lay claim to, but nerverless I did promise and have to abide by that).

I don't think images and dimensions are super-secret though, so unless Marcus beats me to it I'll post a pic against a ruler in a couple of days time.
thaks that would be nice to see some perspective photos and measurements, I might be able to knock something up, but in the meantime I will try searching some more, it would be nice if you could get in touch with the chap fore mentioned, would really love more information.

- - - Updated - - -

They look fantastic to me Ben! great work :)
Thanks, I’m trying really hard, slow progress but loving it.

Autocad work for the neck collar mesh/backing for the photo etchers, has anybody got an idea of thickness of this ? I was thinking about 0.5 - 0.75mm
388188F3-08AC-4818-8E2E-270CBFA7A74D.jpeg

Printed out with some pieces on for scale
AFE1EE0B-F66D-4D4E-9400-14F8F1361BBB.jpeg
BE2ACE15-DD27-4440-9FDE-12BCC9578882.jpg
Not sure as yet, going to have another look at it tomorrow night
ive had a quick look and they seem to be as they should (ish) a hard one to get, as on the original the slots are not all symmetrical and the cad drawing are all exactly the same

Last edited:
I’ve got a second rubber disc back, slightly more ridged ( not much )
i need to do another more neater mold as there are slight imperfections in the rubber
these are not trimmed, just roughly pulled from the mold
CD081902-679A-43DD-8926-1F5DE8810CC7.jpeg6B6468A2-2B0E-495D-9134-921BE23D16D4.jpeg

I like the sound of that, I have an idea of the process, and was in 2 minds on building a home made one, but no room for (as yet) for another piece of kit
what would you need from me ?

I will make a new mould that’s neater
or I have a plastic copy
or a rubber mould of the original metal disc
or the original metal disc
image.jpg

If remould the original metal disc under pressure it will be as sharp as it can be. How long does the rubber you are using for the discs take to cure? I believe there is an adative you can put into fast cast that will make it more flexible. Rubbers normally take quite a while to cure so making lots takes ages. I could pressure mould one cast it and then make a multi mould so you could do a set at a time.

Good morning Mark
The rubber I used took about 12 hours to cure, the black rubber my nephew used at his works was 18 -24 hrs
i was thinking of doing a multi mold, but I’m still working on getting a great first cast and a decent rubber
all help welcome and what ever you need to make this happen just let me know

Hi Ben

Here as promised are some shots of one of my neckbrace details. The 'legs' on these casts are a little too parallel, they need to angle outwards apart from each other just a little bit so at some point I'll try soaking these in hot water to see if they can be bent to shape.

A1.JPGA2.JPGA3.JPG

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

Hi Ben

Here as promised are some shots of one of my neckbrace details. The 'legs' on these casts are a little too parallel, they need to angle outwards apart from each other just a little bit so at some point I'll try soaking these in hot water to see if they can be bent to shape.

View attachment 797656View attachment 797657View attachment 797658
thank you, now that I’ve finished up on my last little project I will see what I can do, I’ve got 2 little jobs to chase up for 2 other members but I can play with this in between

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back