First Time Custom Light-Saber Build

XerocTheCreator

Hey everyone, i'm fairly new to prop building but i have been a lurker of this site for a couple years now. I decided that I wanted to build a light-saber of some kind as my first prop. I know its not the best, but I managed to keep it under 30$ so i'm quite proud. Its made mostly out of found parts with the exception of a piece of steel piping which I bought from my local hardware store. I'm a big fan of The Old Republic so I wanted to build a light-saber inspired from it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
thanks man! The switch was taken from a vintage 1960s torchlight I found at a thrift shop. I actually used a 1900s sewing spindle for the grip as well. Its weird how you end up finding a use for stuff!

Very nice start, as propmainiac said, it does get addictive ! Everything you see in a thrift store/junk shop you will imagine it on your next saber build, when you see your wife’s car keys as your next addition to a saber !!! Take a step back

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back