Egon Spengler's ANH Vader build UPDATED w/ armor questions and photos.

Well, I've decided to go and get better Chest armor. Not happy with the work I'd need to put into this chest armor to make it work. It's not bad, but it's not accurate in terms of how the curve over the shoulders are shaped. Anyway, moving on ....

I've continued to modify my EFX Special Edition helmet. On the dome of the helmet there was a flaw where the brow of the dome had a bit of a bump obscuring where the line that defines te brow should be. I sanded it down and tried to reshape it as best I could.

I also have begun working at the middle ridge Y to make it more defined. It practically wasn't there at all right out of the box. You can see how undefined the Y was in the first photo.

Here are some photos.

vhm1.jpgvhm2.jpgvhm3.jpg

As far as I remember that is not a screen used rotj set, but the set that Don Bies restored and mounted on a rig so that it cannot be worn. It was auctioned off in the 90ies for a charity. In addition I think it was a set of promotional armour, sue to the quality of the repeoduction indistinguishable from a screen used set.

Youre thinking of another set with the two toned bells...This set matches on screen down to the chipped off paint on the cape hook as seen in the throne room scenes.

Well, I've decided to go and get better Chest armor. Not happy with the work I'd need to put into this chest armor to make it work. It's not bad, but it's not accurate in terms of how the curve over the shoulders are shaped. Anyway, moving on ....

I've continued to modify my EFX Special Edition helmet. On the dome of the helmet there was a flaw where the brow of the dome had a bit of a bump obscuring where the line that defines te brow should be. I sanded it down and tried to reshape it as best I could.

I also have begun working at the middle ridge Y to make it more defined. It practically wasn't there at all right out of the box. You can see how undefined the Y was in the first photo.

Here are some photos.

View attachment 782929View attachment 782930View attachment 782931

Be careful modifying anything on that. A lot of whats on it is tied to the screen used. I dont want you removing any screen detail. Do thorough research before you clean it up, the PCR already whent through extensive clean up.

Like I said all you need to do is seal the seams where the pieces join.. Thats it. The original helmet was bumpy and awkward as hell.

Be careful modifying anything on that. A lot of whats on it is tied to the screen used. I dont want you removing any screen detail. Do thorough research before you clean it up, the PCR already whent through extensive clean up.

Like I said all you need to do is seal the seams where the pieces join.. Thats it. The original helmet was bumpy and awkward as hell.

Thanks! I checked it with screencaps of the original ANH helmet posted at
http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Original-Darth-Vader-Helmets.htm and the areas I repaired on the EFX did need fixed. :) I'm being really careful about this. I'm going to lightly sand the dome down with 400, 800, and then 1000 girt paper before I prime and paint it. I'm going to paint the full helmet and armor myself.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back